General Category > General Discussion

Disc Lock for T3, etc

<< < (2/4) > >>

Perazzimx14:
Disc locks, chains, cables alarms are all good at one thing....keeping honest people honest. For a thief there are but small stumbling blocks that will not keep them from doing as they intend.

The good news is Guzzi's are not desirable to steal.

rodekyll:
Sorry, I have no direct answer, but here's another possible solution -- I am building a hydraulic parking brake into my trike.  It's a valve that is installed in the brake line.  You press the valve  knob and the brakes lock.  Press again to unlock.  The valve is about $25.  It can be installed so it's handy but not obvious.

Guzzi_Don:

--- Quote from: rodekyll on January 26, 2015, 03:14:33 PM ---Sorry, I have no direct answer, but here's another possible solution -- I am building a hydraulic parking brake into my trike.  It's a valve that is installed in the brake line.  You press the valve  knob and the brakes lock.  Press again to unlock.  The valve is about $25.  It can be installed so it's handy but not obvious.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the info.

Can you provide pics and/or availability of the unit please? Guess they wouldn't have them here in Oz so a U.S. supplier details would be appreciated. Again thanks.

rodekyll:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Park-Lock-for-Sand-Rail-Dune-Buggy-from-Latest-Rage-/191493956980?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c95ede574

This is an example of the device -- all are more or less the same look and cost.  The differences are that some have 1/8"npt fittings and some are metric.

charlie b:
If you think your bike might be stolen then I guess I'd go for an alarmed system of some sort.

When I asked the cops around here about it, they said most bike thefts are not deterred by locks.  The thieves just pick the bike up (or tip it over onto a heavy pad), put it in a van/trailer and drive off. 

I've never had a 'popular' bike so have not used any of these theft deterrent devices.  My first bike didn't have a keyed ignition switch (the factory one broke).  It had a 'master' circuit breaker just under the seat.  Reach under, switch it on and go.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version