Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
I have been using a pressure washer on my T-3 for over 30 years now with no bad results. Just keep the wand away from the sensitive parts. Otherwise I have a washer with a Honda motor. It can sit for a year with the old gas in the tank and will start on the second pull.
GliderJohn
General Discussion / Re: Mistral h-pipe with T3FB?
« Last post by n3303j on Today at 09:54:58 PM »
I guess my question is whether the T3 floor board lower rails, with the large bracket for the police-style side stand, need a different exhaust header than a non-FB bike? [SNIP]

Accidentally purchased an 850T "H" pipe for my 850T3 FB. The pipe for the T is too wide at the entrance and forces the LH header into the sidestand mount as you mentioned. So I guess the answer is that a floorboard bike needs a narrower "H" pipe than one with rails.
General Discussion / Re: Front brake cable holder
« Last post by Antietam Classic Cycle on Today at 09:49:23 PM »
I believe that all of the Ambassadors or Eldorado's had the all rubber guide that requires fender drilling (not 100% sure on that). Rubber grommets come in many many sizes so I don't think that would be a problem.  I don't think I'd be very good at making a wire one, especially since I don't have an original to pattern it from.

I've never seen a V700, Ambo or Eldo with that rubber guide from the factory. Every one I've seen has had the metal loop with grommet inside.
Thanks alot Guys for all the advice and recomendations. I think a mid sized electric will work fine for what I need it for.  I am leaning towards the stihl electric. I rarely power wash my bikes. about the only part of the bikes that I clean with the pressure is the tire sidewalls when they get brown and grungy, and underside of the engine after an oil change. I rarely use it on the Guzzis, its mostly quads we use off road that get cleaned with the power washer. I make sure never to point it at bearings and any other parts where dirt can get pushed past seals.
Rick.
General Discussion / Re: V85 valve adjustment gone wrong…
« Last post by John A on Today at 09:10:30 PM »
No need to ground the plug. Turned over fine. No sign of the broken piece. I’m guessing it passed through the exhaust already. Seems to turn over fine. Gina complete the valve check and go from there. I held the pen in my hand to prevent this but it did. I tried doing this gingerly but here I am.

I’m glad it’s a small plastic piece but wish it hadn’t occurred. There’s no way it’s still in there now.

The reason to  the plug is because if there is no place for the electricity to go, it can damage the ecu. You got lucky.
« Last post by Air-Cooled on Today at 09:03:14 PM »
I think It's the same p/n as the loop frames:: 55 43 65 25.   You could probably make one pretty easily.  I think the big challenge would be to find the rubber grommet that fits into the wire loop.

I believe that all of the Ambassadors or Eldorado's had the all rubber guide that requires fender drilling (not 100% sure on that). Rubber grommets come in many many sizes so I don't think that would be a problem.  I don't think I'd be very good at making a wire one, especially since I don't have an original to pattern it from.
« Last post by Air-Cooled on Today at 08:47:59 PM »
« Last post by AJ Huff on Today at 08:45:44 PM »
General Discussion / Re: V85 valve adjustment gone wrong…
« Last post by 1wild1 on Today at 08:45:08 PM »
I turn the motor till the exhaust valve is open and adjust the intake valve, then open the intake and adjust the exhaust. First  time I tried the tdc method the screwdriver stuck on me, probable same way it broke the pen. Decided I'd do it the other way.
I would never use a pressure washer on one of my bikes.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here