General Category > General Discussion

Strange whine out of the blue (not the usual gearbox whine you get)

(1/3) > >>

Jeeron:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-40wSfvPZ8&feature=youtu.be&t=56s

So if listen to it, you'll hear the whine I`m talking about. Only seems to happen under load... and my brain doesn't know where to look / doesn't have time to since I`m studying for a resit.... Which I need my bike for to get to.... And no, it's not the camera that's creating the sound... sadly

What happened:

* Changed my rear tyre, no noises, no weird shit, happily drove to home and parked it.

* Tightened the oil pressure sensor a little bit because it was leaking a bit of oil.... (mind you it wasn't so loose that you could turn it by hand or anything)

* Enter the weird screeching sound under load.

* Untightened the sensor about as much as I tightened it. (now aware that it also locks the camshaft in place)

* Weird sound still there under load.

* On the center stand, going through the gears and the revs... nothing weird all sounds as it should.

* Oil levels are as it should in Engine & gearbox, both are fresh

* turning everything by hand doesn't give me anything weird either...

* And I`m fresh out of ideas on this one...

Also have this on the Dutch Guzzi Club but those blokes are sleeping now (topic: http://www.mgcn.nl/forum/index.php?showtopic=18646)

any of you guys have any ideas about this one?

guzzisteve:
Sound like a bad wheel bearing.

rodekyll:
What bike?

I can't hear the noise (don't do u-toob).  I'll offer though that a regulator that's going south can make a high-pitched, constant whine when the engine revs come up (ducati-type).  Also, tank suck can sound like a whine and also would be most apparent under load.

Triple Jim:
The whine I head seemed to be related to engine speed, not wheel speed, and repeated each time you upshifted and accelerated.  Is that the one you mean, or was is the one that was prominent when you went up the driveway?

Jeeron:

--- Quote from: Triple Jim on January 26, 2015, 07:45:29 PM ---The whine I head seemed to be related to engine speed, not wheel speed, and repeated each time you upshifted and accelerated.  Is that the one you mean, or was is the one that was prominent when you went up the driveway?

--- End quote ---

Prominent one up the drive way. The other little screech are just the brakepads acting stupid, couple of decent braking moment and that's gone.

For testing purposes I`ll just double check the wheel bearings... but they felt ok when I put the wheels in... Had my rear tyre bearings on my other V50 break on me, but they never made any screeching sounds :/. That just went wobbly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version