Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Stuck Norge Filter
« Last post by Moparnut72 on Today at 10:45:54 AM »
Found one. Not cheap. I don't know if this one is the right size but Jims may have others but they mostly cater to the Harley world.
kk

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/jims-slim-oil-filter-wrench
General Discussion / Re: Stuck Norge Filter
« Last post by Moparnut72 on Today at 10:41:44 AM »
I had a really tight filter on one of my bikes. The sheet metal cup type filter kept slipping. The local indy bike shop loaned me what they use. Worked a charm. I just tried to find on online with no luck. Anyway it was a thin aluminum ring with an offset square hole for a 3/8" extension for a ratchet. It worked perfectly without the slightest slippage. An afterthought I think it was my Harley Twin Cam which has no room to get to the filter. No way to get a strap type filter tool on it or poke a screw driver through it.
kk
General Discussion / Re: Guardia D'Onore Day in Daville, IL
« Last post by bigbikerrick on Today at 10:38:26 AM »
Great looking bikes!  One of my favorite color schemes.Considering how HUGE all the current crop of ADV bikes have gotten, the V 85 TT is much more to my liking. I think Guzzi came up with the perfect combination of power/ weight/ size, where almost anyone can ride one.   :thumb: :thumb:
Rick D.
General Discussion / "Squeaky" 2 LS front brake on Loopframe.
« Last post by bigbikerrick on Today at 10:29:37 AM »
Hello Folks, I have owned my 73 Eldorado for about 18 years, and have  had an issue with the front brakes  squealing on application no matter what I do. The only thing that quiets it for a while, is sanding the brake shoes, roughening up the surface, but it only lasts for about a month or so. The front brake stops /works very well, as far as stopping power goes. I have tried shoes I bought years ago from MG Cycle, and currently have the original "green" brake shoes in it. I have  arced the shoes to the drum,adjusted the arm that links both shoes where they both make contact with the drum at the same time, I have lubed all the points that need lube, and adjusted the angle of the arms as suggested in This Old Tractor. I have also made an extra thick brake cable, that does not stretch. I cant really  "lock up" the front wheel, but I almost can, I think.
 If it makes any sense, when I apply the brake with medium pressure is where the squeak is, as I pull harder on the lever, the squeak goes away, so it only occurs as I start braking, coming to a stop, but, Man, is it loud! Folks turn their heads in cars with the windows rolled up, next to me, etc.

To resolve this on disc brakes, I would normally apply "anti squeal" paste to the back of the pads, to quell the vibration that causes the squeal, does anyone have any suggestions for drum brakes to accomplish the same thing?
Any suggestion/advice is always mucho appreciated,
Rick.
General Discussion / Guardia D'Onore Day in Daville, IL
« Last post by Dave Swanson on Today at 10:22:50 AM »
I drove my friend Dom (left) down to Danville, IL to meet up with Enzo to pick up his new Guardia from Cadre.  A young fellow from Wisconsin, Josiah, also drove down to pick his up.  Nice 2 for 1 delivery for Enzo. 

Enzo only has one Guardia D'Onore left!  Get yours while you still can!

I had planted the V85TT seed last year with Dom when I had him test ride my V85TT.   Being a parsimonious guy (Guzzi owner potential) he mightily resisted, but finally surrendered his wallet in the face of the current super low pricing.   :grin:

Yes, the Allman Brothers still receive their fair share of airtime here. At Filmore East is my go to.   So many favorites.  I usually play Mountain Jam when I am down in the shop while I am doing something boring, like polishing wheels.  It helps keep the pace going!

Been playing their albums since the 70's. And yes, what a run for Dickey. RIP Mr. Betts.  We have three Cockatiels  and I taught one of them 25years ago to whistle the intro from "One Way Out" and the other two birds have picked it up. All three whistle along when I put it on the turntable.

Paul B
General Discussion / Re: Norge handlebar differences
« Last post by brider on Today at 09:03:07 AM »
I too would LOVE a set of the 1200 Sport top clamp. I removed a set of risers from my '07 Norge and find the stock position not-uncomfortable, but would love the configurability of the 1200 Sport setup. That's gotta be a rare find.
General Discussion / Re: No acceleration passed 3rd
« Last post by brider on Today at 08:58:25 AM »
I agree with John A, symptoms say clutch slipping.
General Discussion / Re: New ride
« Last post by brider on Today at 08:54:03 AM »
VERY Nice! Looks a lot more Adventure-y and trail-capable than Vstroms I've looked at in the past during my ADV-bike daydream scrollings thru the used market. LOVE the color scheme, too.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here