Author Topic: CANCELED/WEATHER/Tn/Ga (North Carolina this time) area May Guzzi Meet and Greet  (Read 4513 times)

bobrebos

Mays Tennessee/Georgia area meet and greet will be on May 11th 2019 at The Greenhouse Moto Cafe at 1:00 pm.  It’s address is 4021 Haywood Rd (Hwy 191) Mills River, North Carolina.  It is located about 20-30 miles south of Asheville NC.
Yes, I know that’s mother’s day weekend but that’s the best date I could find and you can still get home in time to celebrate Mother’s Day on Sunday. 

Come one come all to Mays meet and greet!  Again, May 11th at 1:00pm

https://www.facebook.com/pg/thegreenhousemotocafe/about/?ref=page_internal

« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 04:36:12 AM by bobrebos »

Offline Mayor_of_BBQ

• Instagram: @Mayor_of_BBQ
  • Gaggle Hero
  • 'Ever thus to deadbeats, Lebowski'
Re: Tn/Ga area May Guzzi Meet and Greet
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2019, 04:02:12 PM »
The Greenhouse is super cool, I will deff be there
Chad (Shadrach) in Asheville NC
1979 LeMans CX-100 (battle axe)
2007 Breva 1100 (Sport 1200 tribute)

Offline Motormike

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2019, 08:58:44 PM »
Blast!  I'll be on a ride out west through AZ and will have to miss it.  If it is a success try it again in the fall!

bobrebos

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2019, 08:23:47 AM »
Bumping bump...about 13 days away.  Come on you Tn/Ga/Nc area riders.  A place to go for lunch on a Saturday.  Life is good.  Woo hoo!!!!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 09:10:44 AM by bobrebos »

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2019, 08:23:47 AM »

bobrebos

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2019, 09:41:48 AM »
I might make a weekend out of it.  Maybe ride over on Friday and tent it for the weekend at the Mt. Pisgah campground on The Blueridge Parkway.  About 25 miles from the Greenhouse Moto Cafe.  Mt. Pisgah campground is walk up only that week (No reservations accepted) so Il try to get there Friday at a decent time to try and get a tent site.  Anybody else interested in a campout that weekend?  Just throwing it out there....
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 10:54:43 AM by bobrebos »

Offline twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2019, 11:01:49 AM »
I would love to get up that way.  Will have to make a last minute decision based on work, weather, and wife's schedule.  Any camping near there?
2022 Moto Guzzi V85TT Guardia D'onore
2018 V7 III Carbon Dark #0009 of 1921
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200
2009 Harley Davidson Softail Custom

bobrebos

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2019, 11:33:52 AM »
I would love to get up that way.  Will have to make a last minute decision based on work, weather, and wife's schedule.  Any camping near there?

I’m going to shoot for The Mt. Pisgah campground.  It’s at 408 Blue Ridge Parkway, Canton NC. which should be about 25-30 miles if my google maps is right, from The Greenhouse Moto Cafe.  The campground is a walk up only during the week of May 10-16 (No reservations allowed) so I’m going to get there on Friday at a decent time and try to get a tent site for the weekend. 

Offline twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2019, 12:32:26 PM »
I’m going to shoot for The Mt. Pisgah campground.  It’s at 408 Blue Ridge Parkway, Canton NC. which should be about 25-30 miles if my google maps is right, from The Greenhouse Moto Cafe.  The campground is a walk up only during the week of May 10-16 (No reservations allowed) so I’m going to get there on Friday at a decent time and try to get a tent site for the weekend.

And that campground is about 60 miles from Mount Mitchell so a good round trip day ride for me.  I have to travel home on Sunday to meet my Wife's schedule.  Now work and weather.  I will probable haul up there on Thursday so I can get a couple days of riding in.   If I go I will have bike(s) in the trailer and will be sleeping in the back of the truck. 

If I make it up there and the camp fills up before you arrive, you are welcome to set your tent up on my site. 
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200

bobrebos

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2019, 12:50:01 PM »
And that campground is about 60 miles from Mount Mitchell so a good round trip day ride for me.  I have to travel home on Sunday to meet my Wife's schedule.  Now work and weather.  I will probable haul up there on Thursday so I can get a couple days of riding in.   If I go I will have bike(s) in the trailer and will be sleeping in the back of the truck. 

If I make it up there and the camp fills up before you arrive, you are welcome to set your tent up on my site.

Sounds great.  Hope you can make it and some other riders too!  Hoping for good weather that weekend!!

bobrebos

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2019, 12:53:36 PM »
Tazio or Guzzi Steve...any riders from your neck of the woods or yourselves want to go camping there that weekend, and the meet and greet at The Greenhouse Moto Cafe Saturday?? 

Offline tazio

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2019, 02:13:37 PM »
Flying into Buffalo (Home of the wingless chicken) on the 11th.
So I'm out... :cry:
I am slowly perfecting my motorcycle camping set up, so look forward to future
opportunities to meet and greet..
Current Fleet
2015 Moto-Guzzi GRiSO
1972 Aermacchi Harley-Davidson 350 Sprint
1967 Kawasaki 650 W2TT
1966 Triumph Bonneville

bobrebos

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2019, 08:03:13 AM »
Flying into Buffalo (Home of the wingless chicken) on the 11th.
So I'm out... :cry:
I am slowly perfecting my motorcycle camping set up, so look forward to future
opportunities to meet and greet..

Have a good trip! 

bobrebos

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2019, 10:31:31 AM »

It’s been suggested I (and others) camp at the Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground instead.  59 Motorcycle Drive, US 276, Cruso NC.  Will that campground work for you??  I’m thinking of going there instead.  That’s about 35-40 miles from lunch at The Greenhouse Moto Cafe in Mills River.  Your thoughts on staying at that campground instead??

Offline Daleroso

• Gosling
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2019, 11:00:34 AM »
That's a m/c dedicated campground. I'd support them if I was there. It's a haul tho from western Nv. Hope to move back there sooner than later. Been away to long. Hop y'al have a good, safe time.
How I miss those roads.😞

Offline Mayor_of_BBQ

• Instagram: @Mayor_of_BBQ
  • Gaggle Hero
  • 'Ever thus to deadbeats, Lebowski'
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2019, 12:03:56 PM »
It’s been suggested I (and others) camp at the Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground instead.  59 Motorcycle Drive, US 276, Cruso NC.  Will that campground work for you??  I’m thinking of going there instead.  That’s about 35-40 miles from lunch at The Greenhouse Moto Cafe in Mills River.  Your thoughts on staying at that campground instead??

BRMC is great, it's near the parkway, but not on the parkway, and you can make some great loops from there...

the closest possible campling is probably Turkey Pen Gap Rd, but its very primitive and accessed by a steep gravel road.
Chad (Shadrach) in Asheville NC
1979 LeMans CX-100 (battle axe)
2007 Breva 1100 (Sport 1200 tribute)

Offline twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2019, 05:54:46 PM »

That is at the bottom of the hill west of Pisgah?  I'll check but not sure they will let me camp in my truck and enclosed cargo trailer. 
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200

bobrebos

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2019, 04:53:08 AM »
That is at the bottom of the hill west of Pisgah?  I'll check but not sure they will let me camp in my truck and enclosed cargo trailer.

I show an address of 59 motorcycle drive, Canton no. And on my map The Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground is 6.4 miles North and a little west of Mt Pisgah campground.  I’m not super familiar with that area but I’m willing to camp at either one.  Let me know which one you prefer (regarding your truck and trailer) and Il pitch there.  Just let me know if you can go and to watch campground you prefer when you know.  Where would you be coming from?  Later...
« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 04:54:32 AM by bobrebos »

bobrebos

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2019, 05:19:38 AM »

According to the Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground website they have a designated parking place just outside the campground for parking of trucks and trailers with a ramp to assist with loading/unloading bikes.  Under the “about us” tab of their webpage....
« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 05:24:02 AM by bobrebos »

Offline twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2019, 07:13:38 AM »
I show an address of 59 motorcycle drive, Canton no. And on my map The Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground is 6.4 miles North and a little west of Mt Pisgah campground.  I’m not super familiar with that area but I’m willing to camp at either one.  Let me know which one you prefer (regarding your truck and trailer) and Il pitch there.  Just let me know if you can go and to watch campground you prefer when you know.  Where would you be coming from?  Later...

I'm coming from near Fayetteville, TN.  My broken body will only let me ride about 150 miles in a day if I want to walk the next day. 

Sounds like I won't be able to sleep in my truck at Blue Ridge so I am going to shoot for Pisgah.  I did read that Pisgah does have shower facilties.  Some campgrounds on the BRP don't.  Showering in a sink is not that much fun!
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200

bobrebos

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2019, 08:09:29 AM »
I'm coming from near Fayetteville, TN.  My broken body will only let me ride about 150 miles in a day if I want to walk the next day. 

Sounds like I won't be able to sleep in my truck at Blue Ridge so I am going to shoot for Pisgah.  I did read that Pisgah does have shower facilties.  Some campgrounds on the BRP don't.  Showering in a sink is not that much fun

I along with a couple other riders will probably be staying at the Blueridge Parkway MC Campground per those riders request.  Will see you at The Greenhouse Moto Cafe in Saturday at 1:00pm if you can make it for the weekend trip.  Maybe we can ride over to Mt. Pisgah campground and say hello!!

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2019, 08:42:35 AM »
I think you can crash in your truck at BR MC camp, it's just on the other side of river(over the bridge). There is a shower house and kitchen in the middle of the place. Good place to camp.
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Offline twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2019, 09:23:16 AM »
I think you can crash in your truck at BR MC camp, it's just on the other side of river(over the bridge). There is a shower house and kitchen in the middle of the place. Good place to camp.

I believe that is where a Guzzi gathering occurred back in '07 or '08 when I was up there on my Ninja 650R.  Got some photos of a few Guzzi bikes that I didn't even know existed since there were no Guzzi dealers anywhere near me until Sloans picked them up a few years ago.  If I can dig them up I will post them on this forum and maybe some of you will recognize them. 

I would rather set up camp near my truck so I will stay up at Pisgah.  No big deal.  When it gets dark I go to bed, and when it gets light I am up.  I may ride down to your campground Saturday morning and meet y'all and ride with you on Saturday. 

Friday I am planning to do the ride up to Mount Mitchell for my Obligatory photo at the elevation sign and the rest stop with the highest elevation on the PRP sign.   :laugh:

2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200

bobrebos

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2019, 01:10:58 PM »
I believe that is where a Guzzi gathering occurred back in '07 or '08 when I was up there on my Ninja 650R.  Got some photos of a few Guzzi bikes that I didn't even know existed since there were no Guzzi dealers anywhere near me until Sloans picked them up a few years ago.  If I can dig them up I will post them on this forum and maybe some of you will recognize them. 

I would rather set up camp near my truck so I will stay up at Pisgah.  No big deal.  When it gets dark I go to bed, and when it gets light I am up.  I may ride down to your campground Saturday morning and meet y'all and ride with you on Saturday. 

Friday I am planning to do the ride up to Mount Mitchell for my Obligatory photo at the elevation sign and the rest stop with the highest elevation on the PRP sign.   :laugh:

Sounds good. Nobody will like riding with me though as in my old age and the fact I got run over on my bike by a car a few years ago, I have learned to slow down.  I don’t take the twisters fast anymore and don’t really care much what others think about that!  Hope to see you/meet you on Saturday.  Be safe.....

Offline twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2019, 06:02:24 PM »

Wonder if any here knows who this bike belongs to.
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200

Offline busdog

• New Egg
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2019, 09:16:23 PM »
That is the one date I can not make.  Giving a presentation in Pigeon Forge Tennessee on Arches and Natural Bridges of the Big South Fork Region of TN/KY.

https://www.mypigeonforge.com/event/wilderness-wildlife-week

how to roll a six on a dice

Offline twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2019, 06:53:12 AM »
That is the one date I can not make.  Giving a presentation in Pigeon Forge Tennessee on Arches and Natural Bridges of the Big South Fork Region of TN/KY.

Wish I could be there for that!  My wife rides her horses at Big South Fork as much as possible and would love to buy our retirement property there. 
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200

bobrebos

« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2019, 07:09:43 AM »

Understandable!  Hope your presentation goes well for you!

bobrebos

« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2019, 05:53:27 AM »
Mays Tennessee/Georgia area meet and greet will be on May 11th 2019 at The Greenhouse Moto Cafe at 1:00 pm.  It’s address is 4021 Haywood Rd (Hwy 191) Mills River, North Carolina.  It is located about 20-30 miles south of Asheville NC.
Yes, I know that’s mother’s day weekend but that’s the best date I could find and you can still get home in time to celebrate Mother’s Day on Sunday. 

Come one come all to Mays meet and greet!  Again, May 11th at 1:00pm

https://www.facebook.com/pg/thegreenhousemotocafe/about/?ref=page_internal

Bumping up.  One week from today.  Hope to see some Guzzi riders at The Greenhouse Moto Cafe Saturday May 11th at 1:00pm or 1300hrs for any of you military/vets etc riders!  Hope the weather report of some rain changes......….Ride safe
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 07:10:22 AM by bobrebos »

bobrebos

« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2019, 07:20:41 AM »
I already had one rider cancel because of rain in the forecast for next weekend!  Weather forecasts can change....lets hope for dry weather.....

Offline twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2019, 07:23:06 AM »
I am prepping for the trip.  I will wait to Wednesday to decide.  If it is bad in the mountains I may just choose another direction where the weather is fair and the roads are interesting. 
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here