Author Topic: Lemans IV seat cover - anyone tried these guys?  (Read 542 times)

Offline Bazil

• Hatchling
Lemans IV seat cover - anyone tried these guys?
« on: June 22, 2021, 02:38:31 AM »
So the original Lemans seat cover is starting to tear ( it probably has a few more years in it though, so I'm in no hurry).

I searched around to see if I could find a replacement cover, and the only thing I came up with was this : https://www.webrocketh.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=171358

It looks good ( but the colour would need to change) and the price is fair. The website doesn't read that well and the contact details are only an email address, which all screams "run away" to me.

Has anyone heard of this mob, or better yet, used them?

Yes, I could take it to an upholsterer, but if there is a ready made solution...

Any experience with these guys, anyone?

thanks

Bazil
1986 Lario ( long gone, still missed)
1985 Mark IV Lemans ( Gina)
1991 V40 Targa ( L'il Jeannie)
1962 Royal Enfield Crusader Sports

Offline guzziart

• Gaggle Mentor
Re: Lemans IV seat cover - anyone tried these guys?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2021, 06:56:42 AM »
FWIW, Corbin used to have a seat available for the LMIV's in various colors.  However, their seat was about 10 times the cost of the seat cover you're looking at.
'71 CB350, '72 Eldo, '72 CL350, '81 CB125s, '87 LMIVSE, '91 CT70, '03 V11 Lemans, '08 Wing  ('12 Wee Strom - R.I.P.)

Offline sidecarnutz

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2021, 10:11:22 AM »
This seat has very thin pan. Especially in the front lower area. It needs to be recovered in a thin stretchy cheap vinyl like the factory used. If you cover it in a quality 32 oz. marine vinyl, the tension needed at the front lower unsupported pan area will cause those corners of the pan to bulge outwards. That was my own experience with them when I ran my upholstery shop for 24 years. Not a easy seat to recover neatly. Many 90's Ducati's had pans like this too. The SPIII was the same way.
yeah, I might be addicted to brake fluid. But I can stop any time I want.

2002 Kawasaki ZR7S
2021 Royal Enfield 650 Conti GT

Offline Bazil

• Hatchling
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2021, 06:21:47 PM »
Thanks sidecar - useful comment. The existing vinyl is quite thin.

Never could understand why the seat pan has such a flimsy base - the Lario and my Targa have slightly similar if smaller covers, but the base must weigh twice as much as the Le mans.

Maybe it's just duct tape over the split until I want to stump up for a visit to the upholsterer.
1986 Lario ( long gone, still missed)
1985 Mark IV Lemans ( Gina)
1991 V40 Targa ( L'il Jeannie)
1962 Royal Enfield Crusader Sports

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2021, 06:21:47 PM »

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here