Author Topic: 2023 V7 Special Edition  (Read 956 times)

Offline bronzestar1

• New Egg
2023 V7 Special Edition
« on: April 19, 2024, 07:08:59 PM »
Since there was so much drama going on with my quest for a '24 V7 Corsa, I got this instead, picked it up today.  Had the dealer install a set of Ago reverse cone mufflers, airbox lid elimination kit, and UPMAP tune, which I had already ordered for the Corsa.  Sounds great with the Ago mufflers and dB killers removed, I'll take it out for a proper road test this weekend, weather permitting.  Service tech said the break-in service is at 900 miles, which will include checking the valves, and replacing the oil, trans, and rear drive fluids.  Depending on what's going on with my '18 Aprilia Dorsoduro and "cars and coffee" vehicles ('81 Lancia Zagato, '05 Audi A4 Quattro convertible), it might take me several months to get to 900 miles!

« Last Edit: April 19, 2024, 07:14:41 PM by bronzestar1 »

Offline JStorm

• New Egg
Re: 2023 V7 Special Edition
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2024, 01:21:33 PM »
Looks right! Did the dealer need to replace the exhaust hangers to suit the different mufflers?

Offline bronzestar1

• New Egg
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2024, 08:04:52 PM »
Looks right! Did the dealer need to replace the exhaust hangers to suit the different mufflers?

I got the mufflers from AF1 Racing, and originally got them to fit a '24 Corsa.  Since the mufflers are different on a Special Edition, AF1 had a note that said different hangers would be needed to fit the Ago mufflers on an SE.  And of course they're not in stock, so I was all prepared to ask the dealer to swap passenger foot peg brackets with one of the Stones they had in stock, and I'd swap them the Arrow mufflers for the Stone OEM mufflers.  Turns out different hangars weren't needed, they apparently fit fine, didn't need to change the SE hangars.

Offline blu guzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • Loves to ride
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2024, 06:53:21 AM »
I stopped in at Cadre yesterday.  Enzo has a used v100s with 1,400 miles that was traded for a Stelvio.  I rode the base model demo last year and tried to love it but couldn't.  I took a much longer ride on this used bike and adjusted everything to where I felt I would like it and it had the peg lowering kit too.  Same result, no love, it's just too good of a bike for me I guess and makes me feel inadequate like I am insulting it by putting my ass on it's seat. But mostly, I guess not enough of the old Guzzi feel for me.  So, I also took out a V7.  Instant Karma.  Definitely the Goldy Locks bike in my mind.  The only thing needed would be a peg lowering kit and wind screen and bags and away I could go.  They have one of those fantastic looking specials on the floor and it is tempting, but I rode home on the old 1400 anyway, I haven't even had it a year yet.  The Ago's were choofing along, the custom seat felt great, the screen kept me warm and neither of the two bikes I tested had the instant torque. Not today, but I think the V7 is in my future and am also waiting to see the Corsa.
Blue Guzz

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2024, 06:53:21 AM »

Offline Vagrant

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2024, 08:02:17 AM »
I have stubby 28" legs. On my V7III when I had a custom Maier? seat done, I had him add one inch. No problem flat footing and no need to lower the pegs.
HE IS FREE WHO LIVES AS HE CHOOSES
2016 V7II, 2017 V7-III Blue special, 2022 V85 the fast red one! 2016 650 Versys
L-196, L-197

Offline bronzestar1

• New Egg
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2024, 04:22:28 PM »
I have stubby 28" legs. On my V7III when I had a custom Maier? seat done, I had him add one inch. No problem flat footing and no need to lower the pegs.

I'd like to get something like the Corsa solo seat on my Special Edition, with tri-colore stitching, that would look SO cool! 

Online Kildareman

• Hatchling
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2024, 03:24:26 AM »
I'd like to get something like the Corsa solo seat on my Special Edition, with tri-colore stitching, that would look SO cool!

MG do a "solo" seat I have it on my Centenario.

V7 850 Centenario

Offline Tkelly

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2024, 08:24:43 AM »
I bet some members would volunteer to help you get to 900 miles while you ride your other bikes.

Offline JJ

• Gaggle Hero
  • Life is meant to ENJOY...not "endure."
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2024, 09:17:29 AM »
CONGRATS!! That's a really nice modern Guzzi...Good for you!!  :thumb: :bow: :cool: :boozing:

There's one sitting on the floor of the Guzzi dealer in Prescott, AZ. :smiley: :thumb: :thumb:

Life Member: MGNOC L-772, AMA, HOG
'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Offline bronzestar1

• New Egg
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2024, 08:55:29 PM »
Found this solo seat from the Netherlands.  Anyone know if it's a direct swap for the seat on my '23?  Thanks

Offline Vagrant

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2024, 07:04:28 AM »
I could be wrong but I seem to remember the 850 is different from the 750. So no.
HE IS FREE WHO LIVES AS HE CHOOSES
2016 V7II, 2017 V7-III Blue special, 2022 V85 the fast red one! 2016 650 Versys
L-196, L-197

Offline kingoffleece

• SplitWeight(tm) seat covers
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Rated 5 STARS Motorcycle Consumer News
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2024, 08:00:43 AM »
Not a huge fan of Corbin seats BUT they do offer an exceptional gunfighter (solo with "hump") for the V7 line that works quite well.
SplitWeight(tm) seat covers. A King of Fleece LLC product.

Offline bronzestar1

• New Egg
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2024, 05:03:36 PM »
Not a huge fan of Corbin seats BUT they do offer an exceptional gunfighter (solo with "hump") for the V7 line that works quite well.

Not a fan of Corbin seats either.  Every bike that I've bought that had one, I ended up replacing with either a stock seat or one from a different maker. 
« Last Edit: April 29, 2024, 05:04:53 PM by bronzestar1 »

Offline bronzestar1

• New Egg
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2024, 11:10:45 PM »
Found a single humped seat at AF1 Racing, price seemed reasonable, so I have one on the way. I'm already thinking of taking it to my upholstery guy, and having him replace the main seat panel with either black suede or Alcantara, and redo all the stitching in tri-colors (red - white - green).  Should be a nice, subtle upgrade to the bike.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2024, 01:35:01 PM by bronzestar1 »

Offline bronzestar1

• New Egg
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2024, 12:49:42 PM »
Since I ended up getting the SE and not the Corsa, I went ahead and deleted the thread I started on the Corsa.  Forgot I started this one, so I'll put any updates in here instead.  Test-fitted the solo seat from AF1, works perfectly.  I might do some work to it though, being all black it looks plain compared to the OEM seat.  Might have a black suede seat panel put on, maybe done in a tuck and roll like the OEM seat, or a diamond pattern (old school).  Stitching will be either red and silver like the OEM, or tri-color stitching, just to give it some color.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2024, 06:41:39 PM by bronzestar1 »

Offline bronzestar1

• New Egg
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2024, 12:53:02 PM »
Added some 3mm wheel pinstripes today.  A little tedious, but I think they came out okay.  When I look at the bike with the red wheel pinstripes, the all-black solo seat doesn't look so bad now...

« Last Edit: May 04, 2024, 06:40:45 PM by bronzestar1 »

Offline bronzestar1

• New Egg
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2024, 08:48:54 PM »
Special ordered a set of black spark plug covers from AF1, should have them in a couple of weeks, will give a nice contrast to the valve covers, and tie in with the gas tank better.  Did some playing around in Paint, and I think I'm going to take a stab at painting the raised lines on the valve covers in tri-colors...

Offline Zenermaniac

• Gosling
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2024, 07:26:06 AM »
Added some 3mm wheel pinstripes today.  A little tedious, but I think they came out okay.  When I look at the bike with the red wheel pinstripes, the all-black solo seat doesn't look so bad now...

Are the stripes paint or vinyl?

Offline bronzestar1

• New Egg
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2024, 01:28:45 PM »
Are the stripes paint or vinyl?

They're vinyl, pre-curved, used several overlapping sections to complete. 

Offline bronzestar1

• New Egg
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2024, 01:31:14 PM »
Painted the valve cover stripes today, used model paint.  Will take a razor and scrape away the paint on the sides, but it turned out pretty much like the Paint rendering I did. 

Offline bronzestar1

• New Egg
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2024, 08:59:41 PM »
Got my plate frame today, and transferred a plate from a bike I sold to the Guzzi (it was either my Ducati Monster S4RS or the MV Agusta F4, can't remember which).  But it's on the Guzzi now!  The Italian grammar may not be 100 percent accurate, but it gets the point across here in the States! 

Online Air-Cooled

• Gosling
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2024, 11:13:25 PM »
I get that the Italian flag is red, white and green, but that combination on the valve covers just doesn't look right. Sort of like a parade float going down the street.  OK, I'm a bad guy for giving a negative opinion, but it would look so much better in my mind to be left stock, or painted with all black or all red stripes.
1973 Moto Guzzi V7 Sport, 2016 Moto Guzzi Stornello, 2023 Vespa Primavera

Offline bronzestar1

• New Egg
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2024, 09:12:58 AM »
I get that the Italian flag is red, white and green, but that combination on the valve covers just doesn't look right. Sort of like a parade float going down the street.  OK, I'm a bad guy for giving a negative opinion, but it would look so much better in my mind to be left stock, or painted with all black or all red stripes.

It's all good, if it's posted, it's fair game!  I was thinking the same thing.  When I was playing around in Paint, I actually did those stripes in red as well.  The red would tie in better with the stripes on the tank and the other red things on the bike.  I have a set of black spark plug covers on order.  Once I install those, I might end up changing the paint on those stripes, I'll have to wait and see.  I was thinking of doing tri-color stitching on a solo seat I have for the bike, but when I look at the overall bike, I think I'm going to stay with red and silver threads, like the OEM seat.   

Adventure Motorsports of NW Florida.
Your Gulf Coast Moto Guzzi destination for all your Guzzi needs
http://www.adventuremotorsportsofnwf.com
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here