Author Topic: GT/SP 1000 conversion usign parts of a Breva 1100  (Read 723 times)

Offline juanGe

• New Egg
GT/SP 1000 conversion usign parts of a Breva 1100
« on: May 24, 2019, 02:27:27 AM »
Hi all, I am relatively new in the Guzzi's world, just bought an old GT1000 (it might be a sp2 though), year 1992 that needs to be fully restored. To be honest, what I actually bought is an incomplete engine (with so many missing pieces that it is not worth to buy them all to revive this engine) mounted into an old frame (again, no wheels, no gear box, no transmission, etc etc), but matching numbers and documents are there 

Said that, I bought it because a friend of mine has a Breva 1100 that he could sell me for my project (he had a major accident with it and almost destroyed it -happily he just had minor injuries!!!-).

So, given the circumstances, I am planing now to convert my GT1000 into a modern cafe racer by using the parts of the crashed Breva 1100, and I would like to start with the engine. By looking at both engine block's (GT1000 and Breva 1100) externally, they look identical....

So the question is: would it be possible to "transfer" all parts of a Breva 1100 engine (everything!! including pistons, cylinders, crankshaft, etc etc) into a GT1000 block motor?

I will really appreciate your feedback. it will help me to decide if I take the Breva or I start looking for a cheap GT1000 of the nineties...

looking forward!

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here