Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Loopframe sidestand / foorboard question
« Last post by fotoguzzi on Today at 09:24:32 AM »
PM sent
Jackals or Stones would work for you in that price range.with foot pegs and factory scooped seats they are set up for short riders and you get a big block for trips.
...Breva 750 is the best all-arounder. 

I'd put the Nevada in second place. 

Thanks for this! Nevada in second place due to ergos? Or is it geared/cammed differently?
All super helpful replies, folks! Thank you.

I should have been clearer about my price range. In reality, it's $3500 or less. Not seeing V7s in that range, except for the odd 2010. (Having owned a 2005 Multistrada, I'd rather avoid the plastic tank!)

So I'm limited to older stuff like this '04 Breva in PA for $2500, which has been on FBM for 40 weeks!
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/182528568139173/
Dirk,

I think it's the weight difference.  The early V7s were much lighter than the successive models.

You very well may have a point—I mentioned that I found the III more nimble than my II, but that was noticed in the parking lot, not on winding country roads. At 40+ mph, I could see the III possibly wanting to keep straight due to the momentum and distribution of the extra weight, despite the reduced trail.

Dirk,

I think it's the weight difference.  The early V7s were much lighter than the successive models.

That 35-40 lbs is something you can feel on bikes like that.  I liked the handling and feel of the 2010 V7 Classic better than later ones which I've owned and ridden.
Update on registering.  Pay Gayle Gutherie using Zelle.  Use 206-218-8982.  Rally pin for first 250 registrations.  This per the latest MGNOC May newsletter.   :boozing:
$100 before June 1, 2024.  $125.00 after June1, 2024.

I don't have Zelle...but will send a check before June 1st.  :boozing: :thumb: :cool: :wink: :smiley:

That's funny because I'm convinced my MKI turns in more quickly and feels more nimble than my MKIII.

Now it's subjective, so I could be bat-shyte crazy but this is based on years or back-to-back riding at this point.

I've mentioned before that the MKI sometimes feels a little twitchy at times because it's so quick to fall in to turns.

Ooo…You encouraged me to check out the specs of the 3 bikes (per the service manuals):

• V7 Classic:
    Weight: 436 lb.
    Rake: 27.5°
    Trail: 5.43 in.
  • V7 II:
    Weight: 436 lb.
    Rake: 27.5°
    Trail: 4.61 in.(due to the adjusted angle of the engine?)
  • V7 III:
    Weight: 470 lb.
    Rake: 26°
    Trail: 4.17 in.

That 5.4+ in. of trail would lead me to believe it would want to go straight more than the others, like a cruiser. I wonder if this might simply be ‘new bike feel’ on my part…or maybe it’s the tire. Who knows. I’m never as smart as I pretend.

Mind you, the engine service manual for the older small blocks has verbiage cautioning us how to handle the antifreeze coolant in our bikes, so take those prankster Italians with a grain of fine Roman salt.
General Discussion / Re: Breva V1100 Fuel Pump
« Last post by guzzisteve on Today at 08:49:20 AM »
:thumb:

I hear all that, but I'm saying I've never found gunk in my own stuff with reasonable care or usage. I never add anything unless it's going to be in storage over the entire winter.

When I've come across crap in other's stuff it's without fail been in conditions that non-E10 would have gunked too.
My Jeep is only thing I use E-10 in and had a stuck injector, it sat all summers for snowbirds from NY going to FL. Fuel rail was full of goo, so been using DurAlt and it flashed lite on dash for O2 twice. It is clean now.
General Discussion / Re: Bought it
« Last post by Huzo on Today at 08:37:52 AM »
Thanks for the help.

I went ahead, even though I could smell burning/hot oil when I got close to the heads.

Three owners in 11,400 miles, with the last one doing just 300, suggests there is something wrong.

So far I’ve discovered a major leak from what appears to be the rocker box breather on the left cylinder.

Will a new clamp fix it, or will I need to pull the tank and replace both.

Thanks.  :-)

I was talking to Peter Roper today and he said you can contact him on
motomoda.roper@gmail.com
He’ll sort your issue.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here