Author Topic: Loopframe sidestand / foorboard question  (Read 81 times)

Online bigbikerrick

• Gaggle Hero
  • 73 Eldo, 98 V 11 ,12 Ural Gear Up, 76 Convert,
  • Location: Southeastern corner of Arizona, right next to "Old Mexico, and New Mexico"
Loopframe sidestand / foorboard question
« on: April 22, 2024, 11:51:43 AM »
Hello Folks , I have a 73 civilian eldorado, that has the long Dan Brown "surfboard" floorboards that I like very much. The civilian kickstand I have never been impressed with. A friend gave me the bottom mount part ,and  a police sidestand, with about 2" of chrome crash bar left where the top was cut off. I would have to cut a civilian crash bar in the same spot, and have it welded to the police base, for It to work. My question is would the big police stand even fit/ work with the big  DB surfboards?  Will it fold up correctly, or would the boards be in the way?
  Im sure that if its possible, someone has seen one set up this way through the years?
Thanks,
Rick
"You meet the most interesting people on a Guzzi"

Online Antietam Classic Cycle

• Gaggle Hero
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
Re: Loopframe sidestand / foorboard question
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2024, 12:49:05 PM »
Yes, the police sidestand will work with the DB footboards. Since they don't have a sidestand stop/bumper on them like the original footboards do, you'll need to add one somehow.
Charlie

Online bigbikerrick

• Gaggle Hero
  • 73 Eldo, 98 V 11 ,12 Ural Gear Up, 76 Convert,
  • Location: Southeastern corner of Arizona, right next to "Old Mexico, and New Mexico"
Re: Loopframe sidestand / foorboard question
« Reply #2 on: Today at 11:07:52 AM »
Thank you Charlie. Thats what I was hoping.  I have been looking for a picture on the internet, and could never find one. Im pretty sure  can rig up something to serve as a stop for the sidestand, knowing that it will work. I need to get a crashbar that I can cut/sleeve and weld up.
It should be a fun project.
Thanks again,
Rick
"You meet the most interesting people on a Guzzi"

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here