General Category > General Discussion

red Trumpet Italian lunch

(1/4) > >>

lucydad:
All,

Met up in Katy, TEXAS with my buddy Mitch.  Had Italian lunch and caught up on events, his daughter's wedding last weekend and such.
Sure is pretty in red:

She started on the first kick.  The little 650 sure has a roar.  Mitch complains that it just does not have the punch for Houston freeways.
Hence is why he is restoring the Triumph Trident in gold and white.  He said the TT has been a real pain:  in a lot worse shape than he thought.
But he is getting there one section at a time.

Windy out, I rode home and looped west to Willis and back home on 36.   Then a nap, then poodle walk, then bicycle ride on the Cannondale.
Now its time to go to a major Ft. Bend County fundraiser my wife has worked on for weeks. 

Need to get organized and do that motorcycle camping trip.  We have the rest of February, and then March and April before it gets too hot.

Bon weekend everyone!

lucydad:
Woops right you are:  750.

Windy as hell today.  Early fog riding into church, poor visibility with condensation and sun angle.  Then going east on Westheimer an emergency vehicle.  Chaos cagers result, gets my red flag going with being rear ended, sideswiped as the citizens just don't know what to do.  Not the best ride today.

Petrus Rocks:
...before it gets too hot."  20 F here and a foot of snow on the way.  You're killin' me.

It looks like a single carb on the Bonny, is that right?  That would make it a Tiger head. 
The single carbs are better low and weaker on top.  Certainly easier to maintain.
Does your buddy know about re-timing the stock cams?  They retarded the cam timing compared to the 650's.  Free power.

mgfan:
Just bought a 79 Triumph to quell my British thirst. Please tell me more about timing the cams..  :BEER:

oldbike54:

--- Quote from: mgfan on February 08, 2015, 12:25:36 PM ---Just bought a 79 Triumph to quell my British thirst. Please tell me more about timing the cams..  :BEER:

--- End quote ---

Not so much a cam timing issue . The T140s ran short exhaust cam duration to fake out emission testing . A late 60s exhaust cam from a Bonnie or R model will wake the 750 up . While advancing the cam timing may help , it is still a short duration cam .

Dusty

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version