General Category > General Discussion

Bassa bulb blown, socket slagged - Anybody know upgrade socket & bulb P/N ?

(1/4) > >>

normzone:
Haven't ridden for a couple of weeks, got it out yesterday, then today again.

Yesterday it sounded fine. Today at lunch I noticed the left plastichrome throttlebody cover is broke off. Oh well, I have the emesis pan to make another pair from. Actually, I've got two. If somebody needs one let me know.

On my way to lunch the exhaust note sounded louder on the left. I chalked it up to a loose earplug.

On the way home from work it got louder and louder - there also seems to be a lessening of throttle response, although I'll be damned if I can define it properly. So I get home thinking things like exhaust baffle burglars.

The back of the pipes look no different than usual. I guess I'll ride it some this weekend and try to figure out WTF.

oldbike54:
Norm old man , check the nuts where the pipes connect to the heads , and then check the muffler and crossover connections . The "Baffle Burglar" went extinct in the 1930's  ;D

Dusty

radguzzi:

Norm,
Yup, as mentioned, check all the exhaust nuts and clamps.  Bet you'll find some loosening has happened.

Intake also, the intake runners and clamps.  Lemme know if you need another set of eyes/ears on the Bassa.

Best,
Rob

normzone:
The thought plickens.

To see if I could go for a ride tomorrow with [radguzzi], I woke up the bike again to see if the exhaust leak would further identify itself.

Nothing. Gone. I am going to chalk it up to an earplug coming loose. I can't think of a cause for an intermittent exhaust leak. I took it up on the freeway for a few miles and got on it - worked great.

But the headlight is about dead - it comes on, but so dim as to be useless. I have the driving lights to fall back on, but it's not my ideal.

And the brights indicator has been coming on intermittently for a month now, initially going away after a few miles, but now on at the startup  and stays that way, regardless of the switch setting. So the new theory is that the exhaust leak sound may have been a symptom of the headlight going out.

So I'm going for a ride tomorrow. Maybe being around some well behaved Guzzis will be good for the bike - I've seen it work with horses anyway.

rodekyll:
If you have a busted baffle (is that possible with your cans?) it can intermittently rattle in and out of position and change the sound.

That's all I've got.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version