Author Topic: What color is my Blue Moto Guzzi?  (Read 2039 times)

Offline n3303j

• Ron Cichowski
  • Gaggle Hero
What color is my Blue Moto Guzzi?
« on: May 28, 2016, 09:03:00 PM »
Bought this '98 V11EV. It is the two tone light/dark blue bike. It came with Moto Guzzi leather bags which are cute but not convenient or practical for easy travel.

Turns out Stein Dinse has some H&B manufactured Official  Moto Guzzi 40L bags left over. They are the Junior 40L bags with a custom lid featuring Guzzi logo and a smooth decorative insert on the cover. They are sending them out the door at $380 for the pair delivered to USA.

SO I've got these bags on the way and think they would look best if the bag accent panel were painted to match the body color.

Anyone have color numbers or names of the colors on my bike? Anyone know if matches are available in rattle cans?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 09:04:33 PM by n3303j »
'98 MG V11 EV
'96 URAL SPORTSMAN
'77 MG 850T3 FB

LaMojo

Re: What color is my Blue Moto Guzzi?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2016, 11:16:17 PM »
Turquoise/blue

Offline boatdetective

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2016, 05:37:39 AM »
Go to your local auto body supply shop (the one that provides paint to body shops). Bring a side panel. They will use a machine to scan the color. This can be used to find the best match. They can mix up the precise color and give it to you in a spray can.

...or, you can decide that going all matchy matchy with the color is the wrong idea. My design professional neighbor told me that matching the paint color on the bags only disrupts the lines of the bike and makes it look like it has a fat ass. She has a point. I had a pearl white EV and painted my panels a metallic black. These panels will scratch if you look at them the wrong way (they stick out and are the first thing to rub against something). I chose an off the shelf color so I could do quicky touch ups when (inevitably) I needed to repaint.   
Jonathan K
Marblehead, MA

1981 V50III "Gina"
2007 Griso 1100 "Bluto" (departed but not forgotten)
2003 EV "Lola" gone to the "Ridin' Realtor" in Peoria
2007 1200 Sport "Ginger"

"Who's the cat who won't cop out, when there's danger all about?"  -Isaac Hayes

Offline n3303j

• Ron Cichowski
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2016, 10:03:20 AM »
. My design professional neighbor told me that matching the paint color on the bags only disrupts the lines of the bike and makes it look like it has a fat ass. She has a point.
Hadn't thought of it from that point of view. My bags are coming through black. Guess I'll give it a good hard look over before changing colors.
'98 MG V11 EV
'96 URAL SPORTSMAN
'77 MG 850T3 FB

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2016, 10:03:20 AM »

Offline Cam3512

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2016, 11:10:11 AM »
I personnaly like the color matched panels on the bags.  Take a side cover to a painter and have them match it up.  Your bike's arse is gonna look wide with those 40's no matter what color.
Cam in NJ
'67 Stornello Scrambler
'71 Ambo Police
'74 V7 Sport
‘20 V85TT

http://mgnocnj.forumotion.com

Offline shaka

• New Egg
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2016, 02:34:57 PM »
I personnaly like the color matched panels on the bags.  Take a side cover to a painter and have them match it up.  Your bike's arse is gonna look wide with those 40's no matter what color.

Fat-bottomed girls you make the rockin' world go round...get on your bikes and ride!
                                                                                        Freddie Mercury
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 02:40:02 PM by shaka »
1998 V11 EV
Long Ago:
Norton Fastback
R50/2
R60/5

Offline daninwalkercounty

• Gosling
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2016, 02:41:08 PM »
match is cool, do you wanna get rid of the leather bags?  I could use them on my Ambo, just sayin.

Offline n3303j

• Ron Cichowski
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2016, 02:53:02 PM »
match is cool, do you wanna get rid of the leather bags?  I could use them on my Ambo, just sayin.
Exactly my intentions with the leather bags. They are the ones shown in the '98 EV parts book as an option. They are in somewhat sorry shape as I don't think the original owner ever heard of Snow Seal or Mink Oil. So they are no where near perfect. PM me an email address and I'll send you a bunch of photos highlighting the good, bad & ugly. Then tell me what they are worth to you.

Thanks, Ron Cichowski
'98 MG V11 EV
'96 URAL SPORTSMAN
'77 MG 850T3 FB

Offline jbell

• Gaggle Mentor
  • Some progress
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2016, 11:15:31 AM »
 :1: on matching the bag color to the bike.
'75 Ducati 860 GT  On the road
'76 Guzzi T3   Future project
'78 Guzzi G5  Current project
'81 Guzzi G5  Organ donor
'92 BMW K75RT  On the road
'16 Triumph Thruxton R  "Holy Moly"  Gone but not forgotten, sigh.

"Be yourself, everyone else is taken".......Oscar Wilde

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here