Author Topic: Spring is here for a day!  (Read 3299 times)

Offline sidecarnutz

• Gaggle Mentor
Spring is here for a day!
« on: February 09, 2015, 12:18:02 PM »
Got the bike out this morning. 55 degrees out! Rode to our church breakfast and then took the bike for its state inspection. Passed first try! Not bad for a 25 year old Cali III. Anyone else having a good day?   ;-T
yeah, I might be addicted to brake fluid. But I can stop any time I want.

2002 Kawasaki ZR7S
2021 Royal Enfield 650 Conti GT

Offline arveno

• Gaggle Hero
    • ddleathers.com
Re: Spring is here for a day!
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 12:43:39 PM »
here is crappy and snowing....again .... :-\

Enjoy it !! :BEER:

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 12:47:44 PM »
Yeah, I had a good day. 50s here, too, so grabbed my gear and drove down to where a guy has a new old motorcycle that I'm thinking about buying. He didn't mention that it wasn't running, and sort of apart..  ;D
Still....a good day.
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline Triple Jim

• Gaggle Hero
    • Lakeland Services Company
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 12:52:22 PM »
I had a great ride in 65° sunny weather yesterday, taking a 140 mile loop east over to Lake Gaston, up into Virginia, west and across Kerr Dam, and back home, all the while on the smallest of paved back roads.  I even got a couple errands done along the way.  This morning I rode my mountain bike in the woods for an hour in shorts and a t-shirt.

Strike while the iron is hot: Friday the high is predicted to be 26°F here.
When the Brussels sprout fails to venture from its lair, it is time to roll a beaver up a grassy slope.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 12:52:22 PM »

Offline twhitaker

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2015, 12:54:48 PM »
Sunday was a marvelous day for a ride and I stayed gone for several hours.
'96 California 1100i 160,000 mi
'97 Centauro yellow 25,000 mi
'02 Champagne V11 LeMans 58,000 mi
MGNOC-11168
Dayton, OH

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2015, 01:05:52 PM »
Got the bike out this morning. 55 degrees out! Rode to our church breakfast and then took the bike for its state inspection. Passed first try! Not bad for a 25 year old Cali III. Anyone else having a good day?   ;-T

I'm babysitting a Convert this year, so I took it out for a bit of a ride to remind the various oils and circuits to return to their duty.   It's an old road warrior, but starts, idles, and runs perfect.   I wish my physique was suited for the seat, floorboards, and handlebars - 25 miles on it and I'm looking for an excuse to stop.

I then took my pulaski axe into the woods and did some trail-building, but that's hard work and I'm not used to it yet - too many years of sitting at a desk.   Had to walk slowly back home, tired but happy.

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

LongRanger

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2015, 01:20:45 PM »
Low-70's in the Denver/Boulder area this past weekend (and today). All of the boys got some much-needed exercise.

Offline Triple Jim

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2015, 01:23:10 PM »
I then took my pulaski axe into the woods and did some trail-building...

I can relate to trail building.  I've been using a rake, shovel, mattock, and chainsaw for a while now, making mountain biking trails.  But for that work, cold weather is just fine with me.
When the Brussels sprout fails to venture from its lair, it is time to roll a beaver up a grassy slope.

Offline lucian

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2015, 01:30:07 PM »
Another snow storm in Maine, 74 inches and counting.

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2015, 01:30:24 PM »
I can relate to trail building.  I've been using a rake, shovel, mattock, and chainsaw for a while now, making mountain biking trails.  But for that work, cold weather is just fine with me.

At the moment, I'm clearing old logging roads for hiking, grubbing up 1" saplings and chopping and moving fallen pines, etc.  

But I started sweating hard and getting a bit light-headed so had to knock off.   You're right, the colder the better for that kind of dog work.   Beats having to go to the gym, though.

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline sidecarnutz

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2015, 03:56:17 PM »
Thanks for sharing guys! Colder and darker here now. Rain coming. But it was great while it lasted!
yeah, I might be addicted to brake fluid. But I can stop any time I want.

2002 Kawasaki ZR7S
2021 Royal Enfield 650 Conti GT

Offline Triple Jim

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2015, 03:59:51 PM »
Beats having to go to the gym, though.

There are always plenty of varied physical activities to do around here without needing a gym.

The latest forecast says the high here Sunday is going to be 20°F.  That's very unusual for this area.  Good trail building weather though.   :)

Thanks for sharing guys! Colder and darker here now. Rain coming. But it was great while it lasted!

Yes, on the verge of rain here too, but I'm not very far from you.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 04:01:34 PM by Triple Jim »

dilligaf

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2015, 04:13:17 PM »
Saturday Marion and I had business in Fletcher, NC and then drove over to, via the GSMNP, Bryson City, NC for the night.  We shared a pizza and drank a beer or two at Anthony's with several GS riders.   Sunday morning we put the top down, yes, we had the Miata, and drove NC-28 up to the Dragon. Then we took the Foothills Parkway and after a bit wound up in Weaverville at the Well-Bred  Bakery & Café http://www.wellbredbakery.com/  for lunch. Beautiful day. We had the Dragon and Parkway, with the exception of three or four cars, all to ourselves. We missed the motorcycle.  :BEER:
Matt

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here