General Category > General Discussion

Why American men are becoming wimps

<< < (11/13) > >>

dxhall:
Some think it began with light beer and filtered cigarettes.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0034583/mediaviewer/rm582963200/?ft0=name&fv0=nm0000007&ft1=image_type&fv1=still_frame

cliffrod:

--- Quote from: dxhall on January 21, 2022, 03:02:40 PM ---Some think it began with light beer and filtered cigarettes.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0034583/mediaviewer/rm582963200/?ft0=name&fv0=nm0000007&ft1=image_type&fv1=still_frame

--- End quote ---

Too funny.

Many years ago with Pending ex-Wife #1, waiting at her divorce lawyer's office by I'm still completely smitten.  She's out of her standard Marlboro Lights (.....) so asks me if I have a cigarette. Thinking a gesture of kindness & absolute generosity might somehow someway save the marriage & even though I'm really broke, I give her my last real cigarette- an unfiltered Lucky Strike (L.S.M.F.T.) .  She lights it up, takes one little puff, says "OMG- that tastes like crap!  How do you smoke those things?!?" and crushes it out.

Needless to say, the marriage was not saved.

Joliet Jim:

--- Quote from: Mr Pootle on January 21, 2022, 12:05:56 PM ---It dates from when Americans started dressing up in armour to play a game not very different to rugby.

--- End quote ---

What he said, and we became incredibly bad at math with electronic scoring in bowling and darts. Sad sad

lucian:

--- Quote from: cliffrod on January 21, 2022, 06:14:44 PM ---Too funny.

Many years ago with Pending ex-Wife #1, waiting at her divorce lawyer's office by I'm still completely smitten.  She's out of her standard Marlboro Lights (.....) so asks me if I have a cigarette. Thinking a gesture of kindness & absolute generosity might somehow someway save the marriage & even though I'm really broke, I give her my last real cigarette- an unfiltered Lucky Strike (L.S.M.F.T.) .  She lights it up, takes one little puff, says "OMG- that tastes like crap!  How do you smoke those things?!?" and crushes it out.

Needless to say, the marriage was not saved.

--- End quote ---

Unlucky strike !  What will be will be!

Bulldog9:
My youngest daughter (28) announced a few years ago "I'm done dating girls with beards" She was tired of guys who couldn't check or change their oil, tires, do a tune up, swing a hammer, etc etc etc.  Suffice it to say she has had MANY first dates.... lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version