Author Topic: RotoPax in Cali 1400 with pics  (Read 701 times)

Online DougG

• Gaggle Mentor
RotoPax in Cali 1400 with pics
« on: April 11, 2019, 10:28:42 AM »
Hi all,                                                                                                     4-11-19

I am sure that this is not a new idea, however, I wanted to share my small project because it was super simple and effective.  I fit my Cali 1400 with a one gal. RotoPax in the right pannier.  As you can see, there's plenty of room...possibly for a larger RotoPax, but a 1 gal. was enough for me.  I bought 2 feet of 1 1/4" aluminum bar and two bolts, 1/4" longer than the factory bolts.  There was no drilling - the original threaded holes worked fine.  The Pax can face forward or rearward, and it is easiest to take out the tank if you completely remove the large RotoPax wing nut.  As you can also see, there's a convenient pocket formed for a Harbor Fright fluid pump.
Once again, I know that there's nothing new under the sun, but after running out of fuel on a trip...my GPS said that there was a filling station...there wasn't, I'd thought I would share this simple fix.
Be well,
DougG
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 10:44:32 AM by oldbike54 »
A possum playing possum is no big deal.  Find one that can play giraffe, now you got yourself something!

Online DougG

• Gaggle Mentor
Pics for RotoPax install on Cali 1400
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2019, 10:35:08 AM »
Sorry, the pics did not post in the first post.

dice roll simulation

Sorry for the tech ineptitude on the first post.
A possum playing possum is no big deal.  Find one that can play giraffe, now you got yourself something!

Offline Cage Free

• Gosling
Re: RotoPax in Cali 1400 with pics
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2019, 11:50:30 AM »
Not a bad way to go, would be terrible to mount it in plain sight and spoil the looks of the bike. Running out or the stress of possibly running out of gas sucks. For that and other reasons I can't see myself selling my 13 Stelvio (8.5gal) anytime soon. My Griso is another story, 4.4 doesn't go very far but like a pretty girl I just can't stop looking and am willing to put up with compromises. :grin:

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here