Author Topic: Incoming: Norge  (Read 5804 times)

Offline JeffOlson

• Gaggle Hero
Incoming: Norge
« on: February 10, 2015, 06:57:18 PM »
Ordered. Deposit paid. Shipping tomorrow: white 2014 Norge. ETA: 7-10 days. Excited!

Thruxton and ST2 are going to make room for the new girl.
2018 Vespa GTS 300
2016 Moto Guzzi Norge
2015 Vespa Sprint 150
2015 Vespa GTS 300

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Incoming: Norge
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 07:00:13 PM »
The white Norge is striking..  ;-T
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline GuzziPilot

• Gosling
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 07:17:47 PM »
Just be considerate how you introduce the new one to stable  ~;

And big congrats, buy a third key, and make sure to write your codes into the owners manual , and several other places for safe keeping.

Mines black, its faster because cuz it's harder to see  :bow.

I do wonder, if people slow down when they see a white Norge approaching???  :+=copcar. That makes it relatively faster  ;-T

Kudos to the new bike!!!!!

Lee
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 08:30:57 PM by GuzziPilot »
2012 GT8V Norge {The Faster Color}
2002 EV1100 - Vintage Red
Y2K Jackal {sold} - Red

Offline Seeker67

• New Egg
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 07:46:43 PM »
Congratulations!  You'll love it (if you don't already from the test ride).  I have a 2012 white one and they're an awesome ride.
2012 Norge (white)

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 07:46:43 PM »

Offline JeffOlson

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2015, 08:16:17 PM »
Thanks, everyone!

I should have been clearer: the Thruxton and the ST2 are going away to new homes. I need the room, and I think they would become lonely if they stayed.
2018 Vespa GTS 300
2016 Moto Guzzi Norge
2015 Vespa Sprint 150
2015 Vespa GTS 300

Offline Buckturgidson

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2015, 08:21:19 PM »
 Wow, great move, you will love your Norge, there is just something about them. Whatever that something is, it makes one want to ride the piss out of them for long periods of time. So comfortable at 85-90.
"It's not your job to be as confused as Nigel." -Spinal Tap.
"Wagner's music is better than it sounds." -Mark Twain

'86 Yamaha SRX-6
'07 Norge, Rosina, the classy one

56Pan

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2015, 09:07:08 PM »
You're going to like that machine.  Just turned 500 miles on my new 2012 and had put on the Agostini Y pipe and Mistral muffler.  Sounds like a motorcycle now and seems to pull some harder.  Just a pleasure to ride.

Offline bib

• New Egg
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2015, 12:24:20 AM »
Hmmm ... if you have my experience then you will begin to wonder "why have I NOT bought a Guzzi before?"
10,000 kms later I state on record - LOVE the Guzzi (2012 Norge) ... like many others have had a variety of machines - all fast enough and some just blindingly quick.
NONE have given me the simple pleasure of 'just riding along' with no expectations on 'how quick will it accelerate?" "how quick will it corner?" ...you get it .. a challenge to the rider to race others.
With the Norge I enjoy the journey -just as fast as the other bikes if need be taking into account real world roads and traffic-without the challenge. Its enjoyable sitting still at idle!
and the kicker - with its bags on and jugs protruding, its a beautiful 36-24-36 looking from above!

Thanks to the many Guzzi forums and the very knowledgeable helpful folks I say this: Do what they say after you receive the bike - don't just trust the dealer and ride.
these are the items I had to attend to:
Oil level overfull by at least 400ml
A few days after receiving bike oil pressure sensor blew causing red lamp and leaking oil (that was how i found out about the oil level!)
Oil in crankcase was Mineral oil (!) changed over to full Synth (mineral oil smells very different to full Synth so easy to check - also after a few hundred kays Mineral oil shows a 'darker colour' faster)
Some bolts were not firmly tightened - like the oil drain bolt on the gearbox.
take some time playing with suspension settings - I am 72 kgs and took awhile to find the right combination - may work better if you are heavier than that. ??? 

And after a few months with bike check out Pete Roper hints and his offer of a different map from his clever friend Beetle - I am on that map and the Norge is a muscular beast right from idle on a gentle throttle.
Ride
 ;-T

56Pan

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2015, 08:50:25 AM »
And to add to Bib's post about what to watch for: I had to take several of the fairings off for the exhaust sys. mods.  The bolt on the lower left fairing that goes into the oil sump was badly cross-threaded but I was able to clean up the hole with a tap.  One of the upper fairing allen head screws was forced so hard trying to align it with the hole that the screw was bent. One of the captive nut clips was broken. The fairing are fragile and be very careful of the tabs that insert into the adjacent fairing. I didn't break any as I'd seen several posts here about it. Somebody on that assembly line was in way too much of a hurry when the fairings on my machine were installed.
  And to hijack the thread, the Mistral muffler without the db killer installed is not objectionably loud, but the backfiring on decel. is.  That is bad loud.  I know that on some GM ECU's, the injectors are shutoff with the throttle closed.  On a '92 Olds Cutlass I had, the reasoning was that with the torque converter clutch engaged, this would help with engine braking.  Could this not be done with the Marelli ECU?  Say, after a half second of closed throttle, the ECU shuts off the injectors? It would have to decrease the backfiring. Or would it make the engine operation too jerky upon re-opening the throttle?  Just a thought, and any opinions from the more knowledgeable would be welcome.

Offline Gliderjohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2015, 08:51:31 AM »
As an owner of a 2011, you will love it! ;-T Watch your speed closely at first as it is easy to not realize how fast you are going. Also check fasteners in the body work, windscreen, the cap at the end of the muffler and the center stand. The first few hundred miles most of those required retightening. Only the muffler end cap required locktite.
GliderJohn
John Peters
East Mountains, NM

Offline nikwax

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2015, 10:53:54 AM »
congratulations! The area's Norge population has increased by 50%  :D

Yes, get the center stand bolts LocTited on.
2014 Ducati Multistrada GT
2011 Norge GT 8V "Otto Valvole" (gone after 32k miles)
2001 BMW R1150 GS (gone after 100,000 miles)

Offline JeffOlson

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2015, 03:59:39 PM »
Thanks, everyone!

I should probably take my tools with me when I go to pick up the Norge!
2018 Vespa GTS 300
2016 Moto Guzzi Norge
2015 Vespa Sprint 150
2015 Vespa GTS 300

Online bad Chad

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2015, 04:13:13 PM »
 8)  Kool Beans brother!  Your gonna love it!
2007 Breva 1100  Red Arrow (and faster than yours!)
2016 CSC 250TT Zongshen
2017 V9 Roamer

Offline toolittletime

• Gosling
    • mysportgear.com
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2015, 08:11:03 PM »

I like my white 12 better every time I ride it.
Tim
X-MSF Instructor
MGNOC 22710
12 Norge
2002 Cali EV
74 Eldorado

Offline fotoguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • vee git tooh soon oldt und too late wise -my Dad
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2015, 08:32:57 PM »
Thanks, everyone!

I should probably take my tools with me when I go to pick up the Norge!
That's funny!
White is Striking! send pics soon.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 08:34:13 PM by fotoguzzi »
MINNEAPOLIS, MN

Offline JeffOlson

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2015, 10:36:02 PM »
She's here! I picked her up yesterday, sans panniers (they must have taken another boat). Beautiful bike!

I've ridden only about 80 miles so far (15 of it in stop-and-go-not-even-first-gear traffic). I'm hoping to go on a 200-mile ride tomorrow with a bunch of MG fans who are meeting up at the dealership at 9 am...
2018 Vespa GTS 300
2016 Moto Guzzi Norge
2015 Vespa Sprint 150
2015 Vespa GTS 300

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here