Author Topic: Big Block vs. Small Block for Lollipop Guild Member  (Read 374 times)

Online chuck peterson

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Big Block vs. Small Block for Lollipop Guild Member
« Reply #30 on: Today at 08:55:09 AM »
Thanks for this! Nevada in second place due to ergos? Or is it geared/cammed differently?

I’m on a Nevada..the lower seat has a downside in that it also splays your knees apart, but my 66yr old hips aren’t what they used to be..tempted to move to a V7 with a flat seat for my 32” inseam.

I describe the Nevada as a 2/3rds of a EV/Cali. 2/3 power, 2/3 size. Wonderful small block motor that sings at 6k, same as twin throttle body earlier V7…More of a 55-75mph interstate ride than a 65-85 EV. I have hard bags to act as leg protection. Replaced the handlebar with narrower and lower to bring a small forward bend. Stripped the ugly plastic chromed covers and sprayed a matt white. $4250 is a bit much, should be lower than similar V7 years

Don’t be fooled by the cruiser looking ergonomics…they used a tall rear tire that brings it back to a wonderfully neutral steering. Bought mine used in the middle of January for a steal…guzzi content! 21k miles and all good…

"I'd like to thank all my friends who have kept my Guzzi's going, but mostly...TOMB."
150k on Verts
750 Nevada
400f
R5 Yammie
BV250
4x 1976 Moto Demm Smily,, now 5, oops now 6, oops now 7
1980 SP1000 in little bits and pieces

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #31 on: Today at 08:58:52 AM »
Once you really start looking carefully, it turns into an embarrassment of riches very quickly...

Essentially a low-milage naked Norge for $3200!
https://bellingham.craigslist.org/mcy/d/bellingham-2006-moto-guzzi-breva-1100/7739555422.html

If height/weight are an issue to you my Breva 1100 felt WAY bigger/heavier than any of our smallblocks. It's night and day, and I didn't get the smallblocks because I was in any way challenged by the weight/height of the CARC bike. But I'd be remiss if I didn't mention it.

That said, the CARC bikes are night and day different with regards to effortless high speed highway work (if that matters to you).
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #32 on: Today at 09:04:05 AM »
I describe the Nevada as a 2/3rds of a EV/Cali. 2/3 power, 2/3 size. Wonderful small block motor that sings at 6k, same as twin throttle body earlier V7…More of a 55-75mph interstate ride than a 65-85 EV. I have hard bags to act as leg protection. Replaced the handlebar with narrower and lower to bring a small forward bend. Stripped the ugly plastic chromed covers and sprayed a matt white. $4250 is a bit much, should be lower than similar V7 years

Don’t be fooled by the cruiser looking ergonomics…they used a tall rear tire that brings it back to a wonderfully neutral steering. Bought mine used in the middle of January for a steal…guzzi content! 21k miles and all good…

I didn't mention it because of the OPs price range, but the first generation V9 Roamer/Bobber fit that bill even better. The motor feels more like the same as the EV. And the steering/handling is fantastic and the seat height is an inch to inch and a half lower than the Heron head V7 models (and I think the seat is more narrow). But the late-model Hemi head V7s are about the same in seat height.
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here