General Category > General Discussion

My Calvin FARTED, and blew the hose and or filter !!!!!!!

<< < (2/3) > >>

Californhihay:

i pulled my pump out of the calvin today to check if the hose was ok, it looks like it has the crimp clips on the pump and filter.
should the hose between the filter and the pump be the spiral molded type to stop it straining and poping off?

Cam3512:

--- Quote from: Californhihay on January 30, 2015, 02:23:38 PM ---
i pulled my pump out of the calvin today to check if the hose was ok, it looks like it has the crimp clips on the pump and filter.
should the hose between the filter and the pump be the spiral molded type to stop it straining and poping off?

--- End quote ---

That "appears"  to have  been fixed with the proper hose and clamps.  It's the smooth rubber hose that's the culprit.  Is that hose still solid and clamps tight?

Sheepdog:
Yes, and that is the preferred metal filter, too. Looking good...,now good luck snaking that rascal back in the tank!

cruzziguzzi:

--- Quote from: Californhihay on January 30, 2015, 02:23:38 PM ---

--- End quote ---

Geeze does that bring back memories:
"The Matrix"... any of them.
"Star Trek" episodes with The Borg
The drug induced alien birth scene in "Alien Resurrection".

Oh yeah, and pulling my own within the first 1,200 miles. Fun, that. Reinstall is like trying to figure out the old "ship in a bottle" scenario. My guess, Moto Guzzi employs Oompa Loompas. ".... but it came out so easily..." Cried whiningly.

Todd.

lazlokovacs:
yep, been there done that, mine filed TWICE.

First time, it was 'fixed' by a professional. The second time, I fixed it myself. So far no problems.

And there is room for having the filter outside the tank on the frame.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version