General Category > General Discussion

New tire on the Stone

(1/3) > >>

Ncdan:
My Honda mechanic and friend of 40 years mounted my new Shinko on the Stone.
I replaced the 140-80-17 with a 130-90-17 due to being unable to find a reasonably priced 140.
A size comparison chart indicated there was not enough different in actual size to matter.
When I ask him what was the cost for the job he said “how’s 25.00 dollars sound” can you believe the nerve of that guy?
I said “heck no 25.00 is not fare and gave him 50.00.

The Moral of the story is, if you have a good independent  mechanic who is willing to work on your bike, when you are mechanically challenge as I am, look after him and pay him well👍

inditx:
 :thumb:

s1120:
I run the same size on my 02 stone. I think its a better all around fit for the bike.

Ncdan:

--- Quote from: s1120 on August 10, 2022, 04:46:47 PM ---I run the same size on my 02 stone. I think its a better all around fit for the bike.

--- End quote ---
Yeah the PO had put the 140-80-17 on it prior to me getting it.
When comparing the two to the size chart they are so close in hight and width there’s just not enough different to worry about.
I could have got the 140 in a Dunlop for 50 more bucks but I’ve had really good service from the Shinko. The Shinko that came off got 6500 miles and that’s about an average for me.

kballowe:
what ?  No pictures ???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version