Author Topic: V100 Mandello Merged Threadfest  (Read 112974 times)

Offline Mayor_of_BBQ

• Instagram: @Mayor_of_BBQ
  • Gaggle Hero
  • 'Ever thus to deadbeats, Lebowski'
Re: V100 Mandello Merged Threadfest
« Reply #630 on: July 27, 2022, 10:55:16 AM »
I havent seen a single test bike pic and the single media outlet ride report appeared less than 24hrs ago..  they teased the bike 11 months ago. great new developments, but your attitude is ponderous
Chad (Shadrach) in Asheville NC
1979 LeMans CX-100 (battle axe)
2007 Breva 1100 (Sport 1200 tribute)

Online bad Chad

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #631 on: July 27, 2022, 11:02:21 AM »
Chad, I have included two in this thread, one Italian, and the other is Cycle World. 

I’m not going to do your do diligence for you, but I’ll point you in the right direction, search mg v100 and you will find more.   
2007 Breva 1100  Red Arrow (and faster than yours!)
2016 CSC 250TT Zongshen
2017 V9 Roamer

Offline mojohand

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #632 on: July 27, 2022, 11:29:04 AM »
So: "[T]he mechanism for attaching the optional saddlebags by unlocking the pillion seat, sliding the bag’s posts into their slots, and then clicking the seat back down to lock the bag is super slick."

sounds unnecessarily complicated. What happens when you have camping gear strapped down on the pillion seat (like most of us do) and you want to take just the bags off?
Richmond, VA, USA
-----
2020 BMW R1250RS
-----
Previous: 2000 Jackal, 04 Breva 750, 06 Breva 1100, 07 Norge, 09 Griso, 12 Norge, 14 FJR, 14 Striple, 16 SpeedTriple, 18 KTM Super Adventure S

Offline Mayor_of_BBQ

• Instagram: @Mayor_of_BBQ
  • Gaggle Hero
  • 'Ever thus to deadbeats, Lebowski'
« Reply #633 on: July 27, 2022, 12:33:30 PM »
So: "[T]he mechanism for attaching the optional saddlebags by unlocking the pillion seat, sliding the bag’s posts into their slots, and then clicking the seat back down to lock the bag is super slick."

sounds unnecessarily complicated. What happens when you have camping gear strapped down on the pillion seat (like most of us do) and you want to take just the bags off?

<2% of the motorcycle buying public takes >1 moto camping trip per year... and if you need to take the bags off, wouldn't you have arrived at your destination and also need to take off your camping gear?

Sounds awesome to me, beats riding around with ugly bag mounts on your bike the 90% of the time you are riding without the bags installed at all!

Chad (Shadrach) in Asheville NC
1979 LeMans CX-100 (battle axe)
2007 Breva 1100 (Sport 1200 tribute)

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #633 on: July 27, 2022, 12:33:30 PM »

Offline PJPR01

• Gaggle Hero
  • Norge, Scura, Griso
« Reply #634 on: July 27, 2022, 01:15:50 PM »
Do I get bonus points if I crash the demo on a test ride…? (Hope I don’t put a scratch on my jacket…)  :sad: :bike-037:

We do expect several fotos of you on the bike in front of Guzzi's marble statue, and another one in Bellagio, one in Lecco, one in front of the red gate and a few more scattered around the lake!

You'll know who your true friends are if you dump the bike in front of the Guzzi faithful!!
 :thumb: :thumb:
Paul R
2021 Honda Goldwing Bagger Manual Cement Gray
2015 Red/Black Griso
2008 Silver Norge
2002 V11 Scura

Offline ridingron

• Gosling
« Reply #635 on: July 27, 2022, 09:40:41 PM »

...  as well as multiple dealers are saying they expect delivery to begin in October.   You better get over to your favorite dealer soon and put some cash down!

They better work through their vacation. 

I agree with Steve. If they're expecting delivery of any real number of bikes, they better not be making them in Italy. July is almost over (4 days). From every thing I've heard and seen, August is a write off for anything from Italy. It is a 4-5 week boat ride from Italy, so there goes September.  If they aren't made and lined up on the boat, it won't be October.

I rec'd an email a couple weeks ago from a BMW/Ducati dealer that if you needed anything Ducati related, better order it now. It's not just Guzzi.

Offline lucky phil

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #636 on: July 28, 2022, 01:19:27 AM »
I agree with Steve. If they're expecting delivery of any real number of bikes, they better not be making them in Italy. July is almost over (4 days). From every thing I've heard and seen, August is a write off for anything from Italy. It is a 4-5 week boat ride from Italy, so there goes September.  If they aren't made and lined up on the boat, it won't be October.

I rec'd an email a couple weeks ago from a BMW/Ducati dealer that if you needed anything Ducati related, better order it now. It's not just Guzzi.

The European manufacturers often use August for revamping/re tooling their closed down production lines for the next new model.

Phil
If you're not living on the edge you're taking up to much room.

Online bad Chad

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #637 on: July 28, 2022, 11:32:58 AM »
I don't doubt that, but I have no reason to doubt Jim Hamlin and other Guzzi dealers who are saying hopefully October.
2007 Breva 1100  Red Arrow (and faster than yours!)
2016 CSC 250TT Zongshen
2017 V9 Roamer

Offline ScepticalScotty

• Gaggle Hero
  • Banjo pickin' bagpipe playin' fool
    • South East Massive
« Reply #638 on: July 28, 2022, 12:31:24 PM »
Well after that test report I have veered back from getting a V7 850 Stone to wanting a V100 again. I suppose it all comes down to money, and what they feel like to ride. I am sure I will really enjoy riding both.

In the meantime, its 2004 Breva 750 all the way!  :grin:
Scotty

My country is the world, and my religion is to do good.
Thomas Paine

Offline Turin

• Gaggle Hero
    • crap and stuff
« Reply #639 on: July 28, 2022, 01:10:58 PM »
« Last Edit: July 28, 2022, 01:11:54 PM by Turin »
1997 Daytona RS
1991 Rennsport California III
1991 LeMans 1000
1987 LeMans SE Dave's Cycle Racer
1984 LeMans III
1985 Sidlow Guzzi
1974 850-T Sport
1969 A-series Ambassador
1996 Triumph Daytona 1200
1996 Triumph Daytona 900
1982 Alfa Romeo GTV6 Balocco SE 3.0

Offline Moparnut72

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #640 on: July 28, 2022, 02:35:15 PM »
I am getting a bit tired of all the negativity. We have been screaming for something new from MG and here it is. It isn't quite what I would have liked but it is close enough to maybe entise me into something I wasn't planning on. I am getting near the end of my riding days due to age and probably won't be buying any new bikes. Also for once I think MG is ahead of the curve. After all the Adventure Bike hoopla I believe the next trend in motorcycling is a return to sport tourers. I am probably wrong but we shall see.
kk
Mopar or Nocar
2023 V100 Marina
2019 V7lll Special
MGNOC #24053
Amiga computer shop owner: "Americans are great consumers but terrible shoppers".

Offline lucky phil

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #641 on: July 28, 2022, 05:42:07 PM »
I am getting a bit tired of all the negativity. We have been screaming for something new from MG and here it is. It isn't quite what I would have liked but it is close enough to maybe entise me into something I wasn't planning on. I am getting near the end of my riding days due to age and probably won't be buying any new bikes. Also for once I think MG is ahead of the curve. After all the Adventure Bike hoopla I believe the next trend in motorcycling is a return to sport tourers. I am probably wrong but we shall see.
kk

And I get tired of all the "marketing smoke and mirrors" and peoples total lack of the grasp of the important "details" on new products especially the engineering details these days. A herd of hapless water buffalo stampeding over a cliff to buy/ fall in love with the "latest and greatest" without serious consideration of anything except images and what suspect motoring "journalists" and "influencers" get paid in one form or another to tell them. I like the new Guzzi and MAY even buy one after the "Lemmings" that must "have it first" complete the R&D for me but I think in this world these days there needs to be people that provide a counterpoint and some rational reasoning to challenge the "marketing hype" that's always associated with anything new and unproven.

Phil     

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #642 on: July 28, 2022, 06:01:42 PM »
And I get tired of all the "marketing smoke and mirrors" and peoples total lack of the grasp of the important "details" on new products especially the engineering details these days. A herd of hapless water buffalo stampeding over a cliff to buy/ fall in love with the "latest and greatest" without serious consideration of anything except images and what suspect motoring "journalists" and "influencers" get paid in one form or another to tell them. I like the new Guzzi and MAY even buy one after the "Lemmings" that must "have it first" complete the R&D for me but I think in this world these days there needs to be people that provide a counterpoint and some rational reasoning to challenge the "marketing hype" that's always associated with anything new and unproven.

Phil   
Well Phil..
It’s just as well for you that those “lemmings” that you refer to derisively are prepared to go out and close their mouths and open their wallets because if they did not, Guzzi would not sell unit #1.
Also did you stop to think that they might have just become a bit excited over something..?
Sometimes I think you’d make a good wife…(Just can’t stand to see a guy enjoy himself…).
All this stuff is what was trotted out by the influencers on the forum when the V85 was first mooted and we ALL know how that ended…

Offline elrealistico

• Hatchling
« Reply #643 on: July 28, 2022, 06:19:55 PM »
Eh. Things happen slowly, then all of a sudden. I will be happy to see the new machines come out in the fall (for us northerners) probably. There's always a cohort that wants the Next New Shiny thing. And that's cool.  It will probably be a large pile of simoleons to buy one of the first run or two, and then there's the inevitable changes/mods and then additional colors/trim/options that will come in the next few years. I am in no hurry, I haven't time enough to ride my V7III as much as i'd like as it is.  Good luck to whoever's put some moolah down to hold one.
Maybe the forum should have a pool for whoever is the first user to get their new machine and ride it????
2018 V7III Special
1978 T140V Bonneville
2004 EV Touring

Offline lucky phil

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #644 on: July 28, 2022, 06:32:47 PM »
Well Phil..
It’s just as well for you that those “lemmings” that you refer to derisively are prepared to go out and close their mouths and open their wallets because if they did not, Guzzi would not sell unit #1.
Also did you stop to think that they might have just become a bit excited over something..?
Sometimes I think you’d make a good wife…(Just can’t stand to see a guy enjoy himself…).
All this stuff is what was trotted out by the influencers on the forum when the V85 was first mooted and we ALL know how that ended…

Huzo let me tell you. Until I can down load the shop manual and read through it and see the engineering details I'll leave the "excitement" to the Lemmings and in some sense be grateful to them. If the general public got a little less "excited" about stuff and a lot more discerning then manufacturers might just get their act together a bit more with the quality. I've been exposed to the motorcycling and automotive engineering "back room" far more than most here and it has coloured my perspective a good deal.

Phil 
« Last Edit: July 28, 2022, 06:33:06 PM by lucky phil »

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #645 on: July 28, 2022, 07:15:51 PM »
Huzo let me tell you. Until I can down load the shop manual and read through it and see the engineering details I'll leave the "excitement" to the Lemmings and in some sense be grateful to them. If the general public got a little less "excited" about stuff and a lot more discerning then manufacturers might just get their act together a bit more with the quality. I've been exposed to the motorcycling and automotive engineering "back room" far more than most here and it has coloured my perspective a good deal.

Phil
Phillip…
There’s more to bikes than the sum of their parts and I’ll put it to you that you don’t necessarily know what “most here” have been exposed to.
All what you say can be taken on board or thrown away, but to refer to potential buyers as “lemmings”, is suggesting that they will blindly follow each other up to and over the clif, the implication being that they do not have the life skills to make decisions for themselves but fortunately, you do.
You are undervaluing their level of discernment just for the sake of a cheap swipe.
 None of us have bikes because they are “good value” or “sensible”, we do it because they make us feel good and fulfill our existence to a more or less degree.
How many guys go all gooey in the nether regions over Ambassadors, Vincents, Falcone’s and the like, when they are demonstrably outdated, under powered, under suspended, under braked, over valued pieces of old garbage when viewed by such luminaries as yourself, well versed in “engineering details” as you so glibly state.
By your stance, if they were produced today, you’d be better off on a Cyclops trike….(possibly so).
Believe it or not Phil, there are people here that read posts by guys of your level and feel less inclined to offer their thoughts for fear of having a crucible of vitriol visited upon them…(it used to be worse… :wink:)
By all means have your opinion, there are those who usually value it and I’m one of them, but please don’t use your profile to downgrade well meaning participants.
BTW…
Did you see your namesake Lucky Phil on the Hey Hey it’s Saturday re run the other night ?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2022, 07:30:59 PM by Huzo »

Offline vintage53

• Gosling
« Reply #646 on: July 28, 2022, 09:12:11 PM »
Attention

CYCLE WORLD evaluates the >>> V100 FIRST RIDE, 

Nice Write-up, and You Tube Video!
1977 Lemans 1.2 "Project"
2004 V11 Coppa Italia
2010 California Vintage
2021 Vespa 75th Anniversary Primavera 150

Online blu guzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • Loves to ride
« Reply #647 on: July 28, 2022, 09:31:42 PM »
Some of us are just glad to have something new to look forward to.  If we had not had a pandemic and then the supply shortages, it probably would have been here by now.  Also, with the aid of Piaggio and Apprilia engeneering, I am pretty sure that this is not a huge reach for Moto Guzzi.  It's a 1000cc engine that makes appx. 115 HP which probably means that there is nothing cutting edge going on inside of the engine case. 
I was a lemming that bought V85 number 53 and it now has 21,600 miles and has been back to the shop for nothing.  I bought it because it was and is a very impressive machine to ride and will admit to a small bit of fun in having something so new.  I ask you, is that really so bad?
We should all take the new bike at the pace we are comfortable with.
Blue Guzz

Offline jrt

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #648 on: July 28, 2022, 09:57:08 PM »
Some of us are just glad to have something new to look forward to.  If we had not had a pandemic and then the supply shortages, it probably would have been here by now.  Also, with the aid of Piaggio and Apprilia engeneering, I am pretty sure that this is not a huge reach for Moto Guzzi.  It's a 1000cc engine that makes appx. 115 HP which probably means that there is nothing cutting edge going on inside of the engine case. 
I was a lemming that bought V85 number 53 and it now has 21,600 miles and has been back to the shop for nothing.  I bought it because it was and is a very impressive machine to ride and will admit to a small bit of fun in having something so new.  I ask you, is that really so bad?
We should all take the new bike at the pace we are comfortable with.
:thumb:
This seems altogether too reasonable.  Could you throw in something about tires, or oil? :evil:
L-720
1973 Eldorado
2003 Yardbird (1100 hydro)
2020 R1250RS

Offline lucky phil

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #649 on: July 29, 2022, 12:24:48 AM »
Phillip
There’s more to bikes than the sum of their parts and I’ll put it to you that you don’t necessarily know what “most here” have been exposed to.
All what you say can be taken on board or thrown away, but to refer to potential buyers as “lemmings”, is suggesting that they will blindly follow each other up to and over the clif, the implication being that they do not have the life skills to make decisions for themselves but fortunately, you do.
You are undervaluing their level of discernment just for the sake of a cheap swipe.
 None of us have bikes because they are “good value” or “sensible”, we do it because they make us feel good and fulfill our existence to a more or less degree.
How many guys go all gooey in the nether regions over Ambassadors, Vincents, Falcone’s and the like, when they are demonstrably outdated, under powered, under suspended, under braked, over valued pieces of old garbage when viewed by such luminaries as yourself, well versed in “engineering details” as you so glibly state.
By your stance, if they were produced today, you’d be better off on a Cyclops trike….(possibly so).
Believe it or not Phil, there are people here that read posts by guys of your level and feel less inclined to offer their thoughts for fear of having a crucible of vitriol visited upon them…(it used to be worse… :wink:)
By all means have your opinion, there are those who usually value it and I’m one of them, but please don’t use your profile to downgrade well meaning participants.
BTW…
Did you see your namesake Lucky Phil on the Hey Hey it’s Saturday re run the other night ?
Huzo, it's one "L" and no I didn't.

Phil

Offline nc43bsa

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #650 on: July 29, 2022, 12:49:46 AM »
I haven't read the entire thread, but has anyone determined whether the clutch can be serviced without removing the frame from the engine unit or the transmission from the bike?  To me, it kinda looks like it can.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2022, 12:51:04 AM by nc43bsa »
1990 MilleGT

Offline Murray

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #651 on: July 29, 2022, 02:20:07 AM »
It's brief but around here https://youtu.be/GlYtXZ5qBeQ?t=292 they have some footage of the bags going on. CC on auto translate (Motorad video likely done at the same time as cycle world from the footage).

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #652 on: July 29, 2022, 03:46:40 AM »
I haven't read the entire thread, but has anyone determined whether the clutch can be serviced without removing the frame from the engine unit or the transmission from the bike?  To me, it kinda looks like it can.
Roper thinks so.

Offline pebra

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #653 on: July 29, 2022, 05:31:40 AM »

😃😁  :laugh: :grin:

Hey, I'll steal that expression!

Guzzi HTMoto Roadster "Verdina"
2009 Griso 8V "Weißgerät"
Norge-man - introduction #ca 198 shown Guzzi #195

Offline Dimitri_Harkov

• Hatchling
« Reply #654 on: July 29, 2022, 08:38:38 AM »
Ah well... the data still looks tempting (weight still missing though?)... but the bike also still looks like... well... every other bike nowadays (apart from the engine maybe).
Plastic insect with un-necessary gimmicks.

But I guess they will put that engine in quite a few different bikes in the future, some of them pleasing to my eye as well for sure.

Cheers,
D.
2020 V7 III Stone Night Pack

Offline vintage53

• Gosling
1977 Lemans 1.2 "Project"
2004 V11 Coppa Italia
2010 California Vintage
2021 Vespa 75th Anniversary Primavera 150

Online Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #656 on: July 29, 2022, 09:09:54 AM »
Ah well... the data still looks tempting (weight still missing though?)... but the bike also still looks like... well... every other bike nowadays (apart from the engine maybe).
Plastic insect with un-necessary gimmicks.

But I guess they will put that engine in quite a few different bikes in the future, some of them pleasing to my eye as well for sure.

Cheers,
D.
I agree. Until they put that motor in a true touring cruiser with a real fairing that will actually protect the rider from the elements, with Bluetooth capabilities, floorboards  and matching color removable luggage and top case.   
Until then y’all don’t have to add to your stress worrying about being one short because of me, when and IF they get here🤔😂👍
« Last Edit: July 29, 2022, 09:11:37 AM by Ncdan »

Offline coast range rider

• Hatchling
« Reply #657 on: July 29, 2022, 09:38:35 AM »
Ah well... the data still looks tempting (weight still missing though?)...
The Mottorad video gave the curb weight as 233 kg., or 512.6 pounds.
2017 Stelvio
2002 V11 LeMans

Offline Dimitri_Harkov

• Hatchling
« Reply #658 on: July 29, 2022, 09:47:19 AM »
Oh really? That's actually not that bad. Thx!

Cheers,
D.
2020 V7 III Stone Night Pack

Offline PJPR01

• Gaggle Hero
  • Norge, Scura, Griso
« Reply #659 on: July 29, 2022, 10:50:11 AM »
Predicted distribution of the volume of sales of the new V100 by age group:

20-30:  30%
30-40:  30%
40-50:  20%
50-60:  19%
+60:      1%

:thumb: :thumb:

Paul R
2021 Honda Goldwing Bagger Manual Cement Gray
2015 Red/Black Griso
2008 Silver Norge
2002 V11 Scura

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here