General Category > General Discussion

My 2021 V7 850 stone Guzzi hates me……

(1/11) > >>

Beowulf:
Well I got on the bike to go to meet my wife for a date and soon as I twist the throttle and go it goes and than I stop and it continues to rev freakishly high. I don’t know what I did to offend it this time but the tech is the last one to work on it. Thoughts? I’m beating my head right now. Darn thing is in the shop for two months for fuel relay, previous to that kickstand switch, neutral switch is scheduled to be fixed and now this. :violent1: I’m trying to be patient but this is something else.

JJ:
Good luck with everything.... :rolleyes: :shocked: 

There is nothing more frustrating than a new, modern motorcycle with technical issues!! :shocked: :shocked:

yogidozer:
I've had this problem before. Throttle cable has worn/kinked/binding, and not allowing to return
Another very slight possibility, the lube you used on the cable is to thick, colder weather i's even thicker and binding.
But my guess is, time for a new cable.

Beowulf:

--- Quote from: yogidozer on January 21, 2022, 05:40:54 PM ---I've had this problem before. Throttle cable has worn/kinked/binding, and not allowing to return
Another very slight possibility, the lube you used on the cable is to thick, colder weather i's even thicker and binding.
But my guess is, time for a new cable.

--- End quote ---

Thank you. I feel like an idiot but soon as wiggled the cables the throttle kicked down to an idle. It’s definitely in the cables. I will clean and find what’s going on tomorrow but at least I have answers. Much appreciated.

yogidozer:
Could also be when the bike was assembled, the mechanic misrouted or kinked the cable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version