General Category > General Discussion

For warbird fans - a rare one!

<< < (2/3) > >>

56Pan:
A lot of dedication and talent.  Had to send that on to some British buddies.

Bill Hagan:

--- Quote from: Lannis on January 22, 2015, 07:32:01 PM ---If you've flown on Ozark Airlines, you HELPED foot the bill .... the owner of the plane (not the dude who built it, but the guy who paid for it) is the president of that outfit ...

Beautiful plane.   I'm glad that's what he spent his money on.

Lannis

--- End quote ---

I haven't even thought of Ozark Air Lines for years.  Thought it was long gone; have to google 'em.

Ozark was the only scheduled airline company serving Owensboro, Kentucky, in the early '60's.  Gave me my one and only ride in a DC-3 when I flew from Cincinnati to Owensboro in late '63.  One of those "dark & stormy nights," and at 16, I remember noticing that the flight attendant stewardess (hey, this was 1963  ;)) had great legs.  Then, I noticed that she --  likely a young woman in early 20's and not a veteran of many flights herself -- had fear written all over her face.  That bothered me, but I still was happy, especially as I hadn't puked as I usually did on smaller planes back then.    ::)

Anyway, thanks for telling me, Lannis, about the Ozark connection.  I'll now claim I was a donor to that restoration.    :D

Bill

steven c:
Don't hide them, fly them! Great story.

Two Checks:
Ozark is long gone. Bought by TWA which was bought by AA.
Lots of ex Ozark people here in STL, their base. And they are still pissed.

davedude:
A little drift, but I flew Ozark out of New Orleans to Sioux City via STL, Des Moines, and Sioux Falls SD on a non harmonically synchronized (?) and rattly, short DC9 back in 1980. Man was that a rough (literally the roughest I've been on, and not the planes fault) flight. I walked up to their terminal in N.O., looked at all of the Ozark planes lined up, and told my self when I saw one particular plane, "Man I hope I'm not going on that one!" well.. Anyway, it was the exclusive airline for the Sioux City airport at the time. It doubled as an Air National Guard base. Incidentally, F-16s or 15s or some sleek fighters out of Salina KS would do daily touch and goes there and the Air Guard stationed there flew A7s at the time.

Great old airplane, i really enjoyed the video, thanks RR.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version