Author Topic: Nuovo Falcone ... For Sale  (Read 482 times)

Offline SLDMRossi

• Gaggle Hero

Online pehayes

• Gaggle Hero
    • Falcone Touring
Re: Nuovo Falcone ... For Sale
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2022, 05:55:50 PM »
This is a 1975 at best.  Thus, 47 years old.  He posts the tires are original as if that is some sort of asset benefit.  I'd be afraid to roll it for fear it would fall over on me.

Patrick Hayes
Fremont CA

Offline Canuck750

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2022, 04:25:46 AM »
That’s been for sale in Canada for years! I have a friend who is related to the seller. Owner’s father brought the bike from Italy. Seller found an appraisal that valued the bike at $15K, I tried several times to tell him the appraiser confused the bike with a Falcone. Nice bike but worth half what he is asking. Can’t convince the seller on what the value is. Four years ago he was asking $15K.
48 Guzzi Airone, 57 Guzzi Cardellino, 65 Benelli 200 sprite, 66 Aermacchi Sprint, 68 Gilera 106 SS, 72 Eldorado, 72 Benelli 180, 74 Guzzi 750S, 73 Laverda SF1, 74  Benelli 650S, 75 Ducati 860GT, 75 Moto Morini 3-1/2, 78 Moto Morinii 500

Offline Furbo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2022, 01:49:04 PM »

This is a 1975 at best.  Thus, 47 years old.  He posts the tires are original as if that is some sort of asset benefit.  I'd be afraid to roll it for fear it would fall over on me.

Patrick Hayes
Fremont CA

Yeah - what Pat said. It's rare - a Modelo Civile, Civilian Model...with the original pipe. But is a later model when the factory was phasing them out. Hardly one of a kind', as I have one sitting in the garage 20' from me as I type, but mine is a '72 with Borrani Aluminum rims. 12K on original tires....um....no.

It's a pleasant machine, well suited to C grade italian roads. Commuted on mine daily for a couple yrs in Pisa in the early 2's. The compression ratio is something like 6.5/1 and if you drink enough Grappa you could just pee in the tank and it would prolly run fine.... The Civile has several things most ex 'militare' models do not: a crude electric start - blip the thrittle a couple times, engage the compression release, press button, slowly close the compression release, a Tachometor - utterly uneeded, and an accel pump in the carbie like the Eldo/GT850 has. They handle beautifully...but are slow. Top speed is a bit over 60mph and if you have a long down hill and you go full Rollie Free, you MAY top 70.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 01:58:43 PM by Furbo »
Killeen, TX
'96 Sport 1100
'72 N. Falcone
'72 Eldo

Eccl 9:9,10

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2022, 01:49:04 PM »

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here