Author Topic: Brake Caliper for 74 Eldorado  (Read 694 times)

Offline JC85

• Gaggle Mentor
Brake Caliper for 74 Eldorado
« on: March 13, 2019, 01:00:01 PM »
Hey guys, I need some input. I ordered a new front brake caliper for my Eldorado, as the old one had a small leak in cold weather, even after a full cleaning and rebuild. I thought I ordered the correct caliper, but I'm not so sure, since it came in, today. The caliper I ordered is a Brembo F08 right caliper. I've checked, and everything is identical to the one that's on there, including dimensions and hole pattern, but there's one difference: mine has two bleeder valves, and the new one has only one. Is this still compatible with my bike? I don't see why it wouldn't be, but want to check, before I install it. Thanks in advance for any input!

'74 Eldo Police Model
'07 CalVin

Offline rutgery

• Hatchling
  • The Netherlands
Re: Brake Caliper for 74 Eldorado
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 01:13:34 PM »
The ''new'' type (from the 1980's or something) F08 callipers only have one bleeder, otherwise they are the same. Worry not!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 01:14:08 PM by rutgery »
'82 Moto Guzzi G5
'89 V7 Sport replica from a Cali 3

Online Antietam Classic Cycle

• Gaggle Hero
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2019, 01:26:26 PM »
It's actually better since it has anodized alloy pistons which won't corrode and stick, and it has a bleeder that won't twist off.
Charlie

Offline JC85

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2019, 01:56:18 PM »
Gotcha. Thanks for the replies, guys.  :thumb: I definitely like that it has the anodized pistons. That's what happened with the old one; after sitting in storage for so many years, it was totally corroded and stuck. I tore it down, gave it a thorough cleaning, and rebuilt it with all new seals, but it's still had a slow leak, anytime the temps get below 40 or 50 degrees.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 01:56:53 PM by JC85 »
'74 Eldo Police Model
'07 CalVin

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2019, 01:56:18 PM »

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here