Author Topic: What Adhesive For Replacement Front Fork Side Safety Reflectors?  (Read 558 times)

twowings

On my '08 Norge, Luigi apparently ran low on adhesive when installing the RH side front fork reflector and it fell by the wayside unnoticed by me some miles ago.

Since it detached itself so easily, I mistakenly thought it would be cheaper(Guzzi content) just to remove the LH reflector from its fork leg and NHSTA be damned BUT Luigi must have used 9/10 of the adhesive tube on the LH one because removing it was a pain-in-the-you-know-where and a nasty residue remains despite various the application of various solvents/plastic scrapers/cursing so methinks the best alternative is to admit defeat and purchase new replacement reflectors.

SO, what is the recommended/tested adhesive to affix new reflectors to Guzzi fork legs?

TIA!

Offline RinkRat II

• Gaggle Hero
  • Lake Powell AZ
Re: What Adhesive For Replacement Front Fork Side Safety Reflectors?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 04:42:24 PM »
 Were they glued or a double sided tape  affair?

Paul B :boozing:
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 04:51:05 PM by RinkRat II »
A Miller in the hand is worth two in the fridge.

Offline cloudbase

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2018, 04:48:11 PM »
3M makes a slew of automotive adhesives.  You should find one that fits the bill at any auto parts store.

Offline BrotherJim

• Gosling
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2018, 11:38:31 AM »
Back when I had my Ducati 900SS CR, one of the fork reflectors was shattered from a PO mishandling, I guess.  I peeled it off to find the usual "DUCATI" script underneath.  Why cover that?  I peeled the other one off as well.  TEHO.  +1 on the 3M double-sided automotive tape.
Short Time Livin'...

'02 Moto Guzzi California Stone

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2018, 11:38:31 AM »

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here