Author Topic: I Can Quit ANYTIME I Want To  (Read 2123 times)

Offline azguzzirep

• Gaggle Hero
  • Gratzi Carlo!
Re: I Can Quit ANYTIME I Want To
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2017, 03:19:51 PM »
Some scary crap on that video 😨
Murphy's  Law sucks!

oldbike54

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2017, 05:09:47 PM »
 Some of the comments are funny .
 " Guess you had to do the 'meth' "  :laugh:

Dusty

Offline wrbix

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2017, 05:53:59 PM »
A textbook case of job killing regulations- bloke's just trying to make a living in road transport.
Eliminate regulations to make South Australia great again.
Bill in VA, sometimes FL

"Eschew aphorism"

LeMans IV - "Giulia"
Lario - "Giulietta"
V50III cafe'd - "Leggera"
‘77 Convert - “Sofia”
BMW airheads: R100RS, R100CS, R100GS, R100RT, R60/2 sidecar rig
Classic Mini
‘60 Austin Healey Sprite
Caterham Super Seven Sprint
‘13 Audi TTRS
Grumman AA5B (sold)

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2017, 05:53:59 PM »

twowings

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2017, 06:34:09 PM »
I thought the 'flexible coupling' 'twixt trailer and tow vehicle was a nice touch... :violent1:

Offline Murray

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2017, 07:40:32 PM »
Just before people get carried away the tank is polly/plastic so its not what you'd describe as heavy.

Offline Arizona Wayne

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2017, 07:49:13 PM »
1 time I rented a small fiberglass camping trailer and was pulling it behind my 1/2T Dodge Ram PU doing 65 mph on Hwy 50 in norCal when it felt like the hitch had disengaged from my PU bumper  :shocked:  The trailer stayed behind me but was moving the rearend of the truck around some as the only thing keep the trailer attached to the PU was the 2 safety chains and we were on a downhill freeway.  I was safely able to pull over w/o any incidence and found the ball I installed on the bumper was attached by a bolt upside down in the ball had loosed up over time and completely fallen out of the bumper!!  :cry:  Amazingly we were able to find the bolt and attach it again and move on.  It had a lock washer on it but the constant pulling/pushing motion on the hitch apparently had loosened it over time.  Never bought that design hitch again.  :violent1:

oldbike54

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2017, 07:59:47 PM »
Just before people get carried away the tank is polly/plastic so its not what you'd describe as heavy.

Yeah  , probably about 300 lbs , although the aero can't be great  :laugh: When first seeing the pic I thought , "Oh hell , please let this not be in Oklahoma"  :rolleyes:

Dusty

Online nc43bsa

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2017, 12:06:44 AM »
Some of those close calls look like an average day's events in Florida.
1990 MilleGT

Online nc43bsa

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2017, 12:08:36 AM »
1 time I rented a small fiberglass camping trailer and was pulling it behind my 1/2T Dodge Ram PU doing 65 mph on Hwy 50 in norCal when it felt like the hitch had disengaged from my PU bumper  :shocked:  The trailer stayed behind me but was moving the rearend of the truck around some as the only thing keep the trailer attached to the PU was the 2 safety chains and we were on a downhill freeway.  I was safely able to pull over w/o any incidence and found the ball I installed on the bumper was attached by a bolt upside down in the ball had loosed up over time and completely fallen out of the bumper!!  :cry:  Amazingly we were able to find the bolt and attach it again and move on.  It had a lock washer on it but the constant pulling/pushing motion on the hitch apparently had loosened it over time.  Never bought that design hitch again.  :violent1:

I don't think that design is available any more (in the US) for that reason.
1990 MilleGT

Offline not-fishing

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2017, 04:31:19 AM »
The trailer stayed behind me but was moving the rearend of the truck around some as the only thing keep the trailer attached to the PU was the 2 safety chains and we were on a downhill freeway.   :violent1:

When I picked up my Griso years ago used I rented a UHaul trailer attached to my factory class 3 hitch on the Durango.  It was a Los Angeles run from Folsom, CA.  By the time I made it to the outskirts in Malibu I had to stop and find a new bolt for the trailer hitch.  The freeway is so bad there the jarring had banged the pin out of the 2" tube insert out of the receiver on the empty trailer.  I roped the insert & ball back in the receiver, found a local lumber store that carried really big bolts and triple nutted the insert back in.  Yeah I do tend to overkill the tie-down & trailer attachments from decades of running loads for Construction.  There's always some IDIOT that will pull out right in front of you

I don't see how anyone rides some of those LA Freeways without splitting rims every so often.

Mark
Griso 1100
Rosso Corsa Lemans
1/2 a V50 III (with my son)
V65 SP - Finished but the Dyna died so it's non-op'd
'75 850T with sidecar - a new project and adventure

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2017, 06:39:46 AM »
I don't see how anyone rides some of those LA Freeways without splitting rims every so often.

Many years ago, a ride up the 5 leaving LA in the Jack All rig made me wonder about that. I don't know how they can have what feels like frost heaves where it doesn't freeze. First, the front wheel would hit, then the sidecar wheel, then the rear. It had my tank bag shaking back and forth so badly I couldn't read the map.
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline Sasquatch Jim

• Gaggle Hero
  • Sidecar - Best drive by shooting vehicle ever
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2017, 07:47:52 AM »
 Those heaves in the road are caused by big semis.  Those tandem axles hit a bump and the front axle bounces up then the rear half bounces hammering the front half back down. this causes the beginning of a new bump when the asphalt is peened repeatedly.  Soon those trucks are going along with the tandem axles peening long strips of hi way into washboard asphalt. If you stand near the side road you can watch this happening as the tandems rattle end for end violently as they speed along.
Sasquatch Jim        Humanoid, sort of.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here