Author Topic: Guzzidiag connect problem  (Read 2039 times)

Raimon S

Guzzidiag connect problem
« on: October 06, 2015, 05:57:01 PM »
Hello, I am having trouble connecting to my '94 Cal 1100i with the KKL VAG-COM 409.1 and fiat adapter. Message to switch igniton on reverts to "ignition off" after turning key on. It shows "disconnected" at the bottom of the page. Since this is all new to me I actually considered that  progress!  Any help would be awesome. When the bike runs really badly, the throttle becomes useless so I suspect the TPS.

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Guzzidiag connect problem
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 06:07:28 PM »
When it says to turn the key on, you have to do it without much delay. <shrug> If you've jumped through the hoops to get the ecu talking to the computer, it should work. Maybe.  :smiley:
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline rboe

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Guzzidiag connect problem
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 07:06:52 PM »
I'm seeing the same problem (after I had a working solution). One problem; the laptop did not have the right driver and COM setup for the cable. Now I'm being advised the cable may have gone bad. Yay.  :laugh:

If you do not have the FTDI (spelling?) cable, but instead a counterfeit cable - there are lot's out there - that can cause it to not work.

So those are a few failure modes.
Phoenix, AZ
2000 Quota 1100 ES Black (sold & gone)
2008 Honda XR650L
2012 Griso SE
2013 Honda CB1100

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here