Author Topic: The GRIT rally  (Read 14637 times)

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
Re: The GRIT rally
« Reply #90 on: October 03, 2017, 02:24:08 AM »
In Tucson.  Almost in PHX.  We're in a Uhaul.  I had the least problematic break down.😝
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline Arizona Wayne

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #91 on: October 03, 2017, 02:30:05 AM »
In Tucson.  Almost in PHX.  We're in a Uhaul.  I had the least problematic break down.😝

Steve Ford told me that.  He said you had a tube issue and the Harley rider had an alternator issue.   Sorry to hear that.   I know how you can make those mags tubeless if that helps.  Mike Tiberio told us how.  Mine are tubeless now.  :smiley:

Offline Beaver

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #92 on: October 03, 2017, 07:53:46 AM »

Steve Ford told me that.  He said you had a tube issue and the Harley rider had an alternator issue.   Sorry to hear that... 

Tom,  What has happened now?

A.W., The flat and alternator issues were on the way to the GRIT Rally and were taken care of.

Beaver
MGNOC TX Rep
Lindale, TX

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #93 on: October 03, 2017, 06:11:54 PM »
Got in to Coahoma off I20 for gas.  Richard"s 1400 Cali wasn't charging.  Rented a Uhaul in Big Springs.  2:30a, we got into PHX.  Had a small problem getting the bikes off loaded today.  Cooking dinner tonight maybe tomorrow.  I'LL have to make my flight arrangements.
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #93 on: October 03, 2017, 06:11:54 PM »

Offline Arizona Wayne

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #94 on: October 03, 2017, 09:17:23 PM »
Got in to Coahoma off I20 for gas.  Richard"s 1400 Cali wasn't charging.  Rented a Uhaul in Big Springs.  2:30a, we got into PHX.  Had a small problem getting the bikes off loaded today.  Cooking dinner tonight maybe tomorrow.  I'LL have to make my flight arrangements.

WOW, so all 3 of your bikes had issues going to or leaving the GRIT Rally.  :evil:  I warned you it was going to be a tough ride from Kingman to the rally.  Probably a trip you will never forget.  :cheesy:  Maybe that's why they call it the GRIT Rally.  :popcorn:  I've been there once so I have creds on this subject.  :grin:  Not blaming the rally for anything but just saying going to & from eastern Texas then @ the 1st of October from the West coast is not so easy, whether it be weather changes then or the distance.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 01:06:35 AM by Arizona Wayne »

Offline richthib

• New Egg
  • Lifetime MGNOC #5
« Reply #95 on: October 04, 2017, 12:10:13 PM »
On a computer now.  Got in yesterday 2:30A.  Returning the Uhaul truck to day.  Had a challenge with unloading the bikes.  Fortunately, about a mile away is the commercial away with loading docks.  We found a curb high enough to do a straight roll off without coping with the high bed. 

If I wanted boring then I would have a Goldwing.   :grin: :grin: :grin:  All in all, a good trip.  Small problems.  The SP1000 had no real problems.  Found the oil misting problem.  The oil feed lines to the top of the engine, both are seeping.  Need to replace them or just run the bike and put more oil in.   :grin:  There the original cloth weave lines.   :tongue:  Easy fix but "They only lasted 37 years!"  More misting oil the higher the rpm's.  The plus side is the oil coated the bike from corrosion.  :grin: :grin: :grin:

:thumb:
13 Moto Guzzis since 1975  Currently 2014 California 1400 touring and 2014 V7 Special.

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #96 on: October 15, 2017, 03:20:25 PM »
That was me posting from Richard's computer.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here