Author Topic: Loose mirror on Stelvio  (Read 1027 times)

Offline Ryan

• Gosling
Loose mirror on Stelvio
« on: March 19, 2019, 11:01:55 PM »
I looked for this, but didn't see anything about it. My Stelvio mirrors are clear and my blinkers work. The right one folds in slightly at speed. I can't find a way to tighten it up at the friction joint. Is there a way to tighten that up?

pete roper

Re: Loose mirror on Stelvio
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2019, 11:34:07 PM »
Pull up the rubber gaiter on the stem and you'll find a clamp nut working on a 1/2 olive system. I think it's a 17mm and a 19mm. Tighten. If that fails loosen it off and remove the mirror and wrap a piece of thin shimstock around the stem before slipping it back into the olive and tightening it.

Pete

Offline leafman60

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2019, 08:25:25 AM »
A very popular option taken by many Stelvio owners is to buy the European signals that install in the front bodywork and replace the problematic stock signal mirrors with the standard mirrors that do not have the internal signals.

https://www.af1racing.com/store/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=61346&sku=AF1-896663&description=European+Turn+Signal+%26+Mirror+Kit+for+MG+Stelvio

« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 08:30:25 AM by leafman60 »

Offline Ryan

• Gosling
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2019, 08:30:26 AM »
It's loose on the mirror end, not the bar end. I thought there may be a way to tighten that, but looking through the signal bulb area I couldn't find one. I like the position and clarity. Are the euro mirrors the same except for the signals?

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2019, 08:30:26 AM »

Offline leafman60

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2019, 08:32:08 AM »
It's loose on the mirror end, not the bar end. I thought there may be a way to tighten that, but looking through the signal bulb area I couldn't find one. I like the position and clarity. Are the euro mirrors the same except for the signals?

The euro signal mirrors are very similar in shape to the signal mirrors.

Offline leafman60

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2019, 08:33:47 AM »
If you are new to the Stelvio or to Guzzi, I suggest doing some searching on this site for issues that probably need your attention.

This thread regarding the NTX models may be a helpful place to start.   Good luck

https://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=88274.0

« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 08:36:16 AM by leafman60 »

Offline Ryan

• Gosling
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2019, 11:35:30 PM »
2nd Guzzi. Had  2002 LeMans Tenni. Love them. Some of the issues I read about made me smile- they have still not discovered grease at the Guzzi factory. Some are just part of owning a Guzzi. Love this place and the help. I have fused my aux lights, and will be keeping an eye on the swingarm bearings. Now to read the thread for more info.

Offline leafman60

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2019, 09:55:43 AM »
What model year is your Stelvio, Ryan?

« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 09:56:13 AM by leafman60 »

Offline Ryan

• Gosling
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2019, 10:03:29 PM »
She is a 2016 with 13k miles on her. I looked and looked, couldn't swing one of the leftover 2017s and then stumbled across her. I knew I wanted another Guzzi, and the Stelvio was the best fit of comfort and utility where i live. Just had to find the right one.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here