Author Topic: Areostitch inventory reduction sale  (Read 7678 times)

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
Areostitch inventory reduction sale
« on: January 28, 2015, 10:22:54 AM »
I just got an e mail. If anyone is on the fence about making a purchase, now would be a good time to jump.

John s
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Offline Cross-tie Walker

• Gosling
Re: Areostitch inventory reduction sale
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 10:28:42 AM »
I got that too. I really like Aerostich stuff but I think they're overhyping their "Sale" The minimum amount to save anything is pretty high on pretty high prices anyway. That being said, if you're looking for a riding suit this would be the time (if they have your size, not backordered on the shelf.) Not to slam them here I LUV my Jacket and Darien pants...VERY high quality stuff...I'm just sayin' I think they've just taken a retail 101 class...mention "Sale" and watch traffic go up! 
Kevin in Seattle
'72 Eldo
'07 Vintage

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 10:34:44 AM »
Yes I agree on your comments but at least it's something. Kinda pisses me off a little I just got my Roadcrafter in november although it's great I would have taken the 15% disc.

Offline Tobit

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 03:48:41 PM »
Call them from time to time and see what they have as returns for sizing reasons.  I recall getting a comfortable discount on my "new" 1-piece that way.  That info may be on their website now, I haven't looked in a long time.
Roman, '86 LM IV

I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 03:48:41 PM »

Online Perazzimx14

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2015, 09:52:36 AM »
I also like Aerostich and bought a Roadcrafter jacket about 2 years ago. At 15 months ownership (about 7,000 miles) I noticed the Velcro on the front rain flap had come loose from the sticking. It looks like the stitching was too close to the side of the Velcro and it just pulled out. I though about sending it back and hoping it was Covered by warranty but shipping cost aren't worth it. Fortunately my mom is a excellent seamstress and can make the repairs for me. Sucks that a $600 jacket needed repairs so soon.

2021 Moto Guzzi V85TT Guardia D'onore
2017 V7 III Carbon Dark #0008 of 1921
2017 Road Glide Special
2020 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2016 Suzuki Van Van 200

Offline Late to the party

• Gosling
  • 1987 1000 SP2
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2015, 12:27:44 PM »
Man, they do get some serious coin for their jackets and pants.

Online Perazzimx14

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2015, 01:16:49 PM »
Man, they do get some serious coin for their jackets and pants.

Yes expensive up front but less expensive in the long run.

My $120 Joe Rocket jacket fell apart in about a year other than the Velcro or a serious slide down the road the Aerostich should hold up for a decade +. So if it last 4 years Or so I have gotten my money out of it. Every year after that is icing on the cake.
2021 Moto Guzzi V85TT Guardia D'onore
2017 V7 III Carbon Dark #0008 of 1921
2017 Road Glide Special
2020 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2016 Suzuki Van Van 200

Offline Tobit

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2015, 02:04:44 PM »
Nowadays their gear can be found lightly used at about half price on ebay.  Might not get the color choice you want but maybe you can.

Tobit
Roman, '86 LM IV

I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2015, 07:25:09 PM »
I finally made the plunge thanks to Smithswede's bad infulence. I'd been looking at aerostitch for years, buying half assed gear that didn't last long. Should have bitten the bullett years ago. I only have about 300 miles on the roadcrafter, But I'm diggin it! Already had a local Galloping goose give me the stink eye for wearing it into a mexican restaraunt. Where's the middle finger emoticon?

Offline Yeahoo Whoyah

• Gaggle Hero
  • 1971 LAPD Ambassador - 1976 Convert
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2015, 11:26:55 PM »
Nowadays their gear can be found lightly used at about half price on ebay.  Might not get the color choice you want but maybe you can.

Tobit
:+1
Absoutely there are some good deals or lightly used gear to be had on eBay, just have to wait for your size to appear. 
Greg Tillitson
El Dorado Hills Calif.

Offline drw916

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2015, 10:07:47 AM »
I've been wearing Areostich since around 1992.  My first Roadcrafter lasted till 2010 until it faded so much I started getting called the "Pink Power Ranger".  Upgraded to the Darian.  Not as cool as mesh, not insulated so I keep my Gerbing with me, but I don't think there is a better choice for one riding suit doing it all.

I've looked at Klim, but see no reason to change.
2022 Triumph Tiger Sport 660
1969 Honda 90 (CM91)

Online Antietam Classic Cycle

• Gaggle Hero
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2015, 10:22:49 AM »
Bought a Belstaff textile jacket in '98 for $198, the matching pants one year later for $99. Neither has needed any repairs, jacket is getting a bit faded, but they both still do the job.
Charlie

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2015, 10:25:53 AM »
I had a Belstaff years ago. It's good stuff.

Offline ratguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
    • road kill
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2015, 12:06:53 PM »
I may crack and order up a 2 pc Roadcrafter later this week. Got a large work bonus being paid in a few days.
I see they have the stealth version now. I prefer that over the bright colored stuff.
I may add the electric jacket liner to the package.
JB
John Boettcher
Wonder Lake, IL

"I'll quit riding when they pry the handgrips out of my cold dead fingers"

Offline blackcat

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2015, 12:36:06 PM »
I personally think the two piece Roadcrafter is the best and when I added the Fallstaff jackets(got the second one for a steal) it just made it easy. I recently went from a Gerbing (stolen) to a Powerlet jacket and I think it is better. Also have a 'Stich heated liner but was never really impressed, though it is a bit old now and maybe things have improved. Not having a connection at the wrist for gloves was NG.
1968 Norton Fastback
1976 Lemans
1981 CX-100
1993 1000S
1997 Daytona RS
2007 Red Norge

Offline bad Chad

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2015, 01:14:45 PM »
I may crack and order up a 2 pc Roadcrafter later this week. Got a large work bonus being paid in a few days.
I see they have the stealth version now. I prefer that over the bright colored stuff.
I may add the electric jacket liner to the package.
JB

How are you going to be seen on the roadway in stealth?  Are you a $50,000,000 fighter jet?  Do you come from the land down under, where women go and men plunder?   Are your pipes loud enough to over come your inconspicuency?

Who do you think you are JB, Ron Emanuel??
2007 Breva 1100  Red Arrow (and faster than yours!)
2016 CSC 250TT Zongshen
2017 V9 Roamer

Offline groundhog105

• Gosling
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2015, 09:13:19 PM »
I would love to buy a transit suit and have lusted after one for some time, but, over $1900.00 for an off the rack suit is ridiculous even it is waterproof.  I will stick with my Vanson leathers.

Offline sturgeon

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2015, 06:54:03 AM »
Also ask them about their pop-up sales. I got a brand-new Transit suit at a significant discount (at the store in Duluth). I was told it was discounted because it had been to one of their pop-up sales. Looked like it had never been out of the plastic bag. It's got a lot more miles and abuse on it now than it ever would've seen at a sale event  :D
Dyslexics Untie!

11 Yamaha WR250R
14 Moto Guzzi V7S
16 BMW R1200R

Offline fotoguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • vee git tooh soon oldt und too late wise -my Dad
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2015, 07:27:17 AM »
my roadcrafter is at least 12 years old and doing the job.. even been thru one crash and survived skidding down the road with me in it.. just some abrasions that I didn't bother to repair, got new armor and it's all good..
for electric I recommend the Airvantage vest or liner (sleeves), electric heat with an air bladder you blow up to fill in the space between you and the outer layer, it's toasty warm..
MINNEAPOLIS, MN

Offline fubar guzzi

• Gosling
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2015, 10:50:35 AM »
I bought my suit 28years ago,washed it twice had two near fatal crashes and its now getting to feel broken in. The only complaint I have is shrinkage,perhaps in the winter months from lack of use it gets smaller,a local seamstress added 10 inches to each side of the jacket 100$.The paints were taken in(???) that was a wellspent $75.In the winter wear a fleece under it,summer when you stop for fuel SOAK it down good with water(helmet also) do not wring out zip up and ride youll be good till the next fuel stop.Ridding through Texas 105 degrees I was snug as a bug in a rug!!

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here