Author Topic: V7 Sport Swan neck Handlebars Correct?  (Read 2454 times)

ZORIN

V7 Sport Swan neck Handlebars Correct?
« on: November 30, 2015, 11:28:40 AM »
Ciao Tutti,

Can someone please confirm if these Handlebars are the correct OEM ones for a V7 Sport I...  These do not look like reproductions, welds are nice and have been nicely smoothen...

Best would be if someone could please provide me with the measurements of the OEM Swan neck HB...

Many Thanks
Carlito

canuck750

Re: V7 Sport Swan neck Handlebars Correct?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 01:48:37 PM »
They look original and the reproductions are probably made by the same firm that supplied Guzzi with the originals. If you V7 Sport is a 72 or up to mid 73 then they are the correct style, later models used the folded metal clamps. Others will be along shortly to confirm the cut off date when Guzzi changed the style.

ZORIN

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 02:19:10 PM »
They look original and the reproductions are probably made by the same firm that supplied Guzzi with the originals. If you V7 Sport is a 72 or up to mid 73 then they are the correct style, later models used the folded metal clamps. Others will be along shortly to confirm the cut off date when Guzzi changed the style.

Thanks for the info...  As repro, I was referring to the one's MGCycle is selling, you can notice the welds not as nicely finished...

My V7 is actually a 73 II, later version, VK 3301xx, it should have the folded metal clamps HB you mentioned.  But later II series have been know to have been fitted with earlier style bars. 

Am actually trying to decide whether to put the earlier version HB or the later ones (both are correct), which I can get through a trade for mine...  What would you choose?

My V7 Sport did not come with its OEM HB, so I have no idea what style actually came on it... 

Grazie
Carlito

Offline guzzista

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 02:36:35 PM »
From what I was told the later type was devised to reinforce the bars as some breaks were reported by dealers  in Italy while the V7 Sport was  in production. The info came from Bruno Scola who was involved in the development. So the folded metal clamp types should be stronger..
1975 750S Tribute bike, 1994 Cali 1100, 2007 Ducati GT1000, 1983 SP1000, 1973 V7Sport project, 2017 California1400 Touring

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 02:36:35 PM »

ZORIN

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2015, 03:19:08 PM »
From what I was told the later type was devised to reinforce the bars as some breaks were reported by dealers  in Italy while the V7 Sport was  in production. The info came from Bruno Scola who was involved in the development. So the folded metal clamp types should be stronger..

Yes correct.  Some earlier version were known to have their welds break, therefore they went to the folded metal clamps.

canuck750

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2015, 05:51:06 PM »
I would go with the folded ones, personally I think they look better and since they are not reproduced I think they add to the 'rarity' of the later Sports.

ZORIN

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2015, 09:57:34 PM »
I would go with the folded ones, personally I think they look better and since they are not reproduced I think they add to the 'rarity' of the later Sports.

Excellent Point!  Grazie!

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here