General Category > General Discussion

Vintage Ranking

<< < (2/6) > >>

Tkelly:
For me the priority is traveling by motorcycle,riding one is secondary so the cool factor and thrill factors are nothat big a deal.I have had great trips on Honda’s,Kawasaki’s,BmWs And Guzzis.The Guzzi gets me there and back and is fun on the good cycle roads so that’s my vote.

blackcat:
List according to re-sale value:

Ducati
BMW (airhead GS’s)
Commando (especially production racer of any year)
Tonti (V7 Sport, LeMans I & III & 1000S)

Daytona RS & soon to be MGS/01 which already is worth more than an RS.

As per original parameters

Ducati
Tonti
Commando
BMW

Daytona series especially RS

Dave Swanson:
Brough Superior  -  Any model.  No explanation necessary, but who could argue with Lawrence of Arabia. 
MV Agusta  - Only the 1970 to 1974 750S or the 1976 750S America.  - The sound and presence of these is unmatched.
Vincent - Black Shadow, or in a pinch a Rapide would do.  -  Fastest production bike on the planet until they went out of business.  Iconic. 
Moto Guzzi Loops and Tontis - Back to reality.  Certainly they stand tall among the best all around bikes you could own during their day

JJ:
Here is my quick read from my experience...

Moto Guzzi Tonti - No argument here, fabulous motorcycles all around... :thumb:

Norton Commando - Had a '75 850 Commando Interstate MK III back in the early 90's.  A "beast" overall, but when it was sorted and running properly, it was a BLAST... :boozing: :cool:

BMW Airhead - Generally "Poo-Pooed" by many Guzzisti, but anyone that has owned and ridden one for any distance knows better... :wink:

Ducati bevel GT - Never owned one, have ridden several, way cool Italian bikes.  Would love to have one like this!

blackcat:
"BMW Airhead - Generally "Poo-Pooed" by many Guzzisti..."

I have ridden a few and don't have a problem with how they perform, but its at the bottom of my list because there are much more interesting twins out there than a BMW Airhead. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version