Author Topic: Europa Macchina - Why Go Anywhere Else?  (Read 4079 times)

Offline cookiemech

• Gosling
Europa Macchina - Why Go Anywhere Else?
« on: February 08, 2015, 02:37:15 PM »
This past Friday, I picked up my 2003 Aluminium from Europa Macchina (Lewisberry, PA, near Harrisburg), where it underwent the cam and lifters update. Because I just bought the bike this past summer and because the previous owner believed that his dealer performed this update (which he did not), the update is roughly eight or nine years beyond owner notification. So I looked long and hard at MG dealer reputations to find one I trusted to do this work.

Europa Macchina is not your average MG dealership. I've never seen such a complete assortment of new machines in one place. I had been in touch with Lori there, and she assured me that they would do the update. Once I arrived, I knew I had made the right choice. I'm not going to say that I would eat off the shop floor (that would be hyperbole), but I wouldn't be afraid to walk barefoot over most of it. This is a very professionally-run establishment, with much of their business being the restoration of high-end motorcars. The fact that technicians who routinely handle automobiles worth 50 times as much as my motorcycle were working on my bike was not lost on me.

Lori really went to bat for me. I have no idea how much effort it was to convince Piaggio to pay for this work; I only know that she was successful. And looking at the bike afterward, I can't really tell that anything was disturbed; it's that clean. Oh, yeah, I can see fresh valve cover gaskets . . .

I'd just strongly encourage anyone thinking about a new one to go there first. If you wouldn't be happy with the treatment you receive there, I wonder if you'd like ANYWHERE.

Thanks to Lori, Walt, and Jerry (the tech who did the work).

« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 02:38:36 PM by cookiemech »

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
Re:
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2015, 03:56:34 PM »
Great report.. Well done EM!
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Online lucian

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Europa Macchina - Why Go Anywhere Else?
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 04:33:42 PM »
Some people just have there shit together, and some not so much. Glad to see another high caliber Guzzi rep, we could certainly use a few more. Good for you for giving credit where credit is due. I don't blame you for not letting just anyone work on that bike, it is absolutely beautiful, I've never seen that model before, thanks for showing it off. Just another reason to love the brand. I feel the same way about Seacoast sport cycle in Derry NH, what a great dealership, cant wait till spring to ride over there and hang out for a couple hours. A lot of nice inventory, but more importantly a bunch of really nice people who no what they're doing.

crc

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2015, 05:00:02 PM »
some dealers just go the extra distance, good to know ;-T

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2015, 05:00:02 PM »

Offline stmike

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2015, 07:08:37 PM »
Beautiful looking bike.  The Aluminum was one of the prettiest Californias.

Offline O

• Gosling
  • Don't force it, get a bigger hammer.
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2015, 12:22:43 PM »
Good to hear re: Europa.  Another vote for Seacoast in New Hampshire from me.  I feel lucky that they're only about a 60 mile ride from my house on secondary/back roads.
Owen

2014 V7 Special

Offline menzies

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2015, 01:01:13 PM »
Beautiful looking bike.  The Aluminum was one of the prettiest Californias.

That is a beautiful bike, congratulations. I bought a seat for my Breva from them about a month ago and the transaction went smooth and I would by again.
2001 Triumph Bonneville
2007 Triumph Bonneville
2006 Triumph Scrambler
2017 V9 Roamer

Offline cookiemech

• Gosling
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2015, 03:48:47 PM »
Is that one of the models that also had clutch issues? Something about 1 plate clutch that need to be up date to a 2 plate?

Well, mine has the double-plate clutch. Checked that before I bought it (with only 2869 total miles on it).

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here