Author Topic: What is it with some riders?  (Read 1461 times)

Offline MikeW

• New Egg
    • Mike's Machines
What is it with some riders?
« on: July 03, 2016, 05:43:47 PM »
I was on my way home from a ride last weekend when I saw this...

We had just hit suburban traffic and I was tootling along at the speed limit behind two cars. I'd had my fun through the hills and was enjoying the relaxed pace of the final home stretch.

When suddenly an R1 appeared in my mirrors from nowhere. As the two cars in front of me slowed for a red light the rider overtook me and one car, dived in between the other with no room to spare and went though the red light between two cars turning from the the side road and disappeared into the distance at speed.

I was dumbfounded. I've never seen anything like that before and I've seen some dangerous riders over the years!

Mike
Mike's Machines on You Tube
Motorcycle News & Reviews
Motorcycle Service Videos

Offline HDGoose

• Gaggle Hero
Re: What is it with some riders?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2016, 06:12:43 PM »
You're old. Feeling mortal.

Hymes Inc.

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2016, 07:58:32 PM »
We had a Hyabusa that would blast through town running all the lights. He wasn't trying to hide it either. I live in a town of 10K and he would park it out front of his house. Haven't seen the bike in a few years though.

Offline guzziownr

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2016, 09:22:06 PM »
I was on my way home from a ride last weekend when I saw this...

Today I was in the minivan loaded with seven and a cartopper full of luggage.  Palisades Parkway 65 in a 55, occasionally passing, occasionally being passed.  I'm one of those rare individuals who uses turn signals and keeps right except to pass.  The guy on the newish Triumph Speedmaster did not get that memo.

He was enjoying his Sunday drive, "Hey I'm doing 60 here!" in the left lane as frustrated people had to dodge the even slower cars in the right lane to pass him.  A Subaru WRX got right on his tail, high-beamed him and then ducked around with inches to spare.

The Triumphant Speedmaster gave him a shaken fist and an obscene gesture.  Right on brother!

Then there was the time a sportbike hero came weaving and lanesplitting through slow traffic.  He was followed by a 5.0 Mustang convertible.  Have you ever seen someone try to lanesplit in a '90s Mustang?  It didn't end well.  He locked up the brakes and went into the center divider then pinballed across all three lanes.  You will be glad to know that the biker was unhurt and probably unaware of the carnage in his wake.  Be carefull out there kids!
If you ever feel like no one pays attention to you, try making a sandwich in front of your dog

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2016, 09:22:06 PM »

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here