Author Topic: Norge Roadside Assistance Question  (Read 1896 times)

twowings

Norge Roadside Assistance Question
« on: June 19, 2016, 08:18:46 PM »
Does anyone know what size the nut is for 2008 Norge sidestand bolt? Lost mine and she's leaning like a tipsy lady...🍾

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
Re: Norge Roadside Assistance Question
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2016, 08:52:09 PM »
10mm X 1.25  and lock washer  @  23ftlbs

Fixed a stand on a Norge yesterday, 1 mount plate bolt missing out of the well and 1 backed out 1/2 way
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Offline guzzi ride

• "One more day I find myself alive Tomorrow maybe go beneath the ground" Garcia/Hunter
  • Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 05:07:26 AM »
twowings, just make sure you use lock-tight on both bolts.

Offline ITSec

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2016, 12:56:06 PM »
Does anyone know what size the nut is for 2008 Norge sidestand bolt? Lost mine and she's leaning like a tipsy lady...🍾

The bolt for the stand's pivot, or the bolt for the plate that attaches to the bike? Steve gave the answer for the pivot bolt, the one that goes to the bike is apparently a 12mm, 35mm long.
ITSecurity
2012 Griso 8v SE - Tenni Green
2013 Stelvio NTX - Copper
2008 Norge GT - Silver

I am but mad north-northwest!
When the wind is southerly, I can tell a hawk from a handsaw...

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2016, 12:56:06 PM »

twowings

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2016, 05:32:39 PM »
I need the upper plate hardware...whatever goes on the end of the bolt...an m8 is too small and an m10 is too big...The bolt is still there as is the rubber block it passes through...the bolt would have a hard time falling out at least on my bike as the exhaust is in the way...What kind of hardware goes on the end of that bolt, please? m9?

Offline ITSec

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2016, 06:42:26 PM »
I need the upper plate hardware...whatever goes on the end of the bolt...an m8 is too small and an m10 is too big...The bolt is still there as is the rubber block it passes through...the bolt would have a hard time falling out at least on my bike as the exhaust is in the way...What kind of hardware goes on the end of that bolt, please? m9?

Here's a PDF of the parts manual pages that relate to that part of the bike, but it doesn't seem to match what you're saying. I'll be working on that area of my Norge on Tuesday, so if we haven't got an answer by then I'll let you know what I find.

http://people.delphiforums.com/ITSecurity/Norge/Norge%20stand%20parts.pdf
ITSecurity
2008 Norge GT - Silver

twowings

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2016, 07:44:13 PM »
Here's a pic of Paul's Norge (item 20 on PDF)

and here's mine

both sidestands deployed...

mine is wobbly and bike leans way far over...hard to park with sidestand

I'm stumped

Offline ITSec

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2016, 02:24:22 PM »
OK, let's see if I can cut through the confusion here.

The bolt that goes through the rubber block has no nut - and in most cases shouldn't even be threaded except for the part up near the flange (as in photo of Paul's bike). It actually isn't even shown on the parts pages for the stand, as it is classed with the exhaust. If it had been replaced at some point, it's possible that a fully-threaded screw was used because it was handy. In any case, it has no bearing on the stand plate.

The two bolts that fix the stand's plate to the block are 12mm x 35mm dome-head socket drive machine screws. They do not have nuts assigned, since they screw directly into the block. If your plate is loose, you'll need to use an 8mm hex key to tighten them. If they are quite loose, back them out and apply new loctite. Unfortunately, the exhaust header pipe blocks access to the upper of these two screws.

The upper screw is visible behind the exhaust. The lower one is recessed inside the tube that projects from the stand plate (part 11 in the diagram, partly obscured). The lower one will require a long key or key socket.
ITSecurity
2008 Norge GT - Silver

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2016, 02:57:55 PM »
On the Norge I fixed the other day I didn't have the button head bolt out of the well hole, it was lost. I used the one for upper hole w/lock washer & loctite put in well hole.  One on flat plate hole I used a hex head w/flat & lock washers, loctite to 60ftlbs on both.
Don't forget it has a flat washer shim in between plate & block

Common issue on a Norge
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here