Author Topic: NGC - Has anyone ever seen a Bigfoot?  (Read 14360 times)

Offline SIR REAL ED

• Gaggle Hero
  • uh.... it's personal....
NGC - Has anyone ever seen a Bigfoot?
« on: August 14, 2020, 06:16:30 PM »
Just curious.  Lifelong interest.  So many great tales are out there.

Mentioned this a couple weeks ago to a buddy who enjoys the Great Outdoors immensely.  He said he actually did see one in Florida.  They call them Skunk Apes down there.

He and a fishing buddy saw one in the headlights at night.  Convincing parts of the story were they continued driving for two hours with neither saying a word.  He said neither said anything about it for the next two days, and as they were getting ready to part company and go back to their normal lives, the other guy said "We really did see that, didn't we?"  To which my buddy replied "Yeah, we really did."  And that was where the conversation ended.

For what I have read, that is often a typical reaction.
"If reading shite on the internet will trigger your head exploding, please wrap your head in Gorilla tape before logging on.  Thanks!!!"

2019 Beta EVO 250
1999 Suzuki DR 650 w/790cc kit
1994, 2001, & 2002 MZ Skorpions
1992 YAMAHA TDM850

oldbike54

Re: NGC - Has anyone ever seen a Bigfoot?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2020, 06:25:12 PM »
 There is no such thing as bigfoot , any creature needs a viable population to survive , and a viable population means we would have photographic evidence that bigfoot actually exists .

Oh , his name is Darrell  :grin:

Dusty

Offline slopokes

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2020, 06:30:12 PM »
I think we have tooo much time on our hands

Offline JJ

• Gaggle Hero
  • Life is meant to ENJOY...not "endure."
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2020, 06:32:53 PM »
There is no such thing as bigfoot , any creature needs a viable population to survive , and a viable population means we would have photographic evidence that bigfoot actually exists .

Oh , his name is Darrell  :grin:

Dusty

I saw THIS Bigfoot in Rome, Italy in Dec. 2004... :laugh: :grin: :wink:

Life Member: MGNOC L-772, AMA, HOG
'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2020, 06:32:53 PM »

Offline alanp

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2020, 06:35:59 PM »
I saw THIS Bigfoot in Rome, Italy in Dec. 2004... :laugh: :grin: :wink:

Me too.

We really did see that JJ, didn't we?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 06:36:36 PM by alanp »
Niwot, Colorado
'08 1200 Sport - Black
'16 V7II Stone - Black
Previous Guzzis
'07 Griso, '07 Norge, '03 California SS, '02 California SS, '02 V11 Lemans,  '83 Lemans III, '77 Lemans

Offline kingoffleece

• SplitWeight(tm) seat covers
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Rated 5 STARS Motorcycle Consumer News
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2020, 06:44:00 PM »
bigFoot-STILL the world's hide and seek champion
SplitWeight(tm) seat covers. A King of Fleece LLC product.

oldbike54

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2020, 06:46:07 PM »
  :laugh: :bow:

A few years ago 3 bubbas from NE Oklahoma decided to go bigfoot hunting (true story) . One of them saw bigfoot and shot and killed the poor creature , only it turned out to be one of his buddies . The remaining two panicked , and left the area . A reporter was trying to get Scott Walton , the sheriff in that county to comment on the veracity of the bigfoot sightings in his area . Scott , in his deadpan manner looked into the camera and said "there is no such ting as bigfoot"  :rolleyes:

Dusty

Offline SED

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2020, 07:03:01 PM »
No!   :evil:

I don't know Dusty, they seem to be doing pretty well here.

1983 LeMans III
1981 Monza
1947 Ariel Red Hunter
1939 Ariel Red Hunter
1937 Guzzi GTV

Offline Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2020, 07:26:31 PM »
I guess next some of y’all be saying there’s no Santa Claus🤔

Rough Edge racing

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2020, 07:35:34 PM »
 There might be Bigfoots, beings from another planet may live next door, who am I to say it's not so...An imagination is a good  thing.... :thumb:

Offline wrbix

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2020, 07:40:21 PM »
I guess next some of y’all be saying there’s no Santa Claus🤔

Thought we were to avoid religious discussions/posts here.
Bill in VA, sometimes FL

"Eschew aphorism"

LeMans IV - "Giulia"
Lario - "Giulietta"
V50III cafe'd - "Leggera"
‘77 Convert - “Sofia”
BMW airheads: R100RS, R100CS, R100GS, R100RT, R60/2 sidecar rig
Classic Mini
‘60 Austin Healey Sprite
Caterham Super Seven Sprint
‘13 Audi TTRS
Grumman AA5B (sold)

Offline Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2020, 08:05:38 PM »
Thought we were to avoid religious discussions/posts here.
Religious, really?

Online cliffrod

• Gaggle Hero
  • AC Button II
    • Carolina Sculpture Studio
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2020, 08:13:47 PM »
Ok- here's my contribution.

My Uncle Norman (veteran of Berlin Airlift, posted a thread here about taking him for a drive in a Model T last fall just before his 90th birthday) died 3 wks ago.  He spent his career as a geologist with the USGS and was a serious amatuer astronomer with multiple big telescopes that cost as much as a new Guzzi.  After retirement, he spent 30+ yrs in Roswell, NM. Once there, he spent 20 yrs as a nearly full time lead volunteer at the UFO Museum.....  So he had lots of answers for many such things.  Completely serious when it came to UFOs, aliens, Bigfoot, etc. No gags or BS.

According to Uncle Norm, the bigfoot population exists in a parallel dimension and are only present to be seen in our world when there is an inter-dimensional disturbance that allows them to briefly pass into our dimension.  Because these disturbances are temporary, they cannot stay in our dimension and are returned to their dimension as soon as inter-dimensional balance is restored.  He was completely serious about this explanation and explained that once we understand how to travel differently across space, time and dimensions that we will finally be able to know more about other life forms like Bigfoot and "little gray men."

The other part of the story, which is more rational.  Before we met, my wife lived year round in a tent in the woods in East TN for four years.   She was used to everything going bump in the night around her tent, from opossums & deer to coyotes & black bears.  She said one night, all the typical noises stopped except for something large walking.  Whatever it was walked closely past her tent.  It was upright & tall enough to cast a shadow down onto the tent (her beloved VW camper canvas tent).  No drama, but not normal and odd enough that the animals around her tent responded to it by going silent which tends to be a defensive/self-preservation behavior.  After it walked out of earshot, the regular night noises resumed.  She doesn't think it was a friend playing a gag and doesn't know what it was, other than it was very large and very real.

When she told him the story, Uncle Norm said "yup, that was a Bigfoot. You were lucky to be in the right place at the right time,"

We already miss Uncle Norman and having him next door.
1973 V7 Sport  "Now THAT'S a motorcycle!"-  Master Sculptor Giuliano Cecchinelli
1967 V700 Corsa Record
1981 Lemans CX100
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExX3YmQel_Q
http://carolinasculpturestudio.com/
Carolina Sculpture Studio YuoTube Channel-
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzSYaYdis55gE-vqifz

Offline Bisbee

• Hatchling
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2020, 08:23:01 PM »
My pit bull rescue has big feet. Her name is Bisbee but I almost called her Bigfoot. So yes, they do exist. 😀😀😀
94 R100R Mystic , 92 K75S, 98 EV, 17 Stelvio NTX

Offline Bulldog9

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2020, 08:23:31 PM »
I didn't believe in bigfoot till I saw one. 

Sadly, it was parading as my ex-mother in law.....
MGNOC#23231
The Living: 1976 Convert, 2004 Breva 750, 2007 GRiSO, 2008 1200 Sport, 2016 Stornello #742,
The Departed: 2017 MGX, 2014 Norge GT, 
In Stasis: 1978 XS750, XS1100SF

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2020, 08:33:22 PM »
My brother-in-law is from SE Okla.  He said his cousin saw one and it really changed him in so far as his love for the outdoors.  He lives in Honobia OK.  I took a ride through there at one of the Okla Camp Outs.   

Here's proof of me being there.

That's an "official" sign.  And they have a Bigfoot Festival in the fall.

It must be true.   :blank:
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Offline tazio

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2020, 08:39:42 PM »
North Georgia mountains are all ate up with these pesky bigfoot pecker-heads running  through campsites in the middle of the night..

Current Fleet
2015 Moto-Guzzi GRiSO
1972 Aermacchi Harley-Davidson 350 Sprint
1967 Kawasaki 650 W2TT
1966 Triumph Bonneville

Offline Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2020, 08:53:08 PM »
My brother-in-law is from SE Okla.  He said his cousin saw one and it really changed him in so far as his love for the outdoors.  He lives in Honobia OK.  I took a ride through there at one of the Okla Camp Outs.   

Is that a plexi fairing 3 on your bike LR? Nice!

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2020, 08:54:43 PM »
Is that a plexi fairing 3 on your bike LR? Nice!

Yes, wish I still had it (broken) and wish they still made them.   :sad:
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Offline JJ

• Gaggle Hero
  • Life is meant to ENJOY...not "endure."
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2020, 08:55:15 PM »
Me too.

We really did see that JJ, didn't we?

Yes, alan...we DID see that BIGFOOT in ROME! 

Also, saw this one on a bike trip in Aug. 2008!! :laugh: :grin: :wink: 

Life Member: MGNOC L-772, AMA, HOG
'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Offline Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2020, 08:59:54 PM »
Yes, wish I still had it (broken) and wish they still made them.   :sad:
I’m going to send you a PM

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2020, 09:10:06 PM »
Just curious.  Lifelong interest.  So many great tales are out there.

Mentioned this a couple weeks ago to a buddy who enjoys the Great Outdoors immensely.  He said he actually did see one in Florida.  They call them Skunk Apes down there.

He and a fishing buddy saw one in the headlights at night.  Convincing parts of the story were they continued driving for two hours with neither saying a word.  He said neither said anything about it for the next two days, and as they were getting ready to part company and go back to their normal lives, the other guy said "We really did see that, didn't we?"  To which my buddy replied "Yeah, we really did."  And that was where the conversation ended.

For what I have read, that is often a typical reaction.

It's amazing how much stuff isn't out there any more now that every person on the planet is carrying a fully equipped video system in their pocket every day ..... !

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

GeorgiaGuzzi

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2020, 09:17:31 PM »
North Georgia mountains are all ate up with these pesky bigfoot pecker-heads running  through campsites in the middle of the night..

Lol! There is a Army ranger mountain training camp in Dahlonega (I can never speel it write!) that my father attended. One of the survival exercises is the fly you into a desolate area at night, drop you off, (rappel actually) and you have to make your way back. I didn’t really believe it till one night we were camping at Frank Gross campground close to the fish hatchery. As was described, wildlife and bugs got quiet. We heard large creatures moving in the forest. Then splashing in the creek. Then swearing!!! A half dozen rangers passed by our campsite on their way to rtb.  Unfortunately logic ruins everything. Still was a great experience.

Offline Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2020, 09:20:05 PM »
It's amazing how much stuff isn't out there any more now that every person on the planet is carrying a fully equipped video system in their pocket every day ..... !

Lannis
Good point and very true Lannis👍

Offline rschrum

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2020, 09:56:01 PM »
No Sasquatch?
15 GRISO
00 ZX12r
07 Tuono Factory
01 ZRX 1200R
19 Monster 1200R
2012 MV Agusta Brutale 1090R
08 Ducati s4rs Tricolore
22 Indian FTR Championship
Central Iowa

Offline mobiker

• Hatchling
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2020, 09:59:39 PM »

Oh wow. I have ridden all around that part of OK - beautiful country BTW - and never new about this bigfoot thing   :embarrassed:
New destination noted  :thumb:
Mike

'88 BMW R100GS

Offline mobiker

• Hatchling
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2020, 10:02:24 PM »

My Uncle Norman (veteran of Berlin Airlift, posted a thread here about taking him for a drive in a Model T last fall just before his 90th birthday) died 3 wks ago.  He spent his career as a geologist with the USGS and was a serious amatuer astronomer with multiple big telescopes that cost as much as a new Guzzi.  After retirement, he spent 30+ yrs in Roswell, NM. Once there, he spent 20 yrs as a nearly full time lead volunteer at the UFO Museum.....  So he had lots of answers for many such things.  Completely serious when it came to UFOs, aliens, Bigfoot, etc. No gags or BS.

According to Uncle Norm, the bigfoot population exists in a parallel dimension and are only present to be seen in our world when there is an inter-dimensional disturbance that allows them to briefly pass into our dimension.  Because these disturbances are temporary, they cannot stay in our dimension and are returned to their dimension as soon as inter-dimensional balance is restored.  He was completely serious about this explanation and explained that once we understand how to travel differently across space, time and dimensions that we will finally be able to know more about other life forms like Bigfoot and "little gray men."

The other part of the story, which is more rational.  Before we met, my wife lived year round in a tent in the woods in East TN for four years.   She was used to everything going bump in the night around her tent, from opossums & deer to coyotes & black bears.  She said one night, all the typical noises stopped except for something large walking.  Whatever it was walked closely past her tent.  It was upright & tall enough to cast a shadow down onto the tent (her beloved VW camper canvas tent).  No drama, but not normal and odd enough that the animals around her tent responded to it by going silent which tends to be a defensive/self-preservation behavior.  After it walked out of earshot, the regular night noises resumed.  She doesn't think it was a friend playing a gag and doesn't know what it was, other than it was very large and very real.

When she told him the story, Uncle Norm said "yup, that was a Bigfoot. You were lucky to be in the right place at the right time,"

This may not be as far fetched as it sounds if the multiverse theory turns out to be right  :wink:
Mike

'88 BMW R100GS

oldbike54

« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2020, 10:20:52 PM »
This may not be as far fetched as it sounds if the multiverse theory turns out to be right  :wink:

Good grief , can you imagine what it must be like for the poor creatures in that other universe when the window between ours and theirs opens and they can see all of us  :shocked: Guessing those poor inhabitants of that other plane tell horror stories about this plane .

Dusty

Offline SIR REAL ED

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2020, 10:38:20 PM »

Great responses so far.  Thanks to all!!!

Cliffrod, TN is loaded with Bigfoot stories.  Your wife is not alone.  Your wife might appreciate these Youtube audio files:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=50+years+with+bigfoot%2C+part+1

Your Uncle Norman was also not alone.  I would have loved to have known him and engaged him in some long discussions.  This book is one of my favorites, in terms of a Bigfoot primer book that hits all the Theories (including his theories):

https://www.amazon.com/Locals-Thom-Powell/dp/0888395523

IMO, the most convincing books are, perhaps the David Paulides books, and the Habituation reports.

https://www.amazon.com/David-Paulides/e/B002ALI9AA%3Fref=dbs_a_mng_rwt_scns_share

Probably less than a 1% chance that Bigfoot really does exist, but if they do exist, the world is a better place, IMO. 
We all know that most people are nuts in some way, and we all have very active imaginations. 
Also the human mind's capacity for self-delusion appears infinite.

Hell, if did not already know that any idea that any human can express should be taken with a huge grain of salt, then accessing the internet should remove all doubt.

Still fascinates me, especially since most humans never venture more than a few thousand yards from pavement and are so very certain that the world is not more than they have experienced to date.

I WANT TO BELIEVE!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 10:47:57 PM by SIR REAL ED »
"If reading shite on the internet will trigger your head exploding, please wrap your head in Gorilla tape before logging on.  Thanks!!!"

2019 Beta EVO 250
1992 YAMAHA TDM850

Offline SIR REAL ED

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2020, 10:55:20 PM »
There might be Bigfoots, beings from another planet may live next door, who am I to say it's not so...An imagination is a good  thing.... :thumb:

Also lots of good stories out there from all over NY state.

2019 Beta EVO 250
1992 YAMAHA TDM850

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here