General Category > General Discussion

Info on O2 sensor modulator,

(1/3) > >>

ozziguzzi:
Hi guys,
I've only been lurking over the past few years because I have been in the K world and didn't have a Guzzi, but am now back with a V7 special.

It has come with a Finebau (motociclo) O2 modulator (not fitted at the time I picked it up), but i know nothing about these units virtue and how they work.

If there's been a post that's covered this subject can someone direct me to it.

If not, can I have the following points clarified;

Was the mixture setting at the factory leaner than the optimal running ratio because of a need to meet an exhaust emission standard.?

Is the spitty farty start up and cold running a consequence of this, and the occasional backfire on over run.?

Is this why buyers get this piece of kit, to just deal with this possible leanness, or are there other benefits?

What is the impact on cruising economy?

There are a range of settings on it. What is the one most people opt for?

Any info is welcome

pauldaytona:
Yes: don't use it. there are more mature ways of changing injection these days if needed. Lots of posts

Vasco DG:
While the single lambda smallblocks seem to respond to one of these quite well as Paul says, there are much, much better and safer ways of dealing with fueling issues nowadays than these awful plug in kludges.

Pete

Kev m:
V7 Special? As in single throttle body motor with dual O2 sensors?

Yes lean, like everything built the list decade.

No, that's not why it's farty or stumbles on startup on a 1tb motor, it's an issue of idle management.

sign216:
I had a similar device, an O2 modulator I made myself.  It worked fine and improved idle and low speed performance. 

There are more expensive and more complicated gadgets to achieve similar goals, but the 02 mod was direct and easy to use.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version