Author Topic: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !  (Read 1033856 times)

Offline Bad Karma

• New Egg
Re: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !
« Reply #2520 on: November 15, 2017, 12:14:18 PM »
Hello group,

I'm Steve, no last name, no middle initial... 62 years old, I design and sell irrigation systems. I'm married, father of two, grandfather 4X and a great grandfather once ( :shocked:) I've ridden since the mid 60's and never owned a Moto Guzzi but I think that will change soon. I had thought to ride my Ulysses until it dies and then make the jump but honestly I don't want to watch it die... Thinking I may let it go while we're still on good terms. (I LOVE that Uly!) I hope I love a Norge as well!

Steve

Offline tetarabra

• New Egg
« Reply #2521 on: November 16, 2017, 02:12:47 PM »
Wrote a few words on the forum a few days ago. Discovered it was my firt post when I was sure to have been through presentation...    So here I am .
60 years old,french, retired, 2 children . Very pleased to see a real and deep love for old and lovely gooses over there.
Happy owner of a 1971 V7 Special since 1983 and presently doing a total overhaul on a 1972 850 GT.
Other bikes in the stable are 1980 Ducati SS black and gold ,1991 GS BMW and a 2006 "motorbike on 4 wheels" Caterham.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 02:16:29 PM by tetarabra »

oldbike54

« Reply #2522 on: November 18, 2017, 08:36:09 AM »
Wrote a few words on the forum a few days ago. Discovered it was my firt post when I was sure to have been through presentation...    So here I am .
60 years old,french, retired, 2 children . Very pleased to see a real and deep love for old and lovely gooses over there.
Happy owner of a 1971 V7 Special since 1983 and presently doing a total overhaul on a 1972 850 GT.
Other bikes in the stable are 1980 Ducati SS black and gold ,1991 GS BMW and a 2006 "motorbike on 4 wheels" Caterham.

Would that be a Caterham 7 ? Very nice .

Dusty

Offline tetarabra

• New Egg
« Reply #2523 on: November 18, 2017, 02:45:26 PM »
You are right Dusty, Caterham superseven . So much fun and pleasure on twisty roads . Only negative point , the more you enjoy it , the less your bikes feel the breeze outside the garage.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #2523 on: November 18, 2017, 02:45:26 PM »

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2524 on: November 19, 2017, 07:03:02 AM »
You are right Dusty, Caterham superseven . So much fun and pleasure on twisty roads . Only negative point , the more you enjoy it , the less your bikes feel the breeze outside the garage.

I wanted one of those some kind of bad ... still do, but realize that it is not to be.

My ... self .... won't fit between the door and the transmission tunnel.

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline tetarabra

• New Egg
« Reply #2525 on: November 19, 2017, 03:55:55 PM »
There are 2 chassis.The narrow and original one, the S3 and a larger one , the SV .
You should try one and you could be very surprised by the available room when installed behind the wheel.
Have a look on the british Lotus Seven club forum (blatchat) . Plenty informations.

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2526 on: November 19, 2017, 05:26:37 PM »
There are 2 chassis.The narrow and original one, the S3 and a larger one , the SV .
You should try one and you could be very surprised by the available room when installed behind the wheel.
Have a look on the british Lotus Seven club forum (blatchat) . Plenty informations.

Thanks!   I hadn't realized there was a difference.   Too late for right now, though, I spent my car money on a Morgan 4/4 instead ....

Lannis

Offline btelesz

• New Egg
Introduce yourself to the group ! NEW MEMBER / DEALER
« Reply #2527 on: November 20, 2017, 10:10:21 AM »
Just wanted to let everyone know that we have joined the the group and look forward to hearing from everyone here.
We are WIDE WORLD POWERSPORTS out of Wayne, NJ and we are New Jersey's Moto Guzzi Headquarters !
We currently have over 30 Moto Guzzi motorcycles in stock as well as a factory trained Moto Guzzi mechanic on staff who is ready to help out with any problems or maintenance needs you may have.
We have recently taken in a large number of Demo, magazine and display motorcycles. These bikes have  varying mileage and have all been run through our shop and inspected prior to being offered to sale at substantial savings. We have 2016 and 2017 models in stock including V7II's, V7III's, V9's, Audace's, California Touring, El Dorado, Stelvio models. We also have a limited number of RACER, ANNIVERSARY & STORNELLO models available for sale.

If you are as excited about this as we are stop by or give us a call. We want to be your Moto Guzzi Dealer.
WIDE WORLD POWERSPORTS  665 Rt. 23 South  Wayne, NJ  07470
973-832-7744 or visit us on Facebook at Wide World Powersports-Different horse customs or @Wideworldpowersports on Instagram

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2528 on: November 20, 2017, 11:24:05 AM »
I use to work and live in West Orange.
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline btelesz

• New Egg
« Reply #2529 on: November 21, 2017, 08:34:26 AM »
Just wanted to let everyone know that we have joined the the group and look forward to hearing from everyone here.
We are WIDE WORLD POWERSPORTS out of Wayne, NJ and we are New Jersey's Moto Guzzi Headquarters !
We currently have over 30 Moto Guzzi motorcycles in stock as well as a factory trained Moto Guzzi mechanic on staff who is ready to help out with any problems or maintenance needs you may have.

We have recently taken in a large number of Demo, magazine and display motorcycles. These bikes have  varying mileage and have all been run through our shop and inspected prior to being offered to sale at substantial savings. We have 2016 and 2017 models in stock including V7II's, V7III's, V9's, Audace's, California Touring, El Dorado, Stelvio models. We also have a limited number of RACER, ANNIVERSARY & STORNELLO models available for sale.

If you are as excited about this as we are stop by or give us a call. We want to be your Moto Guzzi Dealer.
WIDE WORLD POWERSPORTS  665 Rt. 23 South  Wayne, NJ  07470
973-832-7744 or visit us on Facebook at Wide World Powersports-Different horse customs or @Wideworldpowersports on Instagram

Offline tetarabra

• New Egg
« Reply #2530 on: November 21, 2017, 01:34:30 PM »
Thanks!   I hadn't realized there was a difference.   Too late for right now, though, I spent my car money on a Morgan 4/4 instead ....

Lannis
@Lannis
A tastefull way of spending some money  :thumb:

Offline btelesz

• New Egg
« Reply #2531 on: November 22, 2017, 02:30:08 PM »
Good Day Everyone,

Here is a shot of a Stelvio we currently have at the dealership.
We are New Jersey's Moto Guzzi Headquarters and we want everyone who loves Guzzi's as much as we do to stop by and visit our showroom and see all the amazing motorcycles we have on hand.

Also, We just received a shipment of STORNELLO's ! If you or anyone you know is interested feel free to stop by or call. Great Prices, Great Service .... That's what we pride ourselves on.

WIDE WORLD POWERSPORTS   WAYNE NJ.  973-832-7744

private image sharing

« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 02:31:51 PM by btelesz »

Offline Bobbilljim

• Gosling
  • Eternal Student
« Reply #2532 on: November 25, 2017, 12:02:01 AM »
Robert James
Aircraft Mechanic
Phoenix AZ
Rob

"There's Guzzi Cheap, then there's Stupid cheap" - Fotoguzzi

1984 California II

Offline Dragonknee

• New Egg
« Reply #2533 on: November 26, 2017, 11:18:54 AM »
Jim Bolton
Olympic Peninsula, Wa.
Hospital RX
I like long rides on the beach and cooking over a roasting pipe. My interests are Motorcycles,Stereo's and food...and watching motorcycle stuff on the web.

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2534 on: November 26, 2017, 02:15:32 PM »
Jim Bolton
Olympic Peninsula, Wa.
Hospital RX
I like long rides on the beach and cooking over a roasting pipe....

That's a new one on me, and Google isn't much help.   We got a LOT of people interested in cooking, especially the outdoor and fire variety. 

We could use a tutorial and maybe a pic or two!

Lannis

Offline Garry

• New Egg
« Reply #2535 on: November 30, 2017, 05:38:17 PM »
Garry Lill

Retired

Caves Beach, NSW, Australia

2012 Norge GT8V   Black

Offline StelvioRob

• New Egg
« Reply #2536 on: December 08, 2017, 01:33:59 PM »
Hello.  Rob Johnston, Novi Michigan.  2015 Moto Guzzi Stelvio NTX 1200. 

Offline 73viking

• New Egg
« Reply #2537 on: December 10, 2017, 08:48:42 PM »
hello billy here rochester ny I do boat repair for a living.I have 1999 bassa hack and a 1984 cali 2 cafe bike project 2 BMWs one triumph and a suzuki cavalcade
1999 bassa 1984 cali 2002 bmw1200LT 2004 bmw1150rtp 1995 triumph 900 sprint 1984 suzuki cavalcade 2001 HD road king

Offline ecsjr

• New Egg
« Reply #2538 on: December 23, 2017, 05:36:37 PM »
Just joined,  Ed from Chicagoland. 

Have been riding for over 37 years, just bought first Guzzi...a 1973 Eldorado.

I am sure I will be asking questions.  Thanks in advance for the help.

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2539 on: December 24, 2017, 01:25:18 PM »
Merry Christmas! und welkommen der Moto Guzzi gruppe.  Remember on your bike that the drum brakes suck.  Engine braking is your friend.   :thumb: 
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline ecsjr

• New Egg
« Reply #2540 on: December 27, 2017, 03:21:54 PM »
Merry Christmas! und welkommen der Moto Guzzi gruppe.  Remember on your bike that the drum brakes suck.  Engine braking is your friend.   :thumb:

Yes,  thanks for the advice.   I know already, I rode it after washing it !   :shocked:

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2541 on: December 27, 2017, 03:26:25 PM »
Yeah....the drum brakes, slow you down just before impact.   :grin:

Offline Bucky

• New Egg
« Reply #2542 on: December 28, 2017, 08:54:10 AM »
Yeah....the drum brakes, slow you down just before impact.   :grin:

Now that's funny! I am gonna use that one...

1973 Eldorado

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2543 on: December 28, 2017, 11:47:06 AM »
It's amazing how the drive train is more advanced than the braking.   :tongue:  Panic stops are fun especially when the brake fade.  :shocked: :shocked:

Offline Paul Brooking

• Gosling
« Reply #2544 on: January 01, 2018, 02:35:42 AM »
Paul Brooking, Adelaide South Australia
2012 Stelvio NTX
Returning to riding after 30 odd years
Previously,
LeMans (1980?)
Honda CX500 loved it
Yamaha 425IT
Yamaha TT500
Kawasaki Z1R
Bultaco Sherpa
Honda CR250 Elsinore
Yamaha RD400

Only two I miss are the LeMans and the CX500, once I fitted it out with a fork brace, RD400 brakes and after market shock absorbers. Indestructible machine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline marewil

• New Egg
« Reply #2545 on: January 01, 2018, 11:12:30 AM »
Hello, I have been riding my Jackal now for over 10 years so I thought it was about time I register with Wildgoose.  I live in Oregon and am a member of the Owners Club here in the State.  One of the greatest group of men and women I have ever found.  Safe riding.

Marewil

Offline scagliog

• New Egg
« Reply #2546 on: January 03, 2018, 03:39:40 PM »
Hello,

Giuseppe from Sacramento California -1968 kid, software engineer by trade.

Just got my first Guzzi V7III Stone --black. Absolutely in love with the bike. I am just getting back into biking ... after growing up on Vespas, Cagivas and Suzuki DR650 in the streets of Rome and Naples .. 
I am sure I will have a lot of questions.

Ciao!
Giuseppe

Offline seventy1

• New Egg
« Reply #2547 on: January 04, 2018, 02:53:18 PM »
Hello all and Happy New Year!  I'm Fritz, a 58 yr old engineer living in Plymouth, MI with my wife, three kids and three dogs.  I recently acquired my first Moto Guzzi, a '74 850T that hasn't run in who knows how long.  I've had several old bikes over the years and enjoy learning about their particular idiosyncrasies, of which the Guzzi appears to have aplenty.  The most interesting so far is that it can't be used until the visually fine chrome bore cylinders are replaced with Nikasil jugs, new pistons, rings, etc..  Wait, I just exceeded the bikes value!  Oh well, I'm sure it will be worth the trip.  Where else can you find so much character on two wheels?  :boozing:

Offline milleGT

• New Egg
« Reply #2548 on: January 05, 2018, 11:24:12 AM »
Hey, I´m Harald a 26yr old electromechanical engineer. I´ve restored a 1976 850 t3 california, I mostly drive a heavily modified mille GT and I take care of my dads V11 sport, V10 centauro, stelvio 8v ntx & california evolution.
I´ve found this place because I´m trouble shooting some problems in the stelvio and couldn´t wrap my head arround how to use tunerpro.

Offline nwryder

• New Egg
Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !
« Reply #2549 on: January 07, 2018, 12:18:41 AM »
Hello I’m Ray from Washington State. Just traded in my Tenere on Griso.  Love the character of the MG.  Like the forum. Good source for info. Take care. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 12:19:47 AM by nwryder »

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here