Author Topic: Did you repair or ride your bike today?  (Read 4320 times)

Offline Mr Pootle

• Gaggle Mentor
Re: Did you repair or ride your bike today?
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2017, 07:45:36 AM »
I had a nice 35 mile ride today which ended with an unusual accident, leaving me sat here with a strained back.
I fitted a pair of LSL Clubman mirrors to the V7ll a couple of weeks ago. I got home this morning, lowered the side stand and went to get off of the bike. The mirror went up under the flap of my pocket, and as I swung my leg over I became caught. My momentum carried my over, and led to the back strain.
So now I was on two feet, but with my left side caught, and my back twisted. I hadn’t a clue what the problem was. I still had my helmet and gloves on, so my senses of sight and touch were somewhat hampered.
I got my gloves off, and after a bit of exploration managed to free myself without damaging either the mirror or the jacket. Just my back, and my pride.

Offline Idontwantapickle

• Gaggle Hero
  • The rotation of the earth really makes my day.
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2017, 11:19:47 AM »
Repaired the KLR. Rode the Guzzi. Went to fetch the Indian, but the shop effed up the new gasket AGAIN, so I had to leave it there. Wasted two hour trip each day.

The biggest problem with buying new is not the price (tho you do take a substantial hit), but the warranty. Soon's you have an effin warranty you feel obliged to take your problems to the effin shop where these muthereffin pros take for effin ever just to eff up the job. Much better to buy used and just take a beer out of the garage fridge, put the game on, light a cigar, and grab some wrenches.

Preach it brother!  I hate being a warranty slave!
My bikes received no love this weekend but they did sit by and watch as I replaced a radiator in a Saturn. I hope they were amused.

Hunter
There is no end to what we can do together.
Sir James Paul McCartney

AMA Charter Life Member

72 Eldo
85 LeMans 1000 Loud, Fast and Red
2007 Norge rivestimento di argento
84 BMW R100RS

britman

« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2017, 02:02:37 PM »
I just got back in from a 30 mile ride on the old TR6R.  It was 74 degrees in downtown Virginia today.  Tomorrow a high of 49 and cold driving rain all day.  I just wish the weathermen would make up their mind one way or the other this time of year.....

Offline Jose Mendez

• Gosling
  • Clear Skies, Smooth Roads, Soft Seat
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2017, 02:41:34 PM »
Yep! Met my brother in Galveston for breakfast this morn.  :coffee: He attended the Lone Star Rally this pass weekend and he stayed until today. We rode back home after traffic. A good 200 mile run I guess.  :bike-037:

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2017, 02:41:34 PM »

Offline Calculon

• Hatchling
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2017, 03:22:23 PM »
The week before Halloween, I took the bike to work.  We were busy, so I didn't hit the road until 1:00AM, but it was still 65°, but a couple days later on Friday it snowed and we've barely touched 40° since.  The weather forecast didn't look promising, so the bike went on the charger on Halloween.

I liked last year a lot better.  I road to work in December and took a 25 mile trip in January, both of which are very unusual in Minnesota.
2015 Honda Forza 300 ABS

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2017, 03:26:13 PM »
Yep. High 40s, so rode the Mighty Scura around a bit to warm up the oil. Serviced it, so in answer to the OP.. both.
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • On the backside of the planet.
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2017, 01:28:00 AM »
Needed some s/s screws to replace nails that are popping in the deck. Beautiful day, warm, good excuse to do about 20kms.
Muzz. Cristchurch, New Zealand
03 Breva

Life is just a bowl of Allbran
Ya wake up in the morning and it's there

Offline mojoe

• New Egg
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2017, 01:59:44 AM »
My B1100 is a commute bike, so ride it Mon-Thur 55ml round trip, A128-A127-M25 A12 to Chelmsford.
Fun runs take place at weekends to Maldon, Burnham, Saffend etc.
2005 Breva 1100-GRP end Can

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here