Author Topic: “The Mile” 2019  (Read 2466 times)

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
“The Mile” 2019
« on: January 30, 2019, 06:37:01 PM »
Put it on the calendar fellers, it’s a fun weekend!

ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Offline NewBoots

• New Egg
Re: “The Mile” 2019
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 06:50:29 PM »
I go to one of them every year. One on Memorial weekend, one on Labor day weekend. The best racing in the world.
Bucky :bow:   

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019, 07:49:31 PM »
We'll have to get together for a tankard of Springfield's finest ........whatever <shrug> STAG??

Offline guzzimatic

• Gosling
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2019, 10:08:30 AM »
I have been going to the Springfield Mile since I moved back from Tahoe in 1983,got to see Scotty Parker duel with Ricky Graham,Harley vs Honda and I was rooting for Ricky! One of the few good things about living in Havana,Illinois is it is in the heart of flattrack country,50 miles to Springfield and Peoria TT, 100 miles to Davenport Iowa vintage half mile,175 miles to DuQuoin Magic Mile! I believe I met you a year or two ago,I was on my white 1984 LeMans III and was about to have a heat stroke so I didn't stay to chat,sorry... I would like to make up for that and meet you for some Guzzi chat and proper refreshments! I have kind of an interesting collection of Euro-trash you might like to see! I am curious to see if they do the same thing to Indian as they did to Honda,change the rules so Harley win again. Honda said no thanks,took their bikes and championships and went home...
big Jim Walker bikes:'08 Norge,02'DR650,'84LeMans III,,'78 honda cb750k,'78 BMW R100S,'77 Ducati 860GT ES,'77honda XR75, '76 GUZZI convert,'75 850T cafe[project],'75 RD350 yamaha,'74 NORTON commando,'72 750 Norton flattrack replica,'72 250 Rickman-Montesa,'72 XL250 Honda Mosport[first bike

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2019, 10:08:30 AM »

Offline larrys

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2019, 10:42:07 AM »
Only been there once, but got to see Kenny Roberts manhandle the TZ750 powered bike around the track. Scary!!
Larry
'13 Monster 1100 EVO
'95 Cal 1100
'68 Bonneville

MGNOC 7248

twowings

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2019, 12:00:37 PM »
What's your preferred route from Duckburg?

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2019, 03:15:10 PM »
I have been going to the Springfield Mile since I moved back from Tahoe in 1983,got to see Scotty Parker duel with Ricky Graham,Harley vs Honda and I was rooting for Ricky! One of the few good things about living in Havana,Illinois is it is in the heart of flattrack country,50 miles to Springfield and Peoria TT, 100 miles to Davenport Iowa vintage half mile,175 miles to DuQuoin Magic Mile! I believe I met you a year or two ago,I was on my white 1984 LeMans III and was about to have a heat stroke so I didn't stay to chat,sorry... I would like to make up for that and meet you for some Guzzi chat and proper refreshments! I have kind of an interesting collection of Euro-trash you might like to see! I am curious to see if they do the same thing to Indian as they did to Honda,change the rules so Harley win again. Honda said no thanks,took their bikes and championships and went home...
[/quote

Yep, I remember you. We’lll have to get together! I’ll post again in May 👍

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2019, 03:19:36 PM »
What's your preferred route from Duckburg?

54 through L of O all the way to Louisiana, Mo. And cross the old Mississippi. Not a bad ride really. So are you thinking about joining us or writing a book??🤣

twowings

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2019, 03:49:32 PM »
I"m looking at my calendar...

Offline NewBoots

• New Egg
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2019, 07:26:49 PM »
Guzzistajohn……...Myself and a couple buddy's are going down to Fort Worth in late April, and from there to Chandler AZ. the next weekend. The old Guzzie going to get about 4k on that trip. Love those flat track races. If I see ya in Springfield I will buy the first Beer,
Bucky

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2019, 07:36:35 PM »
Guzzistajohn……...Myself and a couple buddy's are going down to Fort Worth in late April, and from there to Chandler AZ. the next weekend. The old Guzzie going to get about 4k on that trip. Love those flat track races. If I see ya in Springfield I will buy the first Beer,
Bucky
it's a deal Buck, I can tell you about a sweet deal on rooms @ the Abe Lincoln hotel and tickets if you're interested

Online JJ

• Gaggle Hero
  • Life is meant to ENJOY...not "endure."
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2019, 08:00:13 PM »
Also coming to Arizona! :cool: :thumb: :smiley:  We went last year at Turf Paradise in Phoenix...quite an event! :thumb: :cool:

Life Member: MGNOC L-772, AMA, HOG
'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Offline NewBoots

• New Egg
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2019, 08:01:58 PM »
Where is the Hotel? Whats the price?
Bucky

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2019, 06:34:18 AM »
Where is the Hotel? Whats the price?
Bucky

Call 217-632-0277 You get room, tickets, program and t shirts for two $190.00. We stay @ the Abe Lincoln hotel. It's a nice place, covered bike parking, fresh cookies, walking distance to bars & restaurants and a 10 minute ride to the track.

Most of the riders and teams stay there too.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 06:35:10 AM by Guzzistajohn »

Offline guzzimatic

• Gosling
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2019, 09:05:13 AM »
OK, I am a bit confused,Duckburg does that refer to Havana,Illinois being the home of the Ducks,school mascot,or am I just having a senior moment? LoL...
big Jim Walker bikes:'08 Norge,02'DR650,'84LeMans III,,'78 honda cb750k,'78 BMW R100S,'77 Ducati 860GT ES,'77honda XR75, '76 GUZZI convert,'75 850T cafe[project],'75 RD350 yamaha,'74 NORTON commando,'72 750 Norton flattrack replica,'72 250 Rickman-Montesa,'72 XL250 Honda Mosport[first bike

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2019, 09:29:24 AM »
OK, I am a bit confused,Duckburg does that refer to Havana,Illinois being the home of the Ducks,school mascot,or am I just having a senior moment? LoL...

I don't know how Chris comes up with duckburg?? He's referring to springfield, mo. Where I live.

twowings

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2019, 09:44:59 AM »
Ahem....I attended college in Springfield, MO WAY back in the early 70's...it was very small town then and the invasion of long-haired hippies attending school and looking for cheap, um, agricultural land was in stark contrast to the sturdy, overall-clad farmer folk and land barons such as John Q. Hammond who was responsible for demolishing much of the affordable student housing, cheap restaurants, and head shops around the University so he could fund erections to his legacy...the counter-culture came to refer to him and other button-down types as "Scrooge McDuck(s)" (a la the Disney comics) who of course inhabited the fictional town of Duckburg and naturally, the town of Springfield came to aquire the same sobriquet...clear as mud??  :cool:

Power to the people!

Fondly,
twowings

Offline NewBoots

• New Egg
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2019, 09:55:49 AM »
Thanks John, I will ck into that.
Bucky

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2019, 04:10:42 PM »
Ahem....I attended college in Springfield, MO WAY back in the early 70's...it was very small town then and the invasion of long-haired hippies attending school and looking for cheap, um, agricultural land was in stark contrast to the sturdy, overall-clad farmer folk and land barons such as John Q. Hammond who was responsible for demolishing much of the affordable student housing, cheap restaurants, and head shops around the University so he could fund erections to his legacy...the counter-culture came to refer to him and other button-down types as "Scrooge McDuck(s)" (a la the Disney comics) who of course inhabited the fictional town of Duckburg and naturally, the town of Springfield came to aquire the same sobriquet...clear as mud??  :cool:

Power to the people!

Fondly,
twowings
[/quote

The old Springfield joke is ..... did you hear John q hammons was buying the Kraft factory????      He’s changing the name to Hammon cheese 🧀 

Online bad Chad

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2019, 04:39:34 PM »
I’m putting it on my calendar, never been!
2007 Breva 1100  Red Arrow (and faster than yours!)
2016 CSC 250TT Zongshen
2017 V9 Roamer

twowings

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2019, 05:07:23 PM »

Power to the people!

Fondly,
twowings
[/quote

The old Springfield joke is ..... did you hear John q hammons was buying the Kraft factory????      He’s changing the name to Hammon cheese 🧀

LOL...that's a good one!  Snuck into the French's factory many times to fish in their stocked lake.... :evil:  I had a Springfield girlfriend who worked at the Kraft factory and she told me all about how they make Velveeta.... :rolleyes:

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2019, 05:07:52 PM »
I’m putting it on my calendar, never been!

I'll buy your 1st STAG at the track!

The Lincoln tomb is a must see while in Springfield.

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2019, 05:10:41 PM »
LOL...that's a good one!  Snuck into the French's factory many times to fish in their stocked lake.... :evil:  I had a Springfield girlfriend who worked at the Kraft factory and she told me all about how they make Velveeta.... :rolleyes:

Gigged many a bullfrog outa that pond!

Also had a friend that was a chemist at KRAFT, he had skills............. ......... :wink:

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here