Author Topic: A question for you airplane pilots. Camguard Oil additive in a guzzi?  (Read 1786 times)

Doppelgaenger

Hey all, yes this is an oil additive thread.

Before you crucify me, read this: http://generalaviationnews.com/2014/11/02/continental-launches-camguard-evalution/. Yes, one of the biggest engine manufacturers in aviation is working to prove if this stuff works.

So for those of you pilots who have used this stuff in your planes (or know someone who has) have you used it in your bike too?

Offline mwrenn

• Gaggle Mentor
Re: A question for you airplane pilots. Camguard Oil additive in a guzzi?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 09:52:50 PM »
I have heard a few reports on TCM engines having the starter adapter spring slipping when camguard is installed.
There is an article about it Cessna pilots magazine.  I carry Camguard in my shop, don't put it in my V7 Guzzi  though...No real reason why not.  Just figure the bike doesn't sit that much...

Offline Thunderbox

• Gaggle Hero
Re: A question for you airplane pilots. Camguard Oil additive in a guzzi?
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 10:04:07 PM »
I used an additive called Power Up in all the cities police vehicles when I ran the fleet.  Used it for 19 years and never had a problem with any engines.  Still use it in my personal vehicles including the Norge.  I did a pretty comprehensive study of it using oil analysis.  Proved it was actually lowering wear in our equipment.  Worked in trannys, engines, PS and differentials.   Those who don't believe in additives were just like me.  I bought it for the fleet with the intent of proving it didn't work.  Every test I did proved it worked.  So we kept using it for the last 19 years I ran the fleet. Url is http://maryninternational.com/product-listings/powerup
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 10:06:08 PM by Thunderbox »
Relatively few riders are lucky enough to discover that there is a lot more to a lifetime of motorcycling enjoyment than just going fast. Those who do... become "motorcyclists".  The rest just happen to be riding a motorcycle.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here