General Category > General Discussion

Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !

<< < (677/723) > >>

eHenry:
Hello, Guzzi folks!

It's been about 20 years since I've been here at Wildgoose, and while I got out of riding for a decade and a half (long story), I've been back for a few years and I'm now thinking about a California 1400... so I'm doing my research and reading up on what I might be getting myself in to. 

Some here might remember me, Erston from Louisiana who had a 1990 Mille GT.  I'm in Tacoma, Washington now and using my middle name of Henry... but Erston still works too if that is how you remember me.

Pics of my old bike:

Thanks for having me, and thanks for the great forum!

~ Henry

BMW R1100R, Guzzi pondering

YanksTT:

image uploading

Hello from the Pacific Northwest,
I'm enjoying my V7III Carbon that I rode home from San Diego last year.  I also just found an MGX-21 in Sacramento.  Previous Guzzi's were a black Quota and a black Griso 8V.

SydBarrett:
Hello Guzzisti!

I am 40yo from Palermo!
Lat year I decided to change my Ducati Monster due to some back pain with the new V7. The dealer in Palermo wasn't nice to me and my Ducati so in November I got a second hand 2010 Triumph Scrambler. It's an amazing bike and an amazing engine, but coming from a Vespa 150 and a Ducati Monster 620, I feel that the engine is "too smooth".

Now I have decided to get an older Guzzi and customise it!

Cheers!

Mailman:
Greetings from Sunny Surprise Arizona, my name is Bob and I’m a retired postal worker, I have owned or been involved with motorcycles since about 1970, took a 20 year break when my kids were young and then got back into it. For the last 17 years I have been restoring and riding vintage bikes and I owned a couple new ones over the years also.
I just sold two vintage Yamahas that I restored, the red one is 50 years old and the black one is 45 years old.

Their sale proceeds will be going to a new Guzzi V7 850 Special, which I have put a deposit on and now I may have to wait until the end of the year to receive!  That’s a new experience for me!

In the meantime, I want to absorb as much information as I can,  I plan on doing as much work on my bike that my abilities will allow. I’m a pretty fair mechanic, but that has all been on older bikes that didn’t have all the electronics and emissions systems.  I have managed to find a PDF repair manual, and a PDF parts manual, I’m still trying to locate a free PDF engine manual if anybody knows of one?

So I’ll be hanging around and I hope to get to know some of you better, and if my ship ever comes in, I’ll show off my bike! 😃

Ramsaye:
Hello all from London (UK)
Thought I’d sign up as this forum has been very useful in helping me decide whether to take the plunge into my new purchase, lots of useful info here. I expect to have lots of questions for you all in the future.

(Don’t worry, the pic is just for posing, I geared up after it was taken)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version