Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Creamy oil in airbox
« Last post by Error on Today at 01:03:45 PM »
The V7 Mk2 uses the top frame tube as a breather box and a lot of mayo can build up in it especially in cold  weather . I would disconnect the rocker cover tubes , the tube to the airbox and the drain back to the sump . Blow compressed air  through the open tubes and frame tube . Ensure the lines are disconnected to engine and sump as you do not want all the rusty mayo crap being blown back  into the engine.
To get mayo in the airbox means that you may have a blockage in the sump return drain line . This  has a non return valve in it make sure it's functioning correctly and the line is clear.
I installed an oil/air separator in the sump return line just above the starter. In winter I probably drain a table spoon of water out of it a week . Doing 40 km  commute air cooled engines just don't get warm enough to boil it off in winter conditions. Since fitting separator seems to have stopped the mayo build up .Hope this helps

Yes this helps and is a good idea. This also comes back a bit to me not having looked into how the return system works on the bike. Do you mind if I shoot you a message if I have a question? Do you happen to have any pictures of your separator setup?

Thanks!
General Discussion / Re: Rain cover for over my Cal III FF seat?
« Last post by pehayes on Today at 12:55:25 PM »
Do you want cheap or do you want durable?  Mutually exclusive.
Out here in the west, baking sun and heat seem more important than rain or snow.
I always have to store something outside.  I buy a thin silver cover from Amazon.  Reflects sun and keeps the bike components cool and resists the sun itself.  Usually good for two years.

https://www.amazon.com/Favoto-Motorcycle-Waterproof-Reflective-Motorbikes/dp/B07VC43WST/ref=sr_1_15_sspa?crid=1350JR5BMOQ66&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.zhwWxQaqXcU0BGtEaJqgHfy6xcuT6OxR_EjbslT9mmG9fQ7-w_qaIDgSLrhI6uYQW-V_mW851e4d1zLoAv7QRW8NRkpAvc5P-K2hn3qBpcDfZpNVfoIMZvUJOdehMabqJceV0owqCIqlDmA1cK2FJVXr6mGNxvv3OFru4FQA-rRHm-tzKeeHVAehuOxzoqPTq3R-rb8vEq3ZoX5jZR4zNiJu4vwMTzpiJt1bKiHGz0_VVJ052ft0GJX-o4KTjZEB-eH_ZvN6zHPoBk1_-g8NA_BK5-kyrr_2rtDB9CS2rfY.zieJcXDFnopqkiON8ePMKDASgQ5Y3kD3AbDXYGum14o&dib_tag=se&keywords=favoto%2Bcover&qid=1714240173&s=automotive&sprefix=favoto%2Bcover%2Cautomotive%2C180&sr=1-15-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9tdGY&th=1

For longer durability I use SealSkin covers.  Lined by a soft material to protect paint.  I stored Tasmanian bikes for several years and then they took the covers home with them.  Bit of a nuisance to deal with the company.  Frequent spamming mail messages.

https://pre.sealskincovers.com/pages/motorcycle-covers

Patrick Hayes
Fremont CA
General Discussion / Re: It's possible I have a problem.......
« Last post by Perazzimx14 on Today at 11:37:29 AM »
14 days and 1 mile later its onto its next steward. I did manage to media blast and repaint the crash bars while under my care this time. Looked much better,

Any recommendations for a rain cover for my Cal III FF seat? Same basic shape as later California seats.
General Discussion / Re: Price Check: 2008 Nevada 17,600 miles
« Last post by Mwether on Today at 11:34:18 AM »
My point was that if the bike was what he really wanted, then there is nothing wrong with paying $3800.   It's not like there are an easy dozen out there two choose from.   ...

Egg-zachary! If a Nevada was my dream bike, I probably wouldn't be on here asking you guys what it was worth. I'd be bargaining with the guy to get it!

I texted the seller that I just couldn't get myself to $3800, with Gen. 1 V7s selling around that price. He was going to take it to a local show today, to see if there was any interest and let me know this afternoon if he still had it. The show is for bikes at least 35 years old, so buyers there may not be interested in a sixteen-year-old. We'll soon see...

General Discussion / V85TT Air Filter/Air Box/Fine Dust Intrusion
« Last post by yrunvs on Today at 11:14:24 AM »
I've seen posts on various Guzzi sights about an issue with fine dust making it past the air filter because of the precarious air box filter fit/construction. Is this an issue? and if so, is there a remedy?
General Discussion / Re: Price Check: 2008 Nevada 17,600 miles
« Last post by bad Chad on Today at 10:05:56 AM »
My point was that if the bike was what he really wanted, then there is nothing wrong with paying $3800.   It's not like there are an easy dozen out there two choose from.   Sounds like he's really not all that into the Nevada.
General Discussion / Ride or Clean, that is the question
« Last post by tris on Today at 10:02:36 AM »
Bike was shiny and clean last night

Today's ride was dry except for about 150m outside a quarry and this happened

Oh well,  I guess that we have to suffer for our hobbies
Pretty much the same set up I've done on mine then.
I have had several brown pant moments with the original set up...it's as if there was virtually nothing braking at all.
Trim the boot slightly ?
I have already (after I took this pic), but even the smaller rib diameter is still a little loose. If there’s no way to otherwise clamp a normal fork boot to the slider, I suppose this modification is better than nothing.

A fork brace is an excellent addition, especially if it’s on a sidecar.
Indeed—the stock brace would almost certainly be tested like a wishbone on Thanksgiving.

The NTX brakes are however already woefully bad on a solo machine
Yeah, one pot just won’t cut it. Besides, since it’s on the V7, I just decided to use the V7’s twin pot Brembo and make a brake caliper adaptor to bridge the mount-to-disc difference, which I’ve figured to be around 3mm. Initially started cutting out of aluminum block, but ultimately decided to go a simpler route with some 3mm thick steel plate sandwiching the stock mounts, like in my drawing below:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here