Author Topic: Anyone pulled a v9 tank to get fuel filter?  (Read 757 times)

Offline bad Chad

• Gaggle Hero
Anyone pulled a v9 tank to get fuel filter?
« on: May 02, 2021, 04:30:47 PM »
I pulled out my trusty endoscope, ( I have a discount colonoscopy business I run out of my basement) to look at the fuel filter in my 17 v9.   It does have the plastic filter, although it looks to be in good shape so far, maybe because it's had 80% non ethanol fuel its whole life?  Anyway, I can't count on finding such gas while on road trips, so I want to replace it.  Is there any info or experience one could relate to me, to making pulling the tank and filter a pain free job?

I took a pic, but my $20 endoscope from ebay is fighting me, when it come to posting such pics.
2007 Breva 1100  Red Arrow (and faster than yours!)
2016 CSC 250TT Zongshen
2017 V9 Roamer

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
Re: Anyone pulled a v9 tank to get fuel filter?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2021, 06:25:13 PM »
You can do it fine.
Lift tank(EMPTY) unhook cap drain & tank breather, disconnect fuel hose fitting. May have a green square by frame rail to pop apart, cant remember.  Flip over on soft towl and undo the 6 screws, that's it.
Don't forget to unplug the lectrics.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 06:31:28 PM by guzzisteve »
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2021, 11:44:16 AM »
Did you get it done?
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Offline bad Chad

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2021, 03:33:42 PM »
Not yet, I still have to order the proper filter.   I actually won't be getting to it until June.  I'll follow up then.
2016 CSC 250TT Zongshen
2017 V9 Roamer

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2021, 03:33:42 PM »

Offline Zenermaniac

• Gosling
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2021, 05:38:43 PM »
I just did my V9 Roamer this afternoon.  Took me half an hour of fiddling and swearing to get it out of the tank.  I didn’t have the correct Oetiker clamps but did have some 3/8” size from the hardware store. They’re a little bigger but seemed to crimp down okay. Guess we’ll see if they are snug enough. The old filter  was swelled up and didn’t look like it would last much longer with only around 1400 miles on it. Damn ethanol gas.  The new filter (Mahle KL-145) is slightly larger and I didn’t think it would go into the tank but with a lot of wiggling and twisting it finally went in. I was really close to bypassing the internal tank mount and mounting it externally. The Roamer started right up and no leakage seen. Now I need an Aleve and a stiff drink.

Offline bad Chad

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2021, 09:38:11 AM »

leaflet linestring
Changed mine yesterday, all went fairly straight forward.   I used the Mahle 145 too. I used two small zip ties in place of stock larger tie, I was able to get it all back in the tank in about two minutes of finagling.

Old filter is bloated and highly suspect.   Guzzi is no longer installing the Mahle 150, it took them a long time but perhaps they learned the error of their ways?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2021, 09:40:23 AM by bad Chad »
2016 CSC 250TT Zongshen
2017 V9 Roamer

Offline guzziart

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2021, 09:49:03 AM »
No V9 Content.

FWIW, replaced ' 03 V11 Lemans in-tank filter. Filter & tank gasket came from Cadre Cycle, fuel hoses from Euro Moto electrics.

'71 CB350, '72 Eldo, '72 CL350, '81 CB125s, '87 LMIVSE, '91 CT70, '03 V11 Lemans, '08 Wing  ('12 Wee Strom - R.I.P.)

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here