Author Topic: Ortlieb / BestRest = happy bike  (Read 1813 times)

Offline kidsmoke

• Gaggle Hero
  • It's never too late to be what you might have been
Ortlieb / BestRest = happy bike
« on: May 06, 2015, 10:44:38 AM »
Have been wanting a better pannier solution than heavy leather bags and didn't want to go to a hard bag. there are LOTS of opinions and options shared on this forum, which is great. I saw this sale for the Ortlieb Moto Bag Saddlebags ( http://www.bestrestproducts.com/p-205-m2201-saddlebags.aspx ) listed on another thread, and decided it was too good to pass up.

I took the opportunity to improve things on my bike as well.

I intstalled some hastily machined stand offs with longer bolts where the originals were to increase the spring clearance....

then ran the wide velcro straps under the saddle and behind the pillion. The tonti frame provides a perfect retention point for the front quickconnect straps, without having to mess with the rear footpegs

and the rear strap runs behind the license plate. Super stable and well retained. Cleans up the appearance really well, I think.

Practical and clean and not trying to come off as an "italian harley", a statement some make that I don't care for. Only critique...26 liters isn't as much as I'd thought. I'd think they could possibly make a wider bag (one that would extend more towards the tail of the bike ) and I'd be interested. I intend to pair this with an Ortlieb moto duffel to use as a tail bag on the pillion.

The bags seem VERY well made. The buckles don't feel like they'll want break at all. No concerns at all about the velcro giving up. And if I need to, I can lift the seat, 3 quick disconnects, and they come with me. I like 'em a lot.

As for BestRest...aside from offering a great price, these were at my door 5 business days after ordering. Seems like a good outfit.

'79 G5
'93 1000S
'00 Jackal
'09 GRiSO

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here