Author Topic: NGC. But you could pull this behind a Guzzi!  (Read 1036 times)

Offline sidecarnutz

• Gaggle Mentor
NGC. But you could pull this behind a Guzzi!
« on: May 24, 2022, 10:13:05 AM »
Just brought this back from a local trucking depot.
Video of one in use: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZxLs1COJvw

And pick of it on a pallet. LOL "Some assembly required".

We owned a USA made Kwik Kamp pop up for about ten years. It was the only tent camping that my wife ever liked. The Leesurelite Excel is like an improved version of that. Hoping for a break in the weather soon to assemble it!
yeah, I might be addicted to brake fluid. But I can stop any time I want.

2002 Kawasaki ZR7S
2021 Royal Enfield 650 Conti GT

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
Re: NGC. But you could pull this behind a Guzzi!
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2022, 06:58:14 AM »
That's a nice little camper, Rich.. :thumb:
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline drdwb

• Gaggle Hero
    • backfeelsgreat.com
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2022, 08:23:11 AM »
We have used a Kwik Kamp since 2007, I really like being able to stand up to put on underware and my clothes in the mornings. The 2 problems with pulling it are. 1 we carry way to much stuff, and  2 really makes the gas mileage suck.
I hope you post a couple pictures of your new one when you get it assembled. Thanks
« Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 09:24:55 AM by drdwb »
07 Norge, 05 Baby Breva, 04 Stone  Touring , 03 EV, 82 650 Maxim 79 XS750 Special 78XS1100 Teraplane side car

Online jcctx

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2022, 11:05:50 AM »
What does it cost???

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2022, 11:05:50 AM »

Offline sidecarnutz

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2022, 08:32:39 PM »
Here it is assembled (Mostly) today. It weighs 300 #. Its the deluxe version with the garage and side awning with screens. There's even curtains inside over the screened windows.
Cost was $10,000 USD shipped to a trucking depot 15 minutes from us. Then I brought home that tall pallet of goodness on my little cargo trailer.

I had two friends here today to help get it down. That worked out just right. We unwrapped it and pulled all the tires and stuff off the belly of it. We all noted the packing for shipping was very well done. Bolted the tounge to it. Put two wheels on it. Rotated the pallet 90 degrees. Then we tipped it sideways and controlled it on the way to horizontal and rested the jack at the front on the ground aside the cargo trailer. Rear end of pallet was resting the edge of the cargo trailer. One of us got on each side of the box and lifted it the rest of it all the way off to the ground so it sat on it's wheels. Then we pulled the pallet and pallet bracket out of the back of the frame where it plugged in for shipping. Pic of it after opening.
I still need to attach a pair of plate brackets to put the cargo box on the front. And then hang the alloy cargo box under the rear of the main box. I'll do that tomorrow if the rain holds off.

I'm a retired upholsterer and welder and I am very impressed with the construction. Nice hot welds on the frame that look like stacked dimes. Looks like what my old Miller 220v MIG welder used to do for me. Powdercoat finish on the steel frame. Nice torsion bar axles with 5 bolt hubs. The canvas is really thoughtfully done with excellent hardware thru out. I couldn't have done better myself.

They are mailing the title of origin to me. I'll get that to DMV once it arrives and put a permanent plate on it. I have no idea why they didn't include it in the camper. I got the feeling they have most USA customers pick them up from a dealer in ND vice having them shipped individually like I had done. That would have been a 2500 mile round trip for me in my truck, so the $1000 shipping fee seemed reasonable by comparison.

This brought back many great memories of the ten years we owned an old 90's Kwik Kamp Kamper. The excel is like a improved and optimized version of that. Love that it is a hard shell on top. The soft tonneaus always suffer over the years and I built two tonneaus for the Kwik Kamp in the ten years we had it. The hard shell means you have a floor above ground level to stand in too. This is my retirement camper!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 08:39:18 PM by sidecarnutz »

2002 Kawasaki ZR7S

Offline sidecarnutz

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2022, 08:23:46 PM »
Here it is today. Got the large front trunk mounted on it. I made a 1/2" plywood plate to put under the fiberglass front trunk to better support it's bottom. Less flexing and cracking of the gel coat over time that way. Still need to wrap 3' of the harness the OEM didn't protect for some reason. Then mount the aluminum stowage box under it. Then it's ready to camp! Makes a slick and compact package!

2002 Kawasaki ZR7S

Offline sidecarnutz

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2022, 01:51:25 PM »
Woo hoo! Got the importers paperwork on it today. Next week I can go to DMV and get it taxed, titled and plated!

2002 Kawasaki ZR7S

Offline sidecarnutz

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2022, 05:57:54 PM »
Went to DMV this morning. The importer's paperwork was all good. Got my title and plate for it!
Did a test set up in the driveway before a storm ran us over. Luckily it sets up fast and comes down just as quick. Taking it to a Royal Enfield Rally this weekend. It's supposed to be rainy in the mountains Friday night and into Saturday. These campers are well known for their dry interiors. I'll test that!

2002 Kawasaki ZR7S

Offline sidecarnutz

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2022, 04:25:25 PM »
Home now from that Rally. Gearhead Junction and RENA did an awesome job there. I have never been fed so well at a rally! Here's a

pic of my Camper at the Eggleston Campground. We had the whole creek bank to ourselves all weekend!
That camp is in Pembroke Va. About an hour north of the VA Guzzi Rally at Willville.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2022, 04:27:01 PM by sidecarnutz »

2002 Kawasaki ZR7S

Online jcctx

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2022, 11:51:01 AM »
Neat camper but $10K+ seems more than a bit steep; (especially since "some assembly required" is a GROSS understatement) or maybe, it has been to long since I priced such thing???????
« Last Edit: June 15, 2022, 12:02:57 PM by jcctx »

Offline sidecarnutz

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2022, 03:33:01 PM »
Its a bit pricier than  USA made similar item. The exact price for taxation was $9800 USD.

BUT.... It is of a much more refined and easy to use design than all other small tent campers I have seen. The quality is there. If you want one cheap, there are cheaper ones. They are more of a pain to use and lack the nice touches this has.
For instance. If you like getting soaked by rain setting up your camper, get any other brand. With this one, you are set up and inside in one to two minutes. No kneeling required! My wife could afford it, so we got the best. Lucky me. I'm a trophy husband now. ;-)

2002 Kawasaki ZR7S

Online twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2022, 07:00:21 AM »
 :thumb:

Where I camp, air conditioning and a dehumidifier is a must when taking shelter from the afternoon thunderstorms.

That would be interesting for high altitude traveling, and motorcycle only campgrounds.

$10k can buy a lot of different things, but nothing that can be towed by a bike. 

I would opt to buy a 7x16 or 7x18 cargo trailer to build out for my retirement home away from home. 
2022 Moto Guzzi V85TT Guardia D'onore
2018 V7 III Carbon Dark #0009 of 1921
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200
2009 Harley Davidson Softail Custom

Offline sidecarnutz

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2022, 08:28:05 AM »
Actually these Excel II trailers are VERY popular to tow behind a bike.  Look it up on You Tube. That is their main customer base! 30# tounge weight and 300# full weight. That is well managed by many touring bikes. I knew a guy with a Guzzi Cali III who towed a Bunkhouse trailer for years behind his bike.

2002 Kawasaki ZR7S

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here