Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Breva V1100 Fuel Pump
« Last post by moto-uno on Today at 02:39:58 PM »
  If you have the time , vinegar is not too bad at removing the deposits , use lots ( it's cheap) , shake a bit and do this as often as you
remember over the span of a few days . Peter
General Discussion / Re: Stornello Replacement Tires?
« Last post by rocker59 on Today at 02:04:30 PM »

You might look at the Heidenau Scout K60
Yes Nevada is a steel tank.....very similar to my old V65 Florida (also steel tank) & seat height of these is super low -

...Handling is fantastic & easy to throw around

Thanks for that, Paul.  :thumb:

Now I need to see if the seller will move from $4250. There's no way that bike is worth that much to me...
General Discussion / Re: Mistral h-pipe with T3FB?
« Last post by John A on Today at 01:52:47 PM »
I have cut the h pipe and installed a slip joint because if it’s in a bind it will crack. I used some band clamps like the muffler clamps. I think I used clamps for an Ambassador because they have to do down small enough for a good fit on the slip joint.
Serious question from relocated east coast rider to the southwest.
How do I cross all that desert and not get completely cooked riding up from PHX?  Late June is brutal.

* Start riding at dawn...first light...get your miles in early, then call it quits early.  3-4pm is usually the hottest time of the day. 

* I am NOT a big fan of riding after dark, but that is another option...

* Wear warm weather riding gear...A cooling vest will help...

* Stop and HYDRATE with water often...and as often as required...

* Don't push yourself as THE HEAT can be a killer... :rolleyes: :shocked: :huh: :rolleyes:
General Discussion / Mistral h-pipe with T3FB?
« Last post by yackee on Today at 01:30:06 PM »
Hi all,

After a long absence I am finally getting my T3 (floorboard model) back together. I am in the process of installing a new Mistral exhaust system. I have the h-pipe too. (https://www.mgcycle.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=26_95&products_id=5864)

Just to make sure I'm not going crazy, it seems that the h-pipe doesn't work with the floorboard model, the "cut-out" on the police-style side-stand bracket forces the left-hand header close in to the frame, and leaves the right-hand header away from the frame. I assume there is no solution (apart from cutting off the side-stand bracket, which I don't want to do)?

Thoughts appreciated!
Jason
How do I cross all that desert and not get completely cooked riding up from PHX?  Late June is brutal.

Facing the same issue coming out of Texas in brutal heat, I wear a 3 liter camelback, fill it with ice and a bit of gatorade and mostly water, and fill it up at every gas stop with ice.  The ice melts slowly, keeps the liquid nice and chilled and I stay hydrated.

Clothing...if it's killer hot, I don't wear a mesh jacket, or you just dehydrate even faster...I also stop about every 1/2 hour and pour a bottle of water on my head, shirt etc...keeps some evaporation / cooling effect. 

Ride early early morning helps to get some miles down before the killer heat kicks in...
General Discussion / Re: Mounting Auxiliary Lights - 2015 Griso
« Last post by PJPR01 on Today at 12:03:48 PM »
Thanks Paul....good ideas! 
Yes Nevada is a steel tank.....very similar to my old V65 Florida (also steel tank) & seat height of these is super low - I'm 6'2" & ride around with knees around my ears...especially using highway pegs !!  Handling is fantastic & easy to throw around

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here