Author Topic: Itchy boot is S.A.  (Read 2848 times)

Offline redrider90

• Gaggle Hero
Itchy boot is S.A.
« on: December 10, 2021, 11:34:06 AM »

Just ran across this posted a couple of hours ago. Itchy Boots flew her new bike to Ecuador and is now headed to Alaska.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsLsLAUVvQI
Red 90 Mille GT

Offline pehayes

• Gaggle Hero
    • Falcone Touring
Re: Itchy boot is S.A.
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2021, 12:52:32 PM »
Always remember that what you see posted from  her is about three weeks old.  Doesn't want people tracking or joining in.  So, real life today may be quite different from the current report.  We'll see how she progresses.

Patrick Hayes
Fremont CA

Offline redrider90

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2021, 02:49:38 PM »
Always remember that what you see posted from  her is about three weeks old.  Doesn't want people tracking or joining in.  So, real life today may be quite different from the current report.  We'll see how she progresses.

Patrick Hayes
Fremont CA

Her FB page puts her at Quito airport at 3:36 AM Dec 8.  And then that evening she posts the day's events of getting the bike released and then picked up on her youtube channel on Dec 8th after she spent the day there. She has posted from Dec 6th getting the bike crated up for air flight to Ecuador. She has a FB quote on Dec 6 saying "THERE WE GO! Alaska in a crate and me on an airplane to South America!! Watch it in a few hours on my YouTube channel and you’ll see where I went to restart  the journey!!
That is fairly fast turn around time.
 2 days before that on Dec 4th  she has a story of taking the ferry to England  I tend to to think she is in close to real time on this trip.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2021, 02:56:10 PM by redrider90 »
Red 90 Mille GT

Offline twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2021, 03:46:43 PM »
She is so organized I wouldn’t doubt that she sinks her Facebook posts with her videos and has a lag built in for safety.

Also, look at her intro for this season.  Things we haven't seen yet.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2021, 04:43:05 PM by twowheeladdict »
2022 Moto Guzzi V85TT Guardia D'onore
2018 V7 III Carbon Dark #0009 of 1921
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200
2009 Harley Davidson Softail Custom

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2021, 03:46:43 PM »

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2021, 07:01:49 AM »
Frankly, I (we) were bored with the topography of Africa. South America is already much more interesting..
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline redrider90

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2021, 01:59:17 PM »
Frankly, I (we) were bored with the topography of Africa. South America is already much more interesting..

Unless of course she had to out run a big cat chasing her  :food: . Not sure she would have had time to get her GoPro focused for a good video.
Red 90 Mille GT

Offline Kiwi_Roy

• Gaggle Hero
« Last Edit: December 11, 2021, 11:49:36 PM by Kiwi_Roy »
72 Eldorado
17 V7iii Special
76 Convert
Half a V9 Roamer

Moto Guzzi - making electricians out of riders since March 15 1921

Offline grebmrof

• Gaggle Hero
'22 Royal Enfield Int650
'08 Triumph Bonneville T100

Offline grebmrof

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2021, 06:36:58 AM »
'22 Royal Enfield Int650

Offline grebmrof

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2021, 02:01:56 PM »
...and some more:

S6...E7 12/15/21
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F28wGcbgb5A

S6...E8  12/17/21
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7iDjDCH5Yc

S6...E9   12/20/21
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfZ5l_Fdwy4

...at this rate, there will be at least 100 episodes by the time she reaches Alaska, so I give up...no more updates on her adventures from here...
« Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 05:55:14 AM by grebmrof »
'22 Royal Enfield Int650

Offline normzone

• Gaggle Hero
  • '72 Eldo - 1980 to 1990 - '99 Bassa 2014 - 2023
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2022, 02:44:54 AM »
It's near one in the morning here, and as is usual I cannot sleep - so I'm watching S6 / E18

That woman has it together - I don't know what gives me more anxiety, using my sparse Spanish to avoid the subtitles and pretend I'm there, or watching the traffic she drives through, or how she navigate the social / legal morass of international borders, or crossing that river and dealing with all the mud, or ... Well, you see my point.
That's the combustion chamber of the turbo shaft. It is supposed to be on fire. You just don't usually see it but the case and fairing fell off.

Offline redrider90

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2022, 10:29:31 AM »
E21 is already up. guys have some catching up to do. I think E20 with her buried in the mud showed some good ingenuity on her part to get it out by herself. It was buried bad.
Red 90 Mille GT

Offline 9fingers

• Gosling
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2022, 03:15:16 PM »
I've been watching and enjoying thoroughly. I had quit when she was done the the RE Himalayans but the CRF300L looks to be a decent bike, somewhat lacking in torque and I do wonder why she never complains about that narrow saddle after 8 hour days. Well if Honda gave me a bike I probably wouldn't bad mouth it either.........And South American does look pretty awesome for such and adventure.
Scott
Current bikes:
V7 III Special - Sophia
Royal Enfield Classic Chrome 500 Bullet - Guinevere
Suzuki V Strom 650 - Rita
Beta Rev 3 270
Honda TLR200 custom
Honda TL250 custom
Honda TL125
Yamaha TY350

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2022, 03:43:14 PM »
We watched episode 19 last night. Gorgeous. I would love to do that ride..

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2022, 08:42:07 PM »
I've been watching and enjoying thoroughly. I had quit when she was done the the RE Himalayans but the CRF300L looks to be a decent bike, somewhat lacking in torque and I do wonder why she never complains about that narrow saddle after 8 hour days. Well if Honda gave me a bike I probably wouldn't bad mouth it either.........And South American does look pretty awesome for such and adventure.
Scott

Where did you see or read that Honda gave her a bike?  First I'm hearing it. 
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200

Offline j.davis

• New Egg
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2022, 05:45:49 AM »
She said when she got the bike South Africa it was all she could afford and it was second hand.

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2022, 06:57:48 AM »
She said when she got the bike South Africa it was all she could afford and it was second hand.

That was a different bike. This new one is a 300. I've never heard of Honda giving it to her, either.. but they are missing a really good opportunity if they didn't. Same with RE, although she has found that lighter is better.

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
Albert Einstein

Offline Nick

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2022, 10:07:49 AM »

Online Kildareman

• Hatchling
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2022, 10:30:42 AM »

That was a 250. The new SA adventure - season 6 is a CRF300 i think. The South Africa bike was left in a museum collection in South Africa on loan.
V7 850 Centenario

Offline twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2022, 12:12:16 PM »
It was difficult to watch this episode while eating my lunch.  I could definitely empathize with what she was going through in this episode.  Leaving us with a cliff hanger while on the edge of a cliff.  dang!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LNlYfDr--I
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200

Offline steven c

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2022, 07:55:28 AM »
 That road was real sketchy,not my idea of a fun day.
2020 V85TT Traveler
74 949 Eldorado

75 Benelli 250
2006 Buell Ulysses
78 Honda XL125

MGNOC 6412

Offline 9fingers

• Gosling
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2022, 07:57:57 AM »
Where did you see or read that Honda gave her a bike?  First I'm hearing it.

I did not hear it but I would assume that Honda would have the sense to give her a current, new bike, for the incredible advertising.
Scott
Current bikes:
V7 III Special - Sophia
Royal Enfield Classic Chrome 500 Bullet - Guinevere
Suzuki V Strom 650 - Rita
Beta Rev 3 270
Honda TLR200 custom
Honda TL250 custom
Honda TL125
Yamaha TY350

Offline twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2022, 08:43:04 AM »
I did not hear it but I would assume that Honda would have the sense to give her a current, new bike, for the incredible advertising.
Scott

I’m sure if they would have reached out to her, she would have accepted it as long as no strings attached. She wants to be honest and says she will not compromise her values to be an influencer. She just wants to travel and bring that to us. She has already pointed out negatives of the bike which she might not have been able to had corporate Honda given her the bike.
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200

Offline tazio

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2022, 01:51:09 PM »
It was difficult to watch this episode while eating my lunch.  I could definitely empathize with what she was going through in this episode.  Leaving us with a cliff hanger while on the edge of a cliff.  dang!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LNlYfDr--I
Love this little gal !!
Current Fleet
2015 Moto-Guzzi GRiSO
1972 Aermacchi Harley-Davidson 350 Sprint
1967 Kawasaki 650 W2TT
1966 Triumph Bonneville

Online Kildareman

• Hatchling
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2022, 10:14:39 AM »
Scott

She bought it. She did get her riding kit from RevIt (Dutch) and her luggage from can't remember, but she was upfront with those and doesn't really mention them since. Plenty of logo's on show. Somewhere I read there was a crew with her but I think that's BS. Everything I've seen is POV/Selfie stick drone.
V7 850 Centenario

Offline twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2022, 12:00:49 PM »
She bought it. She did get her riding kit from RevIt (Dutch) and her luggage from can't remember, but she was upfront with those and doesn't really mention them since. Plenty of logo's on show. Somewhere I read there was a crew with her but I think that's BS. Everything I've seen is POV/Selfie stick drone.

So many people can't fathom the idea that Noraly is doing this on her own.  It is just not in their world view that an independent, educated, self sufficient, driven, focused, talented female exists. 
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200

Offline Seventy One

• Hatchling
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2022, 01:29:52 PM »
She makes a lot of money. A lot more than most people.

I'm pretty sure she can buy a cheap bike for each new trip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYiCJYiuSbQ
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 02:15:25 PM by Ncdan »

Offline twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2022, 02:31:09 PM »
She makes a shitload of money. A lot more than most people.

I'm pretty sure she can buy a cheap bike for each new trip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYiCJYiuSbQ

I hope she makes that much money, (because she deserves it) but that is just a swag.  That is just another YouTube channel trying to make money. 

There are so many detailed factors that go into what you make off YouTube.  A lot has to do with where your audience is located, are they watching the ads.  Are they clicking on the ads.  Are they buying the products in the ads.  She doesn't have paying sponsors. 
The video in your link has no clue how many products she is selling through her website.  On and on. 

You would be better served finding actual YouTubers who share what they make than watching that YouTube Channel.

This guy (TeamOne Learning LK) serves mostly 3rd world countries and says he makes  $100 for 357.1K views.  That is around the number of views Noraly has per video.  So, somewhere between $100 and what the money matters channel posts. 

If you can suffer through this video, this young lady shows her computer screen to show how views don't correlate to the amount of money.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4azCcsv-_oU
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200

Offline Seventy One

• Hatchling
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2022, 03:04:14 PM »
I hope she makes that much money, (because she deserves it) but that is just a swag.  That is just another YouTube channel trying to make money. 

There are so many detailed factors that go into what you make off YouTube.  A lot has to do with where your audience is located, are they watching the ads.  Are they clicking on the ads.  Are they buying the products in the ads.  She doesn't have paying sponsors. 
The video in your link has no clue how many products she is selling through her website.  On and on. 

You would be better served finding actual YouTubers who share what they make than watching that YouTube Channel.

This guy (TeamOne Learning LK) serves mostly 3rd world countries and says he makes  $100 for 357.1K views.  That is around the number of views Noraly has per video.  So, somewhere between $100 and what the money matters channel posts. 

If you can suffer through this video, this young lady shows her computer screen to show how views don't correlate to the amount of money.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4azCcsv-_oU

Why do you feel she deserves this much money? A lot of people would pay to take a vacation like this. If I could get someone to watch my farm for a season (or two) I'd be down there in a heartbeat.

There are other, much more detailed videos out there which delve deeper into what she makes (including stats on who watches her videos) if you look for them. Unfortunately these are all You-Tube videos so they should probably not be trusted since they are profit driven. I do not understand how an inaccurate video would be worth more (or less) though. It seems to me that any video on the subject of what she earns would be worth more if it were accurate and less if inaccurate.

I am unaware of any communally, Church/religious, non-profit produced videos on the subject of her income. I trust non-profit videos. People who don't enjoy profit are always trustworthy.  :thumb:

Since she is able to jettison her bikes at the end of each vacation, I'd guess that she's doing quite well. That is however, just my opinion. I have didn't earn a Red cent coming up with it so take it for what it's worth.

Offline twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2022, 04:47:03 PM »
Why do you feel she deserves this much money? A lot of people would pay to take a vacation like this. If I could get someone to watch my farm for a season (or two) I'd be down there in a heartbeat.

There are other, much more detailed videos out there which delve deeper into what she makes (including stats on who watches her videos) if you look for them. Unfortunately these are all You-Tube videos so they should probably not be trusted since they are profit driven. I do not understand how an inaccurate video would be worth more (or less) though. It seems to me that any video on the subject of what she earns would be worth more if it were accurate and less if inaccurate.

I am unaware of any communally, Church/religious, non-profit produced videos on the subject of her income. I trust non-profit videos. People who don't enjoy profit are always trustworthy.  :thumb:

Since she is able to jettison her bikes at the end of each vacation, I'd guess that she's doing quite well. That is however, just my opinion. I have didn't earn a Red cent coming up with it so take it for what it's worth.

I feel she deserves the supposed income because she is putting out content that rivals anything Hollywood puts out. 

Go for it.  Life is too short.  It is very easy to make excuses for what you are not doing. 

Also, no one know exactly what a youtuber makes other than Google and the owner of the channel.  Those 3rd party channels that purport to know what she makes are just guessing.

Not sure why you feel the need to bring in subjects not to be talked about in your post, but whatever.

Which bikes did she jettison? 
Bike #1 was ridden from India back to the Netherlands.  She couldn't register it in her name, so the Royal Enfield importer traded her a new Himalayan (Bike #2) for her bike with everything still on it to use to market their bikes.
Bike #2 was shipped to South America where it had to be abandoned when the world shut down.  By the time she was able to get it shipped home it was in bad shape.
Before she was able to get bike #2 home she bought the used Honda 500 (Bike #3).
Bike #3 was used to ride around the Netherlands, Iceland, and as many northwest countries as she was allowed to enter.  She realized that it would not be a good bike to ride in Southern Africa so it got parked.
Bike #4 was a used Honda 250 bought in South Africa and pretty much destroyed during the Rally so it is now housed in a museum in South Africa.
Bike #5 is the current Honda 300 Rally that she is riding.

I don't see that any bikes were jettisoned. 

Let's guestimate how much she spent on bikes so far in US dollars. 
Bike #1 maybe $2500 bought in India.
Bike #2 traded even for Bike #1.
Bike #3 maybe $3000 for a used Honda 500.
Bike #4 hopefully not more than $3000.
Bike #5 sell for $6000 in the US.

So under $15k in motorcycles.  Way less than many on this forum have in bikes.  LOL!

2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here