General Category > General Discussion

Vintage Ranking

<< < (6/6)

Furbo:
Well, much depends on model doesn't it... :popcorn:

1 - Ducati - either 900MHR or 900SS

2 - BMW Air head - Bumblebee GS 100

3 - Tonti Guzzi - now, I like the Tonti's, have owned a T3, Cal II, and LM V. Had you stated Loop/V7 - might've been different.

4 - Norton - lovely, but I don't really know Brit bikes like I do continentals and don't want to start a new degree program now.  :laugh:

And, I'm with Blackcat - throw a Laverda SF II into the mix and it would come out #1 or #2. 

wymple:
My GS1100 EZ Suzuki was far more competent than my Cal 2 or my V65C. I loved my TX & SX650 Yamahas, my RD's, and all the other bikes I've owned. Rode a lot of other bikes as well, from Harley to BMW to Kawasaki & Honda, some seat time on Triumphs, once on a Norton, even a 2 stroke Jawa. But I never liked ANY of them as much as my Tonti, with the V65 coming in a close 2nd. What can I say?

Petrus Rocks:
-And my dark horse nomination- my Buell Ullysses!  Handles almost as good as my Ducati, big torque from 2500 rpms up, has a hit on top like a two stroke, my go to bike for long distance and carrying stuff. 
-My Ducati 900 Monster-begs to be ridden hard,loves corners, point and shoot, and that sound with a good exhaust!
-My cafe'd Guzzi-sounds like a small block Chevy with the LeMans exhaust, twist the throtle and it just pulls and pulls- Easy to work on compared some  of my previous bikes.  Steering is slow, makes you work a little more but feels like you're riding a freight train on rails.
-BMWs- Competent but ultimately a bit boring.  I cafe'd my 74 900 but it never handled very well.
-Another vote for Triumphs-Not that much power but so flickable!  My '76 has been pretty reliable once the electrics were sorted out.  Too much fun on a dirt road, sliding corners, and of course the sound from twin Cone Engineering mufflers.  Handles so much better than a Norton.
-Norton- I owned a '75 MKIII- painstakingly rebuilt, lovingly assembled, handled like a BMW, not that impressed with the motor.  I never want to see 11 headbolts on a twin again! 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version